The F-35 Thread

Groove

What version of the F35 are they buying?

F-35A

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

You forgot the link that goes along with that:

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=23762

First F-35B Fighters Delivered to Eglin Air Force Base

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

U.S. Navy and U.K. Royal Navy F-35 unable to get aboard ship

http://www.f-16.net/news_article4494.html

Is this story real?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Yes...it's real hajuk. All that money spent so far ad they have a few choices A) new design B) no F-35C aka carrier versions C) ???

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Its real and as usual also blown out of proportion. If their hook redesign fails, then it will be really serious, probably.

U.S. Navy and U.K. Royal Navy F-35 unable to get aboard ship

http://www.f-16.net/news_article4494.html

Is this story real?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If the report is real it should be available to the public on a .mil or .gov site, anyone has a link?

Edit;

So far i have not found said report, I did find this

Similar F-35C technical issues being discovered in test have been proactively addressed and are being resolved concurrent with flight test.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=62d62c23-b723-40c3-ad33-dcd768f00fba

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operating System : Windows 7 64 bit | CPU: AMD phenom X4 940 3.1Ghz | Ram: 8GB | Graphics Card: Ati 5770 v2 | Monitor: 22" Vestel | Joystick : X52 pro & Saitek Rudder pedal & Trackir 4 pro with TrackClip Pro

for now yes just two :) because turkiye planing own war airplane and this project will need more money turkish goverment restrict of budget of f35s (so f35 more expensive of planed price )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Operating System : Windows 7 64 bit | CPU: AMD phenom X4 940 3.1Ghz | Ram: 8GB | Graphics Card: Ati 5770 v2 | Monitor: 22" Vestel | Joystick : X52 pro & Saitek Rudder pedal & Trackir 4 pro with TrackClip Pro

for now yes just two :) because turkiye planing own war airplane and this project will need more money turkish goverment restrict of budget of f35s (so f35 more expensive of planed price )

IMO F-35s are way overpriced and will not be able to accomplish the mission(s) it is going to replace. And it's not just the cost of the ACFT but maintenance costs, they project them to be lower but they'll end up being higher just like the F-22.

PS...the maintenance cost comes straight from fellow crew chiefs who have worked the F-22 and currently working the F-35...

• Like 1

"Turkiye" is Turkey in English, please use the English names of countries when posting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Turkiye" is Turkey in English, please use the English names of countries when posting.

I dont care you or another people how say but all turks say "TURKIYE" u must learn this.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does it really matter how he writes Turkey. I can't spell most of the time, does that mean I or anyone else the has spelling error should not post? Come on guys?! Really?!

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

IMO F-35s are way overpriced and will not be able to accomplish the mission(s) it is going to replace. And it's not just the cost of the ACFT but maintenance costs, they project them to be lower but they'll end up being higher just like the F-22.

PS...the maintenance cost comes straight from fellow crew chiefs who have worked the F-22 and currently working the F-35...

what a waste of tax payers money then, high running costs?, country is struggling to get back on its feet , cant afford this . trying not to get to political of a debate, but its sad but true.

america is broke just cant afford these weapon platforms. some would just look at it as stupid spending , think if ron paul gets in he going to address all this insane spending on military cut way back.

Edited by diveplane

I dont care you or another people how say but all turks say "TURKIYE" u must learn this.

I don't care how all the turks say it, you post in an English forum not in a Turkish one. I'll just give you an example, Georgia is a country that most of us have heard of yet Georgians call their country Sakartvelo. Sounds familiar? I guess no. I don't have to learn how the people of each country around the world call their countries, I'm posting in an English forum. Even if you write it with font size "10" all caps, it will still be Turkey in English. Another thing to add is that acting that tough on me telling me what I "must" and "must not" do, doesn't have any effect on me, instead you can read Forum rule 5.2, which states what are the languages used for communication on the forums and while you are at it, check out 1.2 too as judging from your post you haven't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't care how all the turks say it, you post in an English forum not in a Turkish one. I'll just give you an example, Georgia is a country that most of us have heard of yet Georgians call their country Sakartvelo. Sounds familiar? I guess no. I don't have to learn how the people of each country around the world call their countries, I'm posting in an English forum. Even if you write it with font size "10" all caps, it will still be Turkey in English. Another thing to add is that acting that tough on me telling me what I "must" and "must not" do, doesn't have any effect on me, instead you can read Forum rule 5.2, which states what are the languages used for communication on the forums and while you are at it, check out 1.2 too as judging from your post you haven't.

When he says "Turkiye", what do you understands? Does really matter if it is TUrkey or Turkiye?

Come on man, relax, this is just a forum for info sharing and mostly entertainment and we are not posting for a legal institution with strict legal codes and writing.

Dont be too judgemental.. Just relax and enjoy...

what a waste of tax payers money then, high running costs?, country is struggling to get back on its feet , cant afford this . trying not to get to political of a debate, but its sad but true.

america is broke just cant afford these weapon platforms. some would just look at it as stupid spending , think if ron paul gets in he going to address all this insane spending on military cut way back.

Yes we can...do you realize that it costs more to keep an airframe current than it does to build a new aircraft? Give you an example: Boeings 747-800 has well over 500 miles of cables, wire, and electronics equipment that literally would cost more to replace than it would just to build a new aircraft...because in order to replace ALL of that copper, you have to dismantle the entire aircraft and then rebuild it. And while you are at it, you might as well do some NDI on the fuselage, ribs, skin panels, etc....

A nice, new, shiny 60 million dollar plane is a discount, when you compare it to the 75 million you spend on an F-15E refurb.

Don't take yourself too seriously and leave moderating to moderators.