TWS manual target promotion not bugging a selected contact

Moonshine

When manually promoting a contact in TWS, bugging a contact manually doesn't work. TMS Up promotes the contact through its states:

TMS Up (on the contact with the radar cursor) first time -> Search Target to Tracked Target

TMS Up (on the contact with the radar cursor) second time -> Tracked Target to System Target

then the issue:

with TMS Up (on the contact with the radar cursor) again we should be able to "bug" the Target and get Launch and Steering information. yet that doesn't work. also not possible to get into an STT at all. the only thing that will bug a Target is TMS right, which promotes all Contacts to the next state.

TWS Target Promotion issue.trk

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

remove any unofficial mods if any, and run a repair or verify if steam. 

then retry, if you still have problems please let us know

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

so after reinstalling the module and testing again i found the following:

the issue seems to only occur the very first time when trying to bug a contact. if the contact has been bugged using TMS right, then degrading it to a System track again and afterwards promoting it with TMS Up will work. but trying to promote a target manually with TMS up repeatedly from the moment it appears as a brick on the radar, bugging it wont work and the contact disappears completely from the radar until TMS aft is pressed again. see trackfile attached

Edit: Issue persists after clean-up and repair, see Test3 attachment 

TWS Target Promotion issue_Test2.trk

TWS Target Promotion issue_Test3.trk

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 4

• ED Team

We will keep an eye on this, but QA have also checked and was not able to reproduce. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have reproduced but it only seems to happen sometimes for me, the team will take a closer look. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3