OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

OOf ...

i followed the instructions up to the OXRTK install - did a manual install of opencomposite dll into my dcs bin.  tried to launch DCS and it launches to my monitor with the VR hangar.  what went wrong?  I really dont want to have to read all 92 pages 😞

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Did you delete the d3dfile?  you say a manual install...  I'm pretty sure that's not needed any more?  

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

17 часов назад, M1Combat сказал:

Did you delete the d3dfile?  you say a manual install...  I'm pretty sure that's not needed any more?  

Was needed in my case, and also for several other people on a Russian forum. We are normally running tons of mods with OvGME anyway, so one extra for OC dll doesn't hurt and gives more control. Also, one can take d3dcompiler_47.dll from Windows\System32 and add it into this mod, so they don't need to delete the old one manually after each DCS update. 

Edited by Fiztex

Is it totally necessary to have Skatezilla when going OpenXR route? 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Thank you !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Likewise, I've never used the launcher.  I just use the batch files from the FAQ on the ED website for cleaning/repairing/updating 🙂

• Thanks 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Okay so when you delete the D3DCompliler_47.dll does this effect any steamvr use just in case I would like to switch back to SVR. 

Start Date April 2020 

3 minutes ago, Burt said:

Okay so when you delete the D3DCompliler_47.dll does this effect any steamvr use just in case I would like to switch back to SVR. 

As long as you only delete the one in the DCS World\bin folder it will not affect anything else as no other applications know to look for it there.

• Thanks 1

Just now, slughead said:

As long as you only delete the one in the DCS World\bin folder it will not affect anything else as no other applications know to look for it there.

Awesome thank you ! 

Start Date April 2020 

I got everything running as per guide. I guess now I need alittle tuning in the smoothing dept. I noticed my fps is kinda all over the place from 56 and jumping upwards to 80’s. I was running SVR locked at 45fps and was pretty smooth, any tips how to get my smoothness back. 

Start Date April 2020 

30 minutes ago, Burt said:

I got everything running as per guide. I guess now I need alittle tuning in the smoothing dept. I noticed my fps is kinda all over the place from 56 and jumping upwards to 80’s. I was running SVR locked at 45fps and was pretty smooth, any tips how to get my smoothness back. 

Worry less about high fps or its variability. The beauty of openxr is its variable reprojection rate. If you unlock the reprojection rate, your flying experience will be smooth all the way down to 22fps. You unlock it in the in-game toolkit menu for openxr.

Edited by slughead
  • Thanks 1

gotcha going there now , Thanks !

Start Date April 2020 

Sorry but in the oxrtk under performance is it normal to see only 4 options? I can’t seem to see the unlock repo option.

Start Date April 2020 

1 hour ago, Burt said:

Sorry but in the oxrtk under performance is it normal to see only 4 options? I can’t seem to see the unlock repo option.

There is only the performance overlay options, upscaling and FFR on the performance tab, reprojection and resolution overrides are on the system tab 🙂

The reprojection unlock option won't become available until reprojection is turned on; unlocked is default setting and should be left as such really.

Edited by edmuss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Ah great ! Thanks edmuss ! I got everything running just trying to get alittle jitters out other then that it’s great ! I’ll be going through your guide here shortly.

Edited by Burt
  • Like 1

Start Date April 2020 

Thanks for all the guide Nikoel!

Happy flying!

ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING | CORE I7 6700K 4.2GHZ | 32GB DDR4 2400MHZ | GEFORCE GTX980Ti 6GB | SAMSUNG 950 Pro M.2 512 GB + MICRON M600 1TB SSD + WD 3TB HD | WIN 10 64BIT

No mouse in VR menu. 

Hi guys Im a new G2 owner and i've been trying to follow this forum to a T. but for what ever reason I cant get the mouse to pop up in the VR menu. if the control even shows up, I cant select anything (just point) I'm so frustrated and I just dont know what to do anymore. for some reason I can play MSFS2020 no problem but DCS is my main game. would anyone be able to help out? 

attempted solutions 

Moved task bars to vertical (R),\

removed all the files as instructed in the Nikoel's instructions. 

done a full (total) repair that took almost an hour 

restarted multipule times

checked to have mouse in menu for both VR and normal in settings tab in menu when headset is unplugged. 

really im lost, and so confused. 

thanks for any decent help 

SAL

20 minutes ago, SL8408 said:

No mouse in VR menu. 

Hi guys Im a new G2 owner and i've been trying to follow this forum to a T. but for what ever reason I cant get the mouse to pop up in the VR menu. if the control even shows up, I cant select anything (just point) I'm so frustrated and I just dont know what to do anymore. for some reason I can play MSFS2020 no problem but DCS is my main game. would anyone be able to help out? 

attempted solutions 

Moved task bars to vertical (R),\

removed all the files as instructed in the Nikoel's instructions. 

done a full (total) repair that took almost an hour 

restarted multipule times

checked to have mouse in menu for both VR and normal in settings tab in menu when headset is unplugged. 

really im lost, and so confused. 

thanks for any decent help 

SAL

You're able to use a mouse in that menu? Ive always had to use key commands. Are you saying you cant use the mouse to click ANYTHING in DCS?

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

You mean in the OpenXR toolkit menu?

I don't think it works there...  You just need the keys.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

If you can't use the mouse at the DCS opening menu, make sure to not have any other window up while starting DCS... the other window will end up behind the DCS start logo and rob focus of the mouse.

ALt+Tab or Alt+ Enter can sometimes cause any other minimized window to pop up.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Hey Guys, 

yeah exactly. so ive tried all the Alt+tab Alt+ win+y. 

the mouse if it does anything gets stuck on the top of my center monitor and looks like its stuck there. 

it works for other sims msfs2020 etc no issue. but for what ever reason DCS menu wont recognize or see a mouse. its super frustrating 

3 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

You're able to use a mouse in that menu? Ive always had to use key commands. Are you saying you cant use the mouse to click ANYTHING in DCS?

when I borrowed my buddies Q2 thats what I did no issues, visuals were junk but yeah i had a cursor and could select like in 2d mode. what hot keys are you using in the menu to select things e.g. instant action, missions etc etc? 

50 minutes ago, Sr. said:

If you can't use the mouse at the DCS opening menu, make sure to not have any other window up while starting DCS... the other window will end up behind the DCS start logo and rob focus of the mouse.

ALt+Tab or Alt+ Enter can sometimes cause any other minimized window to pop up.

what extra window would you be talking about? Sorry if these are dumb questions

-SAL

22 minutes ago, SL8408 said:

Hey Guys, 

yeah exactly. so ive tried all the Alt+tab Alt+ win+y. 

the mouse if it does anything gets stuck on the top of my center monitor and looks like its stuck there. 

it works for other sims msfs2020 etc no issue. but for what ever reason DCS menu wont recognize or see a mouse. its super frustrating 

when I borrowed my buddies Q2 thats what I did no issues, visuals were junk but yeah i had a cursor and could select like in 2d mode. what hot keys are you using in the menu to select things e.g. instant action, missions etc etc? 

what extra window would you be talking about? Sorry if these are dumb questions

-SAL

Anything else that might be running, mod manager, GPU control panel, Spotify...

Also try this... When you've launched DCS and the start screen appears, assuming the mouse is still operable at that point, click on the DCs screen before it flips to VR mirror mode.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

31 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Anything else that might be running, mod manager, GPU control panel, Spotify...

Also try this... When you've launched DCS and the start screen appears, assuming the mouse is still operable at that point, click on the DCs screen before it flips to VR mirror mode.

Yeah ran through it... clicked on the DCS banner when it pops up, but before the menu can start up Steam Vr kicks on. If I click the DCS icon in the task bar once the game is running it seems to lock the mouse to the top of the desktop. is there like some sort of hot key or something? Id be happy to do a zoom with ya and demo whats going on if you like? 

1 hour ago, SL8408 said:

Yeah ran through it... clicked on the DCS banner when it pops up, but before the menu can start up Steam Vr kicks on. If I click the DCS icon in the task bar once the game is running it seems to lock the mouse to the top of the desktop. is there like some sort of hot key or something? Id be happy to do a zoom with ya and demo whats going on if you like? 

You need to run WMR, go to the settings page and uncheck this...

Also make sure DCS is set to use OpenComposite

Screenshot 2022-07-09 011109.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-09 011407.jpg

--Arthur C Clark