Returning AI Jam Up Deck and Prevent Waiting Aircraft from Launching Off of the Deck

Hawkeye91

I'm trying to play Liberation missions and when ever I return after I finished my sortie, the Deck is 100% of the time always jamming up because AI aircraft trying to trap prevent the deck crew from launching a plane waiting to take off on that catapults while simultaneously forcing the AI to do constant go arounds/wave offs so its stuck in a feeback loop and makes it pretty much impossible to get back on the deck nearly 100% of the time. 

Edited by Hawkeye91

• Hawkeye91 changed the title to Returning AI Jam Up Deck and Prevent Waiting Aircraft from Launching Off of the Deck
  • ED Team

Hi, 

we would need to see a track replay of the issue, but due to the nature of liberation it maybe difficult to get a decent track replay. 

Ultimately it is up to the mission designer to ensure the deck is clear for carrier operations, if liberation is creating to much traffic on a carrier deck its going to be difficult to resolve.  

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

we would need to see a track replay of the issue, but due to the nature of liberation it maybe difficult to get a decent track replay. 

Ultimately it is up to the mission designer to ensure the deck is clear for carrier operations, if liberation is creating to much traffic on a carrier deck its going to be difficult to resolve.  

Realistically carriers would have launch configurations and recovery configurations. I don't know what plans are for the future of the SC module, but a simple toggle ingame to swap the carrier between launch and recovery, would help prevent AI from trying to simultaneous launches and traps and prevent the feedback loops. I guess this could almost be a wishlist item to make large operations with AI more manageable.

Thanks BN

• ED Team

You can use the radio menu and ground crew to ask for a launch, but again if the AI traffic is to high it may create problems

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

You can use the radio menu and ground crew to ask for a launch, but again if the AI traffic is to high it may create problems

yeah I did try this, though I was also trying to trap, not launch, so I don't know if it works for any planes on the deck or only the player.

have  you  tried   to   alter  the  times  for  take  off from the  carrier   etc   so  that  dont  all  take  off  the  same  time  and  will  return   at the  same  time so  if  you  alter  the  times  eg  like  20 minutes  apart    that  should  give  them  time  to land at the  carrier

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

have  you  tried   to   alter  the  times  for  take  off from the  carrier   etc   so  that  dont  all  take  off  the  same  time  and  will  return   at the  same  time so  if  you  alter  the  times  eg  like  20 minutes  apart    that  should  give  them  time  to land at the  carrier

eh, I'm just trying to play Liberation generated missions. Messing with start times and stuff is too much fiddle farting around for my patience.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye91 said:

eh, I'm just trying to play Liberation generated missions. Messing with start times and stuff is too much fiddle farting around for my patience.

ok  than no worries  iam the other  way i preferr  to set  my own  targets  and  set  the  times  etc  for aircraft  to take  off 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure there is some devil in the detail, but super carrier really cannot handle busy decks at all, even if just temporarily, which causes a lot of headaches. Who wants to start over after waiting for the start slot and then after a cold start or even worse at the end of a successful mission not being able to land.

1) If airplanes are landing and launching don’t use the launchers on the deck and only the bow ones. i can imagine this would be done IRL Getting waved off on final just to have a plane pop up on deck shortly before sucks.

2) detect jams/deadlocks and try to remove the blocking plane. I would rather prefer this than starting all over. I believe this would still cause an acceptable flow in most cases in particular with liberation  missions in mind 🙂

3) Implement some queuing before spawning. This is better than a complete blockage and would still allow a good enough flow in busier missions if isn’t timed too crazy of course. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi, There are satic templates for Super Carrier configurations activated by triggers and the F10 menu now, that can activate clean carrier decks, or clear landing decks only, or mixed cat launches and trap operations simultaneously. The triggers have to be activated manually, but this is quite comfortable if you aircraft operations are not totally random, which is presumably the case IRL 😉

See : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3330966/  😀 Enjoy ! 👍