Cowboy's Magic Collection (AI only AEW&C and ISR mods)

prccowboy,

Thanks for the excellent P-8 model and attention to detail.  Very nice addition to DCS.

Loaded her up with 5 torpedoes and took it out for a flight against an anchored tanker off the coast.  The crew on that tanker must have been panic stricken to see an airplane that large barreling down on them at 250 kts and only 150 feet above the water.  I am sure the two torpedoes dropped 800 feet from them didn't help their anxiety level either.   First two torpedoes exploded on impact with the water.  A second pass took out the tanker with an additional two torpedoes.  Loads of fun.  Thanks for all your work.

Just downloaded your latest updated file.  Much appreciated.

RustyGunner

Pic_1.jpg

Pic_2.jpg

Pic_3.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 4/2/2022 at 6:50 PM, G.J.S said:

The P-8 sure looks good sub-hunting!

On 4/3/2022 at 2:59 AM, sushy73 said:

Thank you very much prccowboy!!

On 4/3/2022 at 3:19 AM, FoxHoundELite said:

really appreciate the mod ❤️

On 4/3/2022 at 5:09 AM, Arrow11 said:

Waiting eagerly to play some scenarios when I get back.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, toan said:

Below, a Poseidon flying past the Sushy Mod "Le Redoutable" SSBN (S611 decommisioned). Thanks Sushy and prccowboy ! 😀

20 hours ago, RustyGunner said:

Loaded her up with 5 torpedoes and took it out for a flight against an anchored tanker off the coast.  The crew on that tanker must have been panic stricken to see an airplane that large barreling down on them at 250 kts and only 150 feet above the water.  I am sure the two torpedoes dropped 800 feet from them didn't help their anxiety level either.   First two torpedoes exploded on impact with the water.  A second pass took out the tanker with an additional two torpedoes.  Loads of fun.  Thanks for all your work.

everyone is making such cool scenarios with the Poseidon!

y'all need to share some .miz files with me so I can fly with the P-8 in action (and not just my boring test & eval environment) 😀

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Unfortunately, CLP_P-8_Poseidon is not defined on RWR, as CLP_E7A was not defined before.

You did notice my comment that I was taking a break and I was releasing the P-8 in an unfinished "as-is" state, correct? 😁

Okay. Updated to v1.1.0408

Changelog:
- corrected RWR detection range by other aircraft
- corrected livery description for VP-5
- added VP-16 168429 livery
- minor detail changes to AN/APS-154 pod and liveries

Note: although the detection range is increased, the default behavior in ME is that the radar is only on during attack. Therefore, you may not detect it on RWR (if radar is off)

new livery and pod details:

Screen_220408_084236.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/1/2022 at 5:32 PM, Nightstorm said:

@prccowboy  I know that various other aircraft do show up on the RWR when using my RWR mod.  In the mission I was testing I have the Grinn F22, VSN F35, Su57, Su30, Su35 etc and they all show up according to the entries in the RWR table.

However, I didn't see any reading from E7A.  I too compared the lua for the E7 to that of the E3 and everything looked perfectly fine to me.  It's using the same RADAR as you stated.  I don't know why it's not showing up on RWR, however it does in fact still work as an AWACS.

@RaptorFighter Access to the database that controlled callsigns was lost when all of the database files were encrypted.  That's when we lost the extended call signs mod.  I've been asking for access to that back ever since by posting in the various threads about it, but all requests were ignored.

I love this sim.  And I'm really happy we have it, but sometimes I feel like a dog begging for table scraps from ED.  We only get what they decide to let us have.

*EDIT* Woops, that callsign comment was meant for @ultrablue2258 not @RaptorFighter .

But since I'm editing this anyway, in my opinion, if the aircraft is supposed to have an AESA radar that would be difficult to detect on RWR, what's the harm?  I mean it functions as an AWACS which was the intended goal.  You can still pick it up easily on FCR and down it if it's on the OPFOR.  And if its friendly, it does its job just fine and the fact that it doesn't show up on RWR just *might* be more realistic.  My opinion only.

AFAIK (I did fiddled with M-2000C RWR to fill blanks, but I got inspiration from US RWR), modules RWR should be updated with the new unit ID and threat code.

This isn't in the AI mod side, it's on users aircraft modules.

But it should displayed at least as U for unknown.

• Like 2

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

3 hours ago, jojo said:

AFAIK (I did fiddled with M-2000C RWR to fill blanks, but I got inspiration from US RWR), modules RWR should be updated with the new unit ID and threat code.

This isn't in the AI mod side, it's on users aircraft modules.

But it should displayed at least as U for unknown.

user mods are (obviously) not included in the DCS RWR database; therefore ALL new user mods aircraft will show as Unknown type in your RWR. Additionally, the initial releases of both the E-7a and P-8 had a bug that reduced detection range so that in many cases the aircraft would not be detected by RWR. I have fixed the detection range issue in both; however if you want to see them displayed in your RWR as something other than Unknown type, you will need to modify the core DCS program (not user mods) with something like @Nightstorm's DCS RWR Symbology mod which replaces the standard DCS database with a modified one that includes community modded aircraft. if you ask him real nice, maybe he will update his mod to include my P-8 (E-7a is already in his 2022-03-02 update) 😀

note: remember, you will only detect the aircraft on RWR *if* it is emitting. YOUR mission will determine the P-8 radar use behavior and when it is emitting. this is controlled in Advanced Waypoint Actions => Actions => Radar Using. see screenshot.

Screen_220411_070038.jpg

Edited by prccowboy
added waypoint actions screenshot
  • Like 3

@prccowboy Thank you for the reminder!  And for the new toys 😉

Updated database for the P8 as well as the aircraft in the Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod.

RWR database:  DCS RWR Symbology (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Mission Aircraft (not my mod):  Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V1.0 (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Yigit12345.. said:

Hello, first of all, the mod is very nice, thank you, but we have a problem, when we add this mod to the multiplayer, both the coating does not appear and the plane is dragging on the ground, is it possible to help about it?

need to understand your problem more, but first: do you have the mod installed on the MP server (and all the clients)? like all user mods, it will not work correctly if the server and clients aren't all running the same mod (and/or liveries)

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, toan said:

I love that swinging FLIR Pod under the P-8 fuselage !

I must have missed your comment before. I was wondering if anyone was going say anything about the MX-20 EO behavior on the P-8 (I figured people would either enjoy it or hate it).

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1

Hi prccowboy, Well, I must say that I use your excellent UH-60 Mod ever since it was released, and that your P-8 is amazing 👏 the details on the IR-EO pod are really stunning ! 😀 watching it rotating periodially in all directions and retract for landing, with excellent extended flaps details as well, by the way,  adds a superb touch of realism to the Mod, and to DCS, indeed 😃 this is an artist's work, really ! 😉 Many thanks prccowboy for sharing your hard work ! 😃

Edited by toan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How can we get the p8 to employ torpedoes.. can someone share a miz file, I have seen members post above with screenshots. However, I'm unable to get them to fire torpedoes though I'm able to see and select torpedoes in loadout in mission editor. I don't have the ww2 pack, so not sure if that's needed for the torpedoes to work.

10 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

How can we get the p8 to employ torpedoes.. can someone share a miz file, I have seen members post above with screenshots. However, I'm unable to get them to fire torpedoes though I'm able to see and select torpedoes in loadout in mission editor. I don't have the ww2 pack, so not sure if that's needed for the torpedoes to work.

The LTF-5B (temporary torpedo placeholder loadout) should be in DCS core. Although they are WWII era weapons, I do not believe you need DCS: World War II Assets Pack for them to work with the P-8. I do have the ww2 pack, but I just ran a test with it disabled, created a new miz and the P-8 deployed torpedoes with no problems. Contact me by PM and we'll see if we can figure out why you can't get them to deploy.

note: I only disabled ww2 pack when I tested (not a full uninstall)

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 2

If anyone else would like to have open bomb bay doors....

Add this lines to the description.lua of a livery at the end of it...

custom_args =
 {
    [26] = 1.0, -- bomb bay open 0.0 closed                   
}

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

2 hours ago, Neo47 said:

If anyone else would like to have open bomb bay doors....

Add this lines to the description.lua of a livery at the end of it...

custom_args =
 {
    [26] = 1.0, -- bomb bay open 0.0 closed                   
}

That approach will only work on static objects (ie. you have a parked "prop"). Otherwise, the AI "pilot" will automatically close them and the doors will only open during weapon drop.

However, if there is community interest in having them re-open when the plane parks; I could probably write a replacement file to do that.

• Like 1

I know so i missed to write that it only applies to static... Shame on me 😇🙂

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --