Do a DCS tank

VTJS17_Fire

Ok,

we already have multi-crew, we have datalink for years, we have high detailed ground objects, collision modell for trees and ED optimized their development process for new products to that time, 10 years ago.

So please, do a full fidelity DCS tank. If think it's unimportant, wether it is an Abrams, a Leopard or any other tank. You have all the tools to do it and I would wonder, if there's not enough information about any of the modern tanks. Or a Shilka.

:cheer3nc:

• Like 6

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That would be......INTERESTING... but think they really need to rework the entire world at ground level for that to work. Not sure if youve spent much time at ground level, but it aint pretty...and some of its a lot of wishful thinking especially when tanks and stuff float over rivers without bridges sometimes.  Will admit though, I absolutely love this idea.

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 3

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I bought Combined Arms at day one and yes, there are flaws but I fly DCS/Lock On since 2007 and there where bugs for the aircraft all the years. We waited all that time, to get these awesome clouds last year but the way was the same: ED startet with the airplanes (and helicopters), not with the perfect enviroment for these assets.

• Like 2

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, VTJS17_Fire said:

I bought Combined Arms at day one and yes, there are flaws

Perhaps. In May it's been 10 years since release, and a Leo II still gets stopped dead in its tracks by a two inch thin birch tree and it still can race downhill at 270 km/h, outpacing terminal velocity. Those aren't flaws, they are show-stops - in a shipping product. There has been no tangible progress for a decade. While I agree that a well-made single-module Tank or Ship (heck, even train) is interesting (I'd buy anything from ED), they really have their work cut out (and that means immense work: re-writing the physics engine for land vehicles isn't trivial - as it's all too obvious when we look at vehicles now. Don't get me started on ships). Since this is a wish-list, yeah, I too wish for it. But please not in a CA-level 'quality'. Heck, even the Hawk (which I own) had better physics, and ED did the right thing and pulled that one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, VTJS17_Fire said:

Ok,

we already have multi-crew, we have datalink for years, we have high detailed ground objects, collision modell for trees and ED optimized their development process for new products to that time, 10 years ago.

So please, do a full fidelity DCS tank. If think it's unimportant, wether it is an Abrams, a Leopard or any other tank. You have all the tools to do it and I would wonder, if there's not enough information about any of the modern tanks. Or a Shilka.

:cheer3nc:

Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cfrag said:

Perhaps. In May it's been 10 years since release, and a Leo II still gets stopped dead in its tracks by a two inch thin birch tree and it still can race downhill at 270 km/h, outpacing terminal velocity. Those aren't flaws, they are show-stops - in a shipping product. There has been no tangible progress for a decade. While I agree that a well-made single-module Tank or Ship (heck, even train) is interesting (I'd buy anything from ED), they really have their work cut out (and that means immense work: re-writing the physics engine for land vehicles isn't trivial - as it's all too obvious when we look at vehicles now. Don't get me started on ships). Since this is a wish-list, yeah, I too wish for it. But please not in a CA-level 'quality'. Heck, even the Hawk (which I own) had better physics, and ED did the right thing and pulled that one. 

I completely get everything you said.

Maybe its because I haven't been here long enough, but thought the WWII assets pack had some improved vehicle model additions in the last couple of years? And it seems to me that some of the graphic/sound effects have also seen improvements, as well as some path-finding issues and the ability to drive up a hill. We also got leopard variants and a whole slew of other ground vehicles. One of the touches that I really like is the sound of the Leopard and Abrams tanks. I think they captured it really well. My hope is that we at least start to see more frequent updates/fixes/additions to ground units/Ai infantry.

I know your point was more about the actual physics model which is the most important part, and your right, a complete overhaul would be no small task, but making bite sized improvements would be better than no improvement at all. 

Edited by Callsign112
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, jackmckay said:

this is what i would like to see in DCS +internal environment

I don't know how big the team is at ED, but I really think they need to consider expanding it if the hope is that we would ever see something like this in the near future. But yeah sign me up!

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

4 hours ago, Poncho_Longshanks said:

I keep saying it, Eagle Dynamics and Bohemia Interactive need to get together and have a love child... This would be excellent. Also horrifying in many ways. But mostly beautiful. /Rant

I'd love that team up.   

On the subject of tank modules, I would like to have some multi vehicle packs. 

• Like 1