BlackShark necessary to run later DCS modules?

Squid

I don't know where you got the idea, because A-10 was always after the Ka-50.

If I may lend my unquestionable credibility (:D) to his post, I too remember reading that the Apache was supposed to be next. It was around the time those first screenshots surfaced of its cockpit. I held that assumption for a very long time until relatively recently when I found, to my delight, that the A-10 would be out before the Apache. Even more recently it seems that its been confirmed to be the A-10C.

Hopefully if you buy multiple modules they'll integrate into a single system with a single EXE - whatever modules you purchase should determine what you can fly single/multiplayer. Also any module can fly standalone if desired.

From ED previous posts, the stated line as far as I know is that as modules are upgraded, features needed to maintian compatability will be available to owners of previous modules.

No insider knowledge, but it seems to me that if you think about the way the current release is structured - as a block of loosely integrated modules - the most likely reason for this is so that modules can be distributed and integrated to allow a single executable incorporating whichever aircraft the user has purchased, ( Lock on as ED originally intended ? :-) and those parts that need to be updated to ensure compatability can be without the need to completely replace every part of the sim.

AlphaOneSix, I remember the video - but didn't he post on the forum a couple of days after that saying it was a slip of the tongue & that an A-10 variant would be next ?

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

All this is nonsense, Ka-50/A-10/, Bring the fast movers before bringing A-10, isn't the Ka-50/Apache slow enough :)

I would think there is more then 50% on this forums that fly fast movers.

Stop pretending being chopperheads and just scream out for two MP fast movers so we can have a go. So boring, no dynamic campaign, shooting at Ka-50s, I bet u all get tired off it when u know how Ka-50 works completely. Even whit Apache around the Multiplayer will not get better, dont see the point helicopters shooting each other down.

I would rather sit in a OSA-sam/Tungushka then in Apache or Ka-50, as boring.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

If each additional aicraft will take 6-9 months to be available to add as a module, I think that will take too long and will just drag on... not to mention the order of which which ones will come 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc..etc..

and if they each cost $50.00. well, hmmmmmm

:huh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

How many are flying Bombers on Muliplayer servers even when all missions have good targets to kill? I would say of 20 people 4 fly Su-25t/A-10, same will happen when fast movers will come around.

Off 50 people there will be 2xka-50/2xApache/2xA-10/2xSu-25 so the rest 42 people will fly fast movers.

I think ED is making wrong approach not whit release of models but the order.

I really hope they will realise the fast movers before some other sim making companies, that cold be expensive for them.

At same time they are making money on fast mover lovers, witch I think they would anyway if released in different order.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

• ED Team
If each additional aicraft will take 6-9 months to be available to add as a module, I think that will take too long and will just drag on... not to mention the order of which which ones will come 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc..etc..

and if they each cost $50.00. well, hmmmmmm

:huh:

Well, im sure they could release it WAY before that, though you'd be getting a Xbox 360 FM.. :)

Personally I would rather have the Apache before the A-10, but either of these two would be nice as the 1st add-on modules.

We always have lockon if we want to fly fast.

OT but Lock on is a bit too arcadish =)

I just start with Open Falcon 4 now till the first fast movers will hit in dcs.

(will be back for the apache tho :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

(and hopefully get reborn in DCS!)

(Dream came true about 10 years later, now the Apache please :lol:)

All this is nonsense, Ka-50/A-10/, Bring the fast movers before bringing A-10, isn't the Ka-50/Apache slow enough :)

Stop pretending being chopperheads and just scream out for two MP fast movers so we can have a go. So boring, no dynamic campaign, shooting at Ka-50s, I bet u all get tired off it when u know how Ka-50 works completely. Even whit Apache around the Multiplayer will not get better, dont see the point helicopters shooting each other down.

Give us a break! We don't all think like you. Some of us find fast movers boring. I enjoy a slower more tactical game down in the dirt using terrain for cover. Chopper fans have been thirsty for a long time, really... what have we had since Longbow 2 (1997?) in the way of high fidelity sims? Nothing. And in all honesty I'm kinda gutted the A10 is before the Apache and even Hind. The Hind... now THAT will be a good module! I can only praise ED for giving us the Ka-50 and not ANOTHER jet sim. Cheers!

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I 100% agree!!

The learning of the Shark was real fun but now since i learned the most things i am pretty tired of it.

The Apache might be a bit more fun because of the 2 man in 1 cockpit coop factor...

Anyhow bring on the fast movers, and listen to the community and bring a f-18 or f-16 (multirole) and a russian counterpart next, so there is finally some online action.

Dont get me wrong I am really impressed by the great step that ed took forward already comparing dcs black shark with lock on.

But if i calculate a bit with the 9 month between a new module (which is the most common timespan posted so far) it would be something like black shark in january 2008, DCS Warthog around october 2008, DCS Apache around july 2009... so we got the earliest chance to see a fast mover in April 2010.... and that would be only 1 fast mover so to have fun in multiplayer we would have to wait till january 2011 to have 2 fast movers (hopefully 1 american and 1 russian one) to have some dogfighting...

Quite a long time in my eyes for some multiplayer action....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

Quite a long time in my eyes for some multiplayer action....

You can always play Lomac:FC. :)

That's what i'm doing now. I upgraded my computer for the sake of black shark, but now when i noticed how smooth and good looking FC still is with max details and max AA/AF. I'm playing it almost more than BS.

Callsign Lycanthrope79

You can always play Lomac:FC. :)

That's what i'm doing now. I upgraded my computer for the sake of black shark, but now when i noticed how smooth and good looking FC still is with max details and max AA/AF. I'm playing it almost more than BS.

As i postet around 3 posts before lomac = too arcadish just started with open falcon tho :smilewink:

Graphics worse than Lomac but in points of campaign and simulation a lot better in my eyes (hope it is ok to say that here)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 Tomcat

Rest in Peace

If you start with the download version of BS, and when it comes time to add modules, must the addon modules be downloads, or can the addons be DVD or download?

Alternately,

If you start with the DVD version of BS, and when it comes time to add modules, must the addon modules be DVD, or can the addons be DVD or download?

In a nutshell,

Will they be mixable, or once you start with one or the other, must the addons be the same?

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

How many are flying Bombers on Muliplayer servers even when all missions have good targets to kill? I would say of 20 people 4 fly Su-25t/A-10, same will happen when fast movers will come around.

Off 50 people there will be 2xka-50/2xApache/2xA-10/2xSu-25 so the rest 42 people will fly fast movers.

I think ED is making wrong approach not whit release of models but the order.

I really hope they will realise the fast movers before some other sim making companies, that cold be expensive for them.

At same time they are making money on fast mover lovers, witch I think they would anyway if released in different order.

Most of the people dont fly the A2G because the fast movers doing a BS crappy worthless embarassing job of protecting them.