[DONE] Any updates coming for the JF-17 in 2022?

WRCRob

4 minutes ago, sorcer3r said:

Nice.

In my opinion the community would also like to test a chinese HMD 😉

hahahaha. there is for dev test purpose but disabled. we are still trying to find more hmd info, like how it displays, but so far unfortunately 😞

Just now, Falconeer said:

How do we use these LS6-100's? Do we drop them like regular GBU's? Or can we drop them like its bigger brother?

like regular GBU, once you hear beeeep, then you can drop, the indicator line also starts to change from dot line to solid line (similar to gbu54)

it's range is around 20km

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

16 minutes ago, uboats said:

like regular GBU, once you hear beeeep, then you can drop, the indicator line also starts to change from dot line to solid line (similar to gbu54)

Nice, thanks again 🙏

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

14 minutes ago, uboats said:

hahahaha. there is for dev test purpose but disabled. we are still trying to find more hmd info, like how it displays, but so far unfortunately 😞

I love the new weapons in the update, I have some questions though. For the LS6-100's I notice that they are only available for the outer wing pylons unlike the American GBU's, is this temporary or will we be able to mount them on all the same pylons in the future? Also I noticed that the LS6-100's can be released beyond 20km (at 25k ASL I was able to deploy them from about 12.5nm or 23km) however the laser miscalculates the time of impact and turns off too early (which can be fixed manually), is this the reason for the 20km range? For the LS6-250's I noticed that the station select button will not change which weapon is selected on the dual rack, is this a limitation of the dual racks? Finally I noticed that the LS6-250 seems to have the same flight model that the LS6-500 has, even though it is smaller, is this by design or just a place holder? Thank you and the rest of the team for the amazing work, these new air to ground weapons will really expand how we fly the JF-17.

13 minutes ago, Pede said:

I love the new weapons in the update, I have some questions though. For the LS6-100's I notice that they are only available for the outer wing pylons unlike the American GBU's, is this temporary or will we be able to mount them on all the same pylons in the future? Also I noticed that the LS6-100's can be released beyond 20km (at 25k ASL I was able to deploy them from about 12.5nm or 23km) however the laser miscalculates the time of impact and turns off too early (which can be fixed manually), is this the reason for the 20km range? For the LS6-250's I noticed that the station select button will not change which weapon is selected on the dual rack, is this a limitation of the dual racks? Finally I noticed that the LS6-250 seems to have the same flight model that the LS6-500 has, even though it is smaller, is this by design or just a place holder? Thank you and the rest of the team for the amazing work, these new air to ground weapons will really expand how we fly the JF-17.

1. light bomb at outer station for jf17

2. if you mean wmd7 laser, i will check it

3. ls6 250 is a smaller version of ls6 500, almost same kit, you can find photo online and compare.

Edited by uboats
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• uboats changed the title to [DONE] Any updates coming for the JF-17 in 2022?
20 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

What do the two audible tones indicate when approaching a lased target with the LS6-100. I have been releasing on the first tone which is normally 12nm out, but there is a second tone very shortly after

It's for the next bomb. It's letting you know you're still in range to drop. It also happens with the GBU's. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2022 at 11:33 AM, uboats said:

1. light bomb at outer station for jf17

2. if you mean wmd7 laser, i will check it

3. ls6 250 is a smaller version of ls6 500, almost same kit, you can find photo online and compare.

Has there been any information found on dual rack, triple ejector, or even multiple ejector type racks for the inner pylons?

Rumored block 3 cheek station for sensor pod would also be a god-send. To me personally, I would love to see the JF-17 try to represent the best of what it can do within the limits of documentation. With the new tools that ED has provided, if anyone wanted to limit the module to strict Block 1 or 2, then can allow/block whatever is needed.

A man can dream, right?

Great update and thank you! Keep up the good work!

Edited by PetRock
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PetRock said:

Has there been any information found on dual rack, triple ejector, or even multiple ejector type racks for the inner pylons?

Rumored block 3 cheek station for sensor pod would also be a god-send. To me personally, I would love to see the JF-17 try to represent the best of what it can do within the limits of documentation. With the new tools that ED has provided, if anyone wanted to limit the module to strict Block 1 or 2, then can allow/block whatever is needed.

A man can dream, right?

Great update and thank you! Keep up the good work!

I go on dusk rack or inner pylons? I haven’t seen anything, and Deka is probably the only people here with more info then you can find online. If you look at pictures, you won’t see many dual racks on inner pylons or triple racks 😉

Yes you can dream. But I think if you want the JF-17 with best performance that can be modeled with available information, then you’re looking at it in DCS. 

For example, there is no info on Block 2 KLJ-7v2 radar. Or it’s third radio. I haven’t seen anything about it’s OBOGS. Any structural changes when payload was increased. Information is stopping us from getting Pakistani weapons like REk glide bombs. Or CM-400AKG which if it could be modeled would probably be the most powerful thing in the game. 

We were very lucky I think to be able to get JF-17 block 1 with refueling probe when we did. I think it was a case of something that was only possible for this one soecific situation. 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 5/19/2022 at 7:24 AM, LastRifleRound said:

What about Designation updates for the INS? Currently only overfly is available.

+1, INS modelization is basic right now and INS fix implementation is incomplete. Also a proper manual would be welcome.

Any chances to get a realistic 'bitching betty' sound based on the real aircraft?

Edited by amalahama

3 часа назад, amalahama сказал:

Any chances to get a realistic 'bitching betty' sound based on the real aircraft?

You better make that optional because I like my JF-chan just the way she is! Especially after flying the Hornet, that hysterical bitch wants me to put my fist through the instrument panel whenever I need to pull out of a dive. I understand it's supposed to convey the need to pay attention, but that's a horrible way of doing it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, amalahama said:

+1, INS modelization is basic right now and INS fix implementation is incomplete. Also a proper manual would be welcome.

It’s in there In Special options! ENG 2 is the REAL TTS (text to speech) if the real aircraft. CH 2 is the real version that China uses. Pakistan uses the ENG 2 Voice 

2 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

You better make that optional because I like my JF-chan just the way she is! Especially after flying the Hornet, that hysterical bitch wants me to put my fist through the instrument panel whenever I need to pull out of a dive. I understand it's supposed to convey the need to pay attention, but that's a horrible way of doing it.

See above, we have 4 selectable Betty voices in options, only half of them is fictional the other half is real. 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Cheek mounted sensor pod station would be amazing to have just to free up the center line for a 800L tank. I have been enjoying the JF and appreciate that there have been additions to the aircraft. Does anyone know if the PAF uses Aim-9's or 120's from there F-16 fleet on the JF? 

3 hours ago, WRCRob said:

Cheek mounted sensor pod station would be amazing to have just to free up the center line for a 800L tank. I have been enjoying the JF and appreciate that there have been additions to the aircraft. Does anyone know if the PAF uses Aim-9's or 120's from there F-16 fleet on the JF? 

No. Those missiles are not compatible 

On 11/14/2022 at 11:45 AM, Iron Sights said:

@Dr_Pavelheer You are 100% right. My mistake, maybe a helmet mounted display and better fox 2,s? 

Not happening. No proof of either of those in operation JF-17 block 1-2. We don’t even have full block 2 becuase there isn’t any data on what the KLJ-7V2 improves on the previous radar. And there’s also a new third radio for dedicated datalink, OBOGS, and increased payload to 5000 kg along with more composite parts. But even that has exact same missiles as ours, PL-5Eii and SD-10A

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update, guys. Deka has finished the draft of Chinese version manual (still in revision) and English version in translation now. 1). The style of writing is similar to the quick guide and 2). HMD is marked as possibly coming in the future (to be cautious with language and expression tradition, I can't say "coming soon" but they suggested that we could expect it at some point.).

• Like 3

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 6 months later...