OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

Yes, me too (6800XT). Have no solution yet.

• Thanks 1

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

9 hours ago, SL8408 said:

Yeah ran through it... clicked on the DCS banner when it pops up, but before the menu can start up Steam Vr kicks on. If I click the DCS icon in the task bar once the game is running it seems to lock the mouse to the top of the desktop. is there like some sort of hot key or something? Id be happy to do a zoom with ya and demo whats going on if you like? 

Not sure, but did you check to NOT have a multi monitor dot setup in windows. 

4 hours ago, horstweihrauch said:

Anyone with AMD graphic having awful flickering in VR with latest AMD drivers too? 6800xt 

😢

Yes... Rolled back.

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Has anyone else had the problem with WMR + G2 + Openxr, when I load DCS in Openxr it seems to load fine but I end up with no video just audio in my headset? The game is running on the monitor in vr but nothing on the G2 headset. Thank you

Edited by MStewart40

48 minutes ago, MStewart40 said:

Has anyone else had the problem with WMR + G2 + Openxr, when I load DCS in Openxr it seems to load fine but I end up with no video just audio in my headset? The game is running on the monitor in vr but nothing on the G2 headset. Thank you

AMD GPU?

If yes, roll back driver to 22.5.1

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

10 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Not sure, but did you check to NOT have a multi monitor dot setup in windows. 

dumb question, can you explain what a "dot setup" in windows is? this might be what im looking for 

18 hours ago, Sr. said:

You need to run WMR, go to the settings page and uncheck this...

Also make sure DCS is set to use OpenComposite

Screenshot 2022-07-09 011109.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-09 011407.jpg

okay I'll give this a shot and see how it goes, thanks for your help man 🙂

On 7/10/2022 at 2:44 AM, SL8408 said:

dumb question, can you explain what a "dot setup" in windows is? this might be what im looking for 

Sorry, my mobile seems to have a mind of its own. I was just referencing a multi monitor setup. For me, the Reverb inserted a multi monitor environment, which I had to do some magic to get rid of. Can't remember though what I did

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Sorry, my mobile seems to have a mind of its own. I was just referencing a multi monitor setup. For me, the Reverb inserted a multi monitor environment, which I had to do some magic to get rid of. Can't remember though what I did

Windows / Settings / Mixed Reality / Startup and Desktop / Virtual displays for apps-> uncheck  the box to create virtual displays.

Screenshot 2022-07-11 082713.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

--Arthur C Clark

Hello everybody and many thanks to nikoel for his job.

This is my first try: I cannot go further point (4) because when OpenComposite.exe looks for updates and/or .dll to download I get a "404" error (files not found).

Actually the link for OpenComposite at point (3) doesn't work either, but I found in this thread a link posted by Hammer1-1 (thanks)

Is there anyone who can help or post the dll and latest version, please?

Thanks

Well sometimes if it works, dont mess with it. Youll have just as much benefit using the earlier version than you would actually updating AFAIK unless if you run some sort of enhancement tools? Not 100% sure...

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I think the new versions are better.  I'd wait.  I suspect it's probably a temporary issue with something in the chain being down.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

1 hour ago, M1Combat said:

I think the new versions are better.  I'd wait.  I suspect it's probably a temporary issue with something in the chain being down.

I mean is it though? When I tried updating from OpenXR to OpenComposite, 1/4 of the time it actually worked for me, and even then the performance to frustration ratio was enormously skewed to the frustration side. Couldnt really tell much of a difference between the two when it actually did work.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

On 7/9/2022 at 1:44 PM, MStewart40 said:

Are you running OpenXR Toolkit and OpenComposite? This will happen if you didn't do the install for DCS without doing the  OpenComposite Notes. On the Down Load Screen

Just under the list of Games that it will run. DCS is one of them.

* These games use an old version of D3DCompiler_47.dll that is incompatible with some OpenXR Runtimes. If you experience an error with OpenComposite resulting in a -2 error code then find the D3DCompiler_47.dll in the game install dir and rename to D3DCompiler_47.dll_orig. This will then use the one from your system path that should be the latest version if your system is up to date.

So if you Are running OpenComposite and you have a Black Screen in the VR headset with sound and a VR Monitor Screen of the game running. Do the above after shutting all the programs down and turning off your headset.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DishDoggie said:

Are you running OpenXR Toolkit and OpenComposite? This will happen if you didn't do the install for DCS without doing the  OpenComposite Notes. On the Down Load Screen

Just under the list of Games that it will run. DCS is one of them.

* These games use an old version of D3DCompiler_47.dll that is incompatible with some OpenXR Runtimes. If you experience an error with OpenComposite resulting in a -2 error code then find the D3DCompiler_47.dll in the game install dir and rename to D3DCompiler_47.dll_orig. This will then use the one from your system path that should be the latest version if your system is up to date.

So if you Are running OpenComposite and you have a Black Screen in the VR headset with sound and a VR Monitor Screen of the game running. Do the above after shutting all the programs down and turning off your headset.

I am so confused the original instruction say to delete D3DCompiler_47.dll, and now we are to rename it ?  i have the same problem as MStewart40 (Has anyone else had the problem with WMR + G2 + Openxr, when I load DCS in Openxr it seems to load fine but I end up with no video just audio in my headset? The game is running on the monitor in vr but nothing on the G2 headset. Thank you) Why doesn't DCS get with the world and incorporate the VR into their sim ? At 83  i am fed up with having to DELETE , RENAME, DOWNLOAD, ETC ETC. I guess you can tell i am totally frustrated 

20 minutes ago, Rhino1938 said:

PD ? Pupillary Distance ?  Pixel Density ? Where do you set this to 1

In th VR tab in DCS settings.

My wallpaper and skins

Hello,

I have everything installed and running, with no errors.

Just one issue. Previously, with Steam VR, I would start up DCS and Win Mixed Reality would start along with Steam VM, the glasses would turn on - and eventually DCS would fill the glasses and run. But now, after everything has been installed. When I start DCS, Windows Mixed Reality starts, I'm on top of the roof over looking the city and I see a floating desktop.

On the floating desktop is where DCS now runs... I don't get a full screen experience of DSC. It's on the virtual desktop, on the roof.

One other thing I've noticed, is that my Windows Mixed Reality setup/config screens don't look anything like what I have. Mine is a windows dialog (like) page that comes up with just a few generic settings. It's like you are showing a newer version than I have. How can I tell what version I am running?

Thank you for your time and help

john-

11 hours ago, Rhino1938 said:

PD ? Pupillary Distance ?  Pixel Density ? Where do you set this to 1

Pixel Density

Go into DCS. From the main menu enter the settings screen. It's inside the far right tab

I will change the instructions when I get a second to make this more obvious