Realistic helicopters rotor sounds

HUAF-074

the sound of the ka itself is very realistic, i have heard it for real, up close and personal.

The only issue i have with the sound, is that on flyby view, the engine sound just cuts off , there is no fading when the helo has passed and off into the distance.

xfi-platinum full eax effects. game sounds set to max quality.

Here are my experiments withs sounds,i used a old sounds from addons of lockon for planes,flares,explosions etc and inside cockpit sounds are from diferent videos of youtube im trying to masterize sounds to have a good feeling in cockpit,this is for beta testers jajajajaj http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=387S7GTW

opinions please,and more resouces.

Sory for my espanenglish

IMHO, sound perception will vary widely from PC to PC, depending on both hardware and software settings. Worse, our idea of what is "realistic" will also often vary, especially when users rely on internet audio/video recordings to determine what is "realistic." Sound is very dynamic by nature and even the same helicopter can sound very differently, depending on your location, the surrounding terrain, helicopter flight regime (speed, altitude, engine power, collective, etc.) and so on.

In short, "realistic" sound mods based on video/audio samples will rarely be realistic at all, given their inability to properly simulate sound dynamics. They will work for some users and will not for others.

In any case though, the effort to improve is appreciated.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Realistic or not (I believe ED's default are) but if somebody likes more louder, expressive sounds why not. We have same situation in LO. Everything is for people ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I wait for some recordings from colleague of mine which may confirm initial rumors that Creative ALchemy does make a difference and may be a solution for too low rattle sound volume. It may take from few hours up to a week so someone be a sweatheart and make the test before he does ;)

Also check this out http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34412

I also ordered some portions of FPS data so I will be able to use my analitical skills :glare: :joystick:

I`m sorry, I seemed to have missed something....but, what new Mi-8MT model?

I guess someone hopes for a new Mi-8 model which replace the current model probably taken from Flanker 2 :P The probability is high IMO :)

They sound awsome.

Would be grat to get a link to those.

SD

Hi guys, I'm the original poster of that video. never thought someone

around here would get excited about my video :megalol:

FYI : I didnt use any "special" sound here, it's HUAF-074 + Creative Alchemy and X-Fi xtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro. I stopped using his sound later because it sounds weird when lagging during online playing.

and again, nice find. :thumbup:

OK gents, here's my contribution to the rotor sound...I'm not presenting it as realistic, just different...

I used the original RotorKa50Dyn.wav and produced 2 different alternatives. The first is the original sound, but at a higher volume, and with a deeper tone.(more bass) Check video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oConqdnT52o

The second RotorKa50Dyn I created uses the original wav as well, but I overlapped 2 copies of the wav, producing more of a 'dual rotor' sound IMO. I also bumped up the volume, and added a little deeper tone for this one. vid here:

Try them out, I could alter these again to adjust volume...

Use ALchemy + CMSS ! (an option in Creative Console) - the difference is there! Even more distinctive rattle sound with more powerful base. I won't get the recordings this time though... I guess I tried the bloke's patience ;)

Any suggestions for people who are not running Creative hardware? Is there a way to get ALchemy to run on a system without buying a Creative soundcard? Do you have any Links that would be of assistance...??

Bah, answered my own question, my MoBo uses an integrated realtek...

got to d'load the realtek fix.

Edited by crazysundog

Any suggestions for people who are not running Creative hardware?

Popularize and demand native OpenAL support in your favourite upcoming games. Don't get Vista get ya pista! :D

Is there a way to get ALchemy to run on a system without buying a Creative soundcard?

NO. (info for newcomers)

Heh, I must have been dropped on my head as a child...

I had assumed (and you know what that spells) that my MoBo drivers had an audio driver of some sort, but apparently that is not the case.

Hadn't started messing around with audio until today; up till now its been all about the gfx!!

Heh, I must have been dropped on my head as a child...

It happens. I could drop a few names...:music_whistling: :D

I had assumed (and you know what that spells) that my MoBo drivers had an audio driver of some sort, but apparently that is not the case.

I don't get it. If your MoBo "has realtec audio" then check the model and its features on the official site. For example I once had a MoBo with ALC880 crap. All in all it has EAX 2.0 so you get the Realtek SoundBack or what's its name and test it.

Guess I was wrong, it did have a realtek driver, just not the realtek HD audio manager, dont know how much good that is anyway... after all, I can't have the sound on the speakers anymore (new baby), maybe I should be investing in better headset??

However, I did get the 3D Soundback prog working, and the effects are much better... explosions are hella loud now!!

I still like my "Dual Rotor" sound mod better than the stock sound tho, and I'm thinking of tuning the cannon sound to be a bit louder.

All in another day, (or weekend) I've got to get up for work tomorrow...

EDIT Ever since I did the 3D soundback install, I have NO cannon sound...? I think i may have err'd here,

any thoughts??

Edited by crazysundog

• 1 month later...

hi!

if i copied your soundmod in the blackshark/sounds/effects directory the game wont start anymore and i get a error message "dcs.exe"

am i the only one with this problem?

i tried to install it manually and with modman.

sry, for my bad english