Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

1 hour ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

What's up with that?

that’s not an A-4E, but an M or N

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Exceeding the airspeed of about 400 kts while the landing gear is extended seems to break its functionality. After reaching the limit it can't be retracted anymore, even if the airspeed is brought down to a more suitable level. At first  I thought that this is intentional behavior, but I haven't found any mentions about this kind of damage system. Is it a bug or is it supposed to be like this?

Hi @Boulders, I just pulled up the A-4E-C Manual in the DOC folder.

In Seciton 4-6 (Page 25) there is a reference to Landing Gear Overspeed Damage: 185 KIAS (locks gear) 

Cheers. 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everybody.

Since few updates ago the CV's TCN and ICLS (both Stennis or Supercarrier) is not received anymore, while any map's ground TCN & ILS is received normally.

Does anybody had the same issue and solved it?

Thanks

vor 11 Stunden schrieb baco30:

Hi Everybody.

Since few updates ago the CV's TCN and ICLS (both Stennis or Supercarrier) is not received anymore, while any map's ground TCN & ILS is received normally.

Thanks

Jepp, have the same problem. Single and multiplayer. 

Hi Everybody.
Thanks
Are you playing SP or MP? A lot of MP missions have scripted allocations of Tacan, ICLS, Link 4, etc, that are technically injected after the mission file is made. For all of this to work on the A-4 (big work-arounds), including radios, all of these parameters must be set in the Mission file (ie in the Mission editor) from the start.

For example, in the stock Pretense cold war (Syria), playing off-line SP, I have to change the CV-59 parameters in the script (to get UHF radio frequency for the carrier as A-4 does not have VHF), then in Mission Editor, set the CV-59 to activate TACAN, ICLS, ACLS and Link4 to match those parameters in the script. It then all works for me.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

7 hours ago, Scotch75 said:

Are you playing SP or MP? A lot of MP missions have scripted allocations of Tacan, ICLS, Link 4, etc, that are technically injected after the mission file is made. For all of this to work on the A-4 (big work-arounds), including radios, all of these parameters must be set in the Mission file (ie in the Mission editor) from the start.

For example, in the stock Pretense cold war (Syria), playing off-line SP, I have to change the CV-59 parameters in the script (to get UHF radio frequency for the carrier as A-4 does not have VHF), then in Mission Editor, set the CV-59 to activate TACAN, ICLS, ACLS and Link4 to match those parameters in the script. It then all works for me.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Tkanks Scotch75. Only SP. I also edited Instant Action missions on ME to confirm that TCN and ICLS are activated.