Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

Sometimes have the DCS crash when try to change TACAN frequency.

For example create a new mission (empty map, Forrestal and A-4C-E on it). Hot start on a catapult. Start mission -> i am sitting in the cocpit -> change TACAN frequency -> everything looks fine.
The same but hot start on the deck. Change the weapon, drived to the catapult, tried to change TACAN frequency -> DCS crash. 

Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes it may repeated on the SC. 
Sorry, can't say more specific details.

Edited by kievbsm

1 hour ago, kievbsm said:

Sometimes have the DCS crash when try to change TACAN frequency.

It's a known bug after the upgrade to 2.9

Have you updated the A-4E to the new version? Look in the previous page.

"Fixed

• TACAN and MCL system crashes."

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Like 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

Hi! 
Here is the mission. 
Steps to repeate:
- take A-4E (it is hot start on the Forrestal deck)
- request rearming
- turn TACAN to TR
- try to change channel from 1 to 59
= dcs.exe stopped to responce and than you'll see the "Application is not responding - try to restart it"

Also I've found that if I change TACAN channel and then turn on TACAN radio it works fine. But if I turn TACAN radio to T/R and then try to change TACAN channel it giong to be crashed DCS.

CFragms_Marianas_Proving_Grounds.miz

Edited by kievbsm

Have you cleaned FXO and METASHADERS 2 folders into your SAVE GAMES/DCS?

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

Hi folks! I´m trying to  take-off from SC, but the flight director keeps waiving his hands and do not gimme the signal to take off. I tried to watch any Youtube videos (Sport, Iain Christie, Grim Reapers) but they are old and do not reflect the new version. The Special  tab mentioned on some of these videos are outdated and the tweaks suggested there are not valid (or present) anymore. Any tutorial (video or article) showing how to do the trick? 

PS. I haven´t tried the other available carriers, and if there are some differences, please let me know.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Direwolf:

Hi folks! I´m trying to  take-off from SC, but the flight director keeps waiving his hands and do not gimme the signal to take off. I tried to watch any Youtube videos (Sport, Iain Christie, Grim Reapers) but they are old and do not reflect the new version. The Special  tab mentioned on some of these videos are outdated and the tweaks suggested there are not valid (or present) anymore. Any tutorial (video or article) showing how to do the trick? 

PS. I haven´t tried the other available carriers, and if there are some differences, please let me know.

In my knowledge there is a bug for the SC launch procedure at the moment. The A-4 is not the only bird affected from the bug.

@Direwolf check your mission editor settings. Click on the watch icon at the foot of the screen. With this ticked the system will only give you the correct period aircraft and may not include mods.

Visit the Dangerdogz at www.dangerdogz.com. We are a group based on having fun (no command structure, no expectations of attendance, no formal skills required, that is not to say we can not get serious for special events, of which we have many). We play DCS and IL2 GBS. We have two groups one based in North America / Canada and one UK / Europe. Come check us out. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Direwolf:

I noticed there are no option to add an A4 in Mission Editor, meaning there will be no possibility to build missions for it. Am I correct?

It is possible to build missions with the A4.

If you do not see the A4 in the ME check the country and check if the historical mode is activated. You switch the historical mode on/off with a button in the lower bar.

Sorry for this qiestion but didn't get any information in the Manual about this switch.

I try to learn how to use Shrike and have big problems with it. 
All my Shrikes have always missed. 
Launched from any distance, any altitude - they totally missed. 
In the manual we have information how to decrease the search sound when we use Shrike as an active weapon. 
It talks about VOL.
But, should I use the second switch (Walleye - 1 - 2)?
Does it work or it doesn't?

shrike.jpg

45 minutes ago, kievbsm said:

Sorry for this qiestion but didn't get any information in the Manual about this switch.

As far as I know, that particular switch isn't implemented.

45 minutes ago, kievbsm said:

All my Shrikes have always missed. 

Everything is normal, that is Shrikes in a nutshell :))

What works for me is, at least with AGM-45As, get to 10nms or less from the target radar, get a good tone, launch all 4 if you have that many onboard, hope for the best. If they track, you will see them loft by themselves.

If you manually loft them up, you can extend the range up to about 12nm from medium altitude. With newly added AGM-45B, ranges may be a bit greater, but employment methods and accuracy remains the same.

Now, sometimes I do get "one shot one kill" occasions with them, but that is not to be relied upon in my opinion. Fire all of them on the same radar in one go method increases the chances for them to do enough damage to either kill or disable the radar with enough near misses, if one hits, great. Then I go in with unguided weapons to mop up the rest of the site if it doesn't have any serious SHORAD defenses.

• Like 3

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I am having an issue with the shrike when using the A-4E and the F-4C mods. I've tried a few different radars including the SA6, SA2, SA11, Gun Dish and Fire Can and I've tried both a custom mission and tried using them in MP servers. When I fire them, weather it be with a good tone or just toward an active radar, they don't track at all. They come off the rail and just fly in a mild downward arc into the ground. I loaded in an AI F4 with a shrike and it fires and tracks to a Fire Can just fine. I also haven't seen anyone post about this as far as all the people that use the weapon with the Skyhawk on ECW so I think this is somehow isolated to me. I know the hit rate is poor but that isn't what is happening. There is just no attempt to track at all. I'm just looking for some advice on weather I am just dumb and doing something wrong or where I should look too attempt a fix. In the A4i have the pilons selected with master arm on and i have a good base tone and I am getting a change in tone. Nothing makes a difference. 

Thank you for any help you all might have with this. 

1 hour ago, WTFCSon said:

First dumb question; Is the radar radiating in your direction when you fire it(Ignoring the AI F-4 for a minute)?

Second dumb question; What range are you firing the shrike at?

So first question is ive tried both, waiting until i am locked and even launched on and also preemptively launching. 

Second question, ive tried both very close (within 2-3 miles) and far (around 10-12 miles). 

Nothing seems to make a difference. Im starting too think its some sort of file problem on my end but as far as mods go i only have the A-4E mod, VSN standalone F-4, uh-60L and hercules. I am not using any weapon mods or tech mods. 

I`ve just flown my first A4 mission after loading the VSN F4 mod.  None of the shrike tracked, all fell into the sea.  Before, all tracked to target (not that they hit it, but still tracked in the right direction).  I will remove the F4 mod tomorrow and see if there is a conflict.

GE Wings2.jpg           AMD Ryzen 5, 16 GB DDR4, AMD XFX Radeon RX590 8GB, 27" curved Samsung monitor.

11 minutes ago, Mike145 said:

I`ve just flown my first A4 mission after loading the VSN F4 mod.  None of the shrike tracked, all fell into the sea.  Before, all tracked to target (not that they hit it, but still tracked in the right direction).  I will remove the F4 mod tomorrow and see if there is a conflict.

I never tried them before the F4 so I will uninstall the F4 when I get home and see if that fixes it.