Authorization failed - all modules unavailable?

Lixma 06

2022-01-27 11_54_24-Authorization failed.png

It's not only these modules unavailable.

Module manager says all modules installed but they're not available in-game.

manager.jpg

I moved my installation to a new SSD a couple of days ago - might that be the issue? Up till the patch everything seemed OK. I noticed the terrain modules I installed after the migration are available to use, while everything else is locked.

Is there a way to re-activate everything or is a full re-install needed?

Edited by Lixma 06

Check your PC clock. If this is not correct, authorization may fail.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

OK, I deleted all the modules then let the moodule-manager re-install them - seems to be fine now.

The TF-51 needed a repair thingy but fingers crossed everything is back to normal.

Note to self - migrating DCS to another drive isn't as painless as just copy 'n' paste.

2 hours ago, Kiwi_Viper said:

same here clock is fine

A date/time mismatch is the most common cause for this issue, check again … not only the date/time has to be correct, also the Windows time zone must be correct. If all these are in fact correct, then attach your dcs.log to gather more clues.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

A mismatch of the system time will give an error 500.

On 1/27/2022 at 3:12 PM, Lixma 06 said:

I moved my installation to a new SSD a couple of days ago

But your antivirus may not know about the new location for the DCS folder and block the necessary files.

• Like 1

only way i could fix it was reinstall DCS, did stable version, it copied all the modules to it, then installed open beta again and it copied them.very wierd but its perfect again now, i think my ssd had a brain fade i formatted it and started again and that fixed that bit so all good again.

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

• ED Team

Try temporarily disabling your antivirus programs.If the error happens again, you can run the Windows in safe mode (with support for network drivers, a wired connection to the router is required) and check the operation of the DCS. If the authorization problem is solved, you need to find a program that blocks the game files.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:59 PM, maximov said:

A mismatch of the system time will give an error 500.

But your antivirus may not know about the new location for the DCS folder and block the necessary files.

I don't think it was the anti-virus because DCS was running perfectly fine for the few days after I migrated to new SSD before the patch.

After the patch the only modules I could use were those I installed specifically in DCS's new home on the new SSD.

Edited by Lixma 06

19 hours ago, maximov said:

Try temporarily disabling your antivirus programs.If the error happens again, you can run the Windows in safe mode (with support for network drivers, a wired connection to the router is required) and check the operation of the DCS. If the authorization problem is solved, you need to find a program that blocks the game files.

This has nothing to do with the AV. This is all on DCS. It worked prior to the update. After the update it doesn't. Don't try blaming this on something else.

Disabling the modules, then "installing" them via the module list works, but why it would be necessary is anyone's guess.

20 hours ago, SoW Reddog said:

I also have this issue after yesterday's update. Tells me that my modules aren't authorized, and then shows they're installed and correct... Date and Time is correct.

Did you move your game files recently, like the OP did?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

21 minutes ago, SoW Reddog said:

Recently as in 3 updates ago. And then reinstalled them all and reentered the keys. 

??  keys are no longer needed, you just login within the game and it will check your modules querying the ED store, just like Steam does. No need for serial numbers anymore 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

5 minutes ago, SoW Reddog said:

you know what I meant.

Not really, I was confused by what you wrote.