Anyone have a correct shutdown checklist ?

Hi,

Shutdown procedures would start with something like-

1.Start APU to provide elect power,fire warn,and comms with twr & grnd.

2.Shutdown engines.

3.Apply rotor brake at a proper %

4.Shutdown all Nav systems then shut down radios, lights and any switches remaining on.

5.Shutdown the APU

6 Shutdown the battery or external power last.

Hope this helps

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

APU is only used to start the engines and does not provide electrical power, so it is not started during shutdown. Also, you would not plug in external power just to shut down. During shutdown, all electrical power requirements would be handled either by the generators while the engines are running at AUTO, or by the onboard batteries.

Something like AlphaOneSix's startup checklist. ie.: real checklist format would be awsome. I'm a checlist type of simmer, I think it adds to the level of immersion. :pilotfly:

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Well, I was going to say that I have no shutdown checklist, because I have not yet gotten to a point in the game where shutting down is something I need to do, because:

1- The aircraft and I land at different locations, and the aircraft performs its own "accelerated shutdown" routine, usually very extravagantly with a lot of visual effects.

2- The aircraft lands with me in it, but due to specific circumstances, the aircraft has taken care of shutting everything down long before I made contact with the ground.

3- The aircraft, and the pilot, shuts everything down in a single cataclysmic manner immediately upon contact with the ground.

4- The aircraft, or at least any recognizable piece of it, doesn't land at all.

• Like 1

Well, I was going to say that I have no shutdown checklist, because I have not yet gotten to a point in the game where shutting down is something I need to do, because:

1- The aircraft and I land at different locations, and the aircraft performs its own "accelerated shutdown" routine, usually very extravagantly with a lot of visual effects.

2- The aircraft lands with me in it, but due to specific circumstances, the aircraft has taken care of shutting everything down long before I made contact with the ground.

3- The aircraft, and the pilot, shuts everything down in a single cataclysmic manner immediately upon contact with the ground.

4- The aircraft, or at least any recognizable piece of it, doesn't land at all.

:megalol:

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

APU is only used to start the engines and does not provide electrical power, so it is not started during shutdown. Also, you would not plug in external power just to shut down. During shutdown, all electrical power requirements would be handled either by the generators while the engines are running at AUTO, or by the onboard batteries.

Thanks for the correction, I am guessing from how some US choppers operate, so the APU only provides bleed air for starting,ok.

i am use to it running an accessory gear box, running generators and hyd pumps to provide functions.

Sorry for miss-leading guys

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

i am use to it running an accessory gear box, running generators and hyd pumps to provide functions.

Most western aircraft with APU's operate this way. The Ka-50 does have an "accessory gearbox" that can be operated by bleed air from the APU, but this is not for normal operations. It is done through the use of the Turbo Gear, but can only be engaged and disengaged from outside the aircraft by ground crew.

LWIn + End...

I do this and then watch the blades stop. By the time I am done flying a mission and manage to land where I take aim for, I am ready to do a fast shut down.

Otherwise, I would start the APU, put the fuel levers down, and turn everything off.

Otherwise, I would start the APU, put the fuel levers down, and turn everything off.

Starting the APU doesn't do anything for you, leave it off during shutdown.

I read somewhere that on some engines you have to run them for a while at idle load to let them cool down.

It all depends on the amount of realism you're wanting to put up with. Normally, you let the engines run at idle for a few minutes to cool off before you shut them down. This is common for U.S. helicopters. It may not matter on the TV3-117 engine, but where I work (on Mi-17s), we also idle for 2 minutes prior to shutdown.

In the manual there is a page labeled Engines and Equipment Shut Down I do not know the page# it is in chap 6 about the 15th page right before Route Descent and Hover Modes

Unrealistic shutdown procedure:

1) Trottle to Idle

2) Fuel cutoff levers off

3) When Rotor RPM is low -> rotor brake on

4) The rest doesn't really matter, you can just switch off the batteries and the chopper is shut down. If you want to start again, just switch the batteries on and everything's working again.

The order in which you turn off the switches doesn't have any negative effects as I experienced so far :D.

My DCS movies:

Realisticly you'd turn things on and off in sequence to prevent power spikes in the electrical system. Simply shutting everything off with the battery master, and then turning it on the same way later, is just asking to pop every breaker in the bird or worse.

Maybe I'm the only person who's run across this, but I find if I don't shut off the engine governers prior to cutting the fuel flow I end up with a gearbox warning light. Somehow it doesn't seem like I should be shutting off the governers before the engines are off though.

Maybe I'm the only person who's run across this, but I find if I don't shut off the engine governers prior to cutting the fuel flow I end up with a gearbox warning light. Somehow it doesn't seem like I should be shutting off the governers before the engines are off though.

I think you refer to the "gearbox oil pressure" message. That's normal. No malfunction here.

Just turn off the EKRAN and the message will go away! :D

Edited by therion_prime

My DCS movies: