Feedback Thread - F-14 Tomcat Patch June 22nd 2022

IronMike

11 hours ago, Spurts said:

Only when you cherry pick your data.

Comparing apples to apples is not cherry picking. When you bring modules made by parties other than ED or HB into the argument you're comparing apples to oranges. That said, none of the ED jets have broken replay trakcs for me under normal circumstances, which still leaves AI as the possible culprit, so my point still stands. I no longer have anything to say on the matter since your mind is already set on invalid comparisons.

Edited by Nealius

FWIW I've had broken replays with ED modules too, e.g. with the Mi-8. I suppose the whole system is built on recording player inputs only. In the times of SFM and simple AI that worked well but as things get more complex, the behavior of both AI and player aircraft (including weapons) is not as deterministic as it needs to be for the system to work. I'm afraid there wont be any fix to that anytime soon since this would require the whole replay system to be reworked entirely, possibly at the cost of in-game performance. What I would like to see though is the ability to force a multiplayer-like replay in SP so we don't have to run a separate MP server to get any useful replays.

• Like 2

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Sorry for the late replies guys, I will address most of your questions in this comment:

- wingsweep rate seems to have changed, which is probably a regress bug that happened in the wake of wing sweep overhaul, we are investigating it. The difference is not big by any means, but enough to call it a clear bug and we will fix it ofc.

- Jester 100% breaks replays, and unfortunately there is nothing we know what could fix it. Multicrew in replays is difficult, because of how replays in DCS work, as in they try to replicate all your inputs, etc, rather than just the flight, visuals, etc. So with 2 cockpits at play, things get dicey, and this might be just a limitation of how tracks are done in DCS atm. For video creators I suggest: sever side track (can host your own server, but better even if the host is not flying). If you can use AP right after mission start, like ATT hold, which will prevent desyncing to some extent. Keep the tracks or scenes you record as short as possible.

- Jester not seeing targets I cannot confirm on my end. He seems to detect enemies or bogeys, etc just fine for me, even in the Falklands campaign with

Spoiler

the low flying bandits in the Fjords in mission 3.

- glad you enjoyed the Falklands campaign, I had but one week to put it all together, so mainly happy there seems to be no bugs (at least no major ones, I may have jinxed it now lol).

- did I forget anything else? If so, please poke me again.

Thank you all for your great feedback as always.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I was playing around with the new spider detent implementation and I had noticed that the detent doesn't catch at 68 degrees but does if you just move the Emergency Wing Sweep handle just a little bit forward (and have the Captain's bars correspond roughly to where it is). Is this correct? Does it not catch beyond 64-67 degrees or so?

Video Example:

Edited by DSplayer

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

On 7/14/2022 at 10:32 AM, DSplayer said:

I was playing around with the new spider detent implementation and I had noticed that the detent doesn't catch at 68 degrees but does if you just move the Emergency Wing Sweep handle just a little bit forward (and have the Captain's bars correspond roughly to where it is). Is this correct? Does it not catch beyond 64-67 degrees or so?

Video Example:

In fairness I've noticed you can do it when there's no power/hydraulics to the aircraft, but not after.

On 5/18/2022 at 9:11 PM, shifor said:

On the needles, on speed, landing configuration with AP and ACL mode engaged. The A/P CPLR light never shows up, pressing the AP Reference Button does nothing either

I also tried this with full flaps instead of just DLC just in case, same result. I haven't tested this with the non super carrier

hb pls fixnull

image.png

Since 2022-05-18 update I won't get A/P CPLR light on ACLS final.

Double-checked all manuals and videos I've found, seems to be not fixed yet.

8 hours ago, Lukas2438 said:

Since 2022-05-18 update I won't get A/P CPLR light on ACLS final.

Double-checked all manuals and videos I've found, seems to be not fixed yet.

You need to have DLC engaged.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 7/7/2022 at 11:14 AM, draconus said:

Looks like you need to start your own thread on this. Start testing with SP instant action missions or make one yourself where you face head on co-alt targets.

Hey Draconus, I've been playing with this using a combination of quick missions, active pause, campaigns etc  and the reason I haven't started a new thread is because I think it's a change of modelling that has made it more realistic rather than a bug.

It's definitely more difficult to get and keep a lock but I think this is more to do with the enemy ai being more proactive in their tactics. When sorties are compared with the relevant tacview I am noticing that the ai is now notching and ground masking more than previous. I think this is what is making Jesters job more difficult but I have changed my opinion that its a problem. 

Ta