Couple Newb ?'s - Following Nav Point / Getting Hud Back To Nav Mode

mickslick

K, loving the sim, lots to learn. Couple things I can't figure out.

1. When in Route mode, it wants to fly to every nav point, how can I get it to fly to the "selected" nav. point? Is there a way to do this out of route mode?

2. After doing some kick butt battle, I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the hud back to Nav mode, the mode you start out with prior to using the weapons system.

Thanks a bunch.

Hey mickslick,

On number 1, the autopilot route mode follows the PVI, not the ABRIS, so it will only fly one point at a time. You can select between WAYPOINTS, AIRFIELDS, and TARGET POINTS. Simply enable one of these modes using the keys on the left side of the PVI keypad (towards the front of the Wall Panel), then press the numeric key corresponding to the waypoint.

• 3 weeks later...

If route mode flys via PVI, what do you select to fly via ABRIS routes? Im struggling with this, even after reviewing producers notes and game training.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Thanks,,,, I was actually leading up to another problem I was confused about, but I found this thread that cleared it up for me,,, thanks :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34505&highlight=waypoints

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I may not be understanding the question, but if you want to fly to another waypoint that isn't the one you are flying to you do the following:

In route following mode press the waypt button on the keypad below the abris and then press the number of the waypoint you want to fly to. Job done.

Out of route following mode do the above, and then press the route following button or fly the path yourself.

It seems like that's too simple for the question your asking though so I appologise if I am telling you something you already know.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If route mode flys via PVI, what do you select to fly via ABRIS routes? Im struggling with this, even after reviewing producers notes and game training.

You can't, the abris can to some degree communicate with the shkval complex, but not directly with the autopilot. You have to understand that the abris is a retrofit and is not fully integrated to the other systems. It is mainly there to provide the pilot with navigation information independent of the INS.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

1. Route Mode will take you to the waypoint displayed on PVI-800. You should also be aware of the Desired Track and Desired Heading switch. In route mode with desired track it will follow the line between A and B but with desired heading it will take you ( as the crow flies ) directly to the selected waypoint.

2. Click the reset targeting switch.

The ABRIS (for all intents and purposes) is just there as a backup navigation and visual navigation system for the pilot.

The routes are programed in there for the pilots visualisation.

The ABRIS is much more accurate than the Inertial Navigation system, but has it's own set of issues (loss of site to GNSS satelites for eg).

Think of i this way.

For pre-programmed routes and automatic flying, the PVI800 / INU is your only option.

If however, mid flight, someone said "Theres an enemy supply column heading south 4 KM's SSW from target point 4!" , that would be much easier to navigate to using the ABRIS and map rather than visualising headings based off the INU and HSI (well...to me anyway).

So, dont be confused, just think of it like a GPS in your car .. all it can really do is show you where you are , and possibly how to get somewhere, but it can't take control of the car and do it for you.

i take off. hover. get my bearings set direction. check instruments, remove hover choose forward speed, press into Route mode. the abbris is coupled to the inu, the ka50 takes me from one waypoint through to the next following the full waypoints 1-6, i never need to touch the cyclic stick for anything untill i land bar altitiude changes(collective input). fully functional autpilot. the abrris is not just a GPS. it passes the info to the inu for full directional auopilot control.

2 other question though, when flight director is selected does that disengage the auopilot function? or does it simply display the intended route to destination on the ADI. whilst flying in auopilot does FD mode then disengage the info between the abbris and inu. thus stopping the auto flight and requiring manual flight to destination?

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys, my original problem was that I couldnt figure out why if I set the PVI to say waypoint 3, the Abris was showing it as waypoint 4. the thread I attached eventually explained to me WHY, now it makes sense. I appreciate the feedback of all of you. I am still in training and have a ways to go. Seems I have the navigation and route figured out. I havnt even dabbled into what the flight directer does, subject for more reading on my part. Thanks

the abrris is not just a GPS. it passes the info to the inu for full directional auopilot control.

It may appear that way but that's probably just because the route you have planned in your abris is the same route programmed into the pvi. I assure you, the abris has nothing whatsoever to do with autopilot functions. do some tests and research this and you will see that I am right...

GG Tharos i see u have 49 rep points. your "no its not" style of providng information is utterly despicable your no help here whatsoever. If i could id remove one of your rep points. thanks for constructivly telling us were noobs whilst were in a noob question thread seeking help. You have +10000 posts, why not make the rest of your posts beneficial and usefull for everyone apart from yourself. for every time u say no without an explanation, it open more questions for us noobs. so please stay away from noob threads because as i said earlier your no use whatsoever where learning anything here is concerned.

edit: i had no idea when posting the above thread that you were a tester and moderator... which re emphasises my pov. ohh and im not so much of a noob, from fs95 through flanker and lockon i have been flying, its just that russian tech takes alittle bit more of unlearning what u know to learn what you need to know.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GG Tharos i see u have 49 rep points. your "no its not" style of providng information is utterly despicable your no help here whatsoever. If i could id remove one of your rep points. thanks for constructivly telling us were noobs whilst were in a noob question thread seeking help. You have +10000 posts, why not make the rest of your posts beneficial and usefull for everyone apart from yourself. for every time u say no without an explanation, it open more questions for us noobs. so please stay away from noob threads because as i said earlier your no use whatsoever where learning anything here is concerned.

edit: i had no idea when posting the above thread that you were a tester and moderator... which re emphasises my pov.

1. Never argue with a mod ;)

2. Where do you think these rep points come from. W8 i'll answer this for you, they come from being help- and resourceful. You obviously aren't here long enough or you simply would have known that (no offence).

3. He answered the questions asked, didn' he? He added no pretty pleases, that for sure , but there was no offence, he simply answered the question.

4. There are many threads concerning this topic. Care for a search?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

i have no interest in taking this off topic further so here is my last word. I dont argue. i debate rationally. however i will complain where i think its justified. in your opinion iam wrong. i accept that. and my apologies to the mod tester. for me were all the same except the mod /tester has the info i need. the mod or tester does not have anything other to do than his job. going back on topic.....

Autopilot recieves route information. Where does that info come from if you please.

btw heres a new rule concerning open and closed questioning.

5. Never ask a mod a closed question unless u expect a one word answer without any discussion.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. Never argue with a mod ;)

2. Where do you think these rep points come from. W8 i'll answer this for you, they come from being help- and resourceful. You obviously aren't here long enough or you simply would have known that (no offence).

3. He answered the questions asked, didn' he? He added no pretty pleases, that for sure , but there was no offence, he simply answered the question.

4. There are many threads concerning this topic. Care for a search?

Hmm Sobek, your comment number 1 is little bit out of order, Ali did not argue with mod,he expressed his opinion about his short answer, and Ali just wanted to find out more, at the end of the day this sim has steep learning cure, it gets me frustrated every 5 minutes, but it is also very rewarding when you work something out with or without someones help.

This is a forum, i believe we can all express ourselves in the way we want, it is our duty to keep it clean, and if we cross the line mods are here to warn us, if any mods think someone has crossed the line thay will react and perform necesarry action.

I just hope that mods are not as anarchical as you are, my most important human right and need is to have discussion where you are not going to be slammed down just by expressing your opinions, and so far this forum has been very helpfull and friendly, i hope it is going to stay that way.

Ali was frustrated today, i may be frustrated tomorrow, who knows, one day Sobek you may be frustrated a little bit yourself, and i hope you will find someone who will give you an answer that will make sence and keep you happy.

i have no interest in taking this off topic further so here is my last word. I dont argue. i debate rationally. however i will complain where i think its justified. in your opinion iam wrong. i accept that. and my apologies to the mod tester. for me were all the same except the mod /tester has the info i need. the mod or tester does not have anything other to do than his job. going back on topic.....

Autopilot recieves route information. Where does that info come from if you please.

btw heres a new rule concerning open and closed questioning.

5. Never ask a mod a closed question unless u expect a one word answer without any discussion.

GG is a great guy, an excellent moderator, and an outstanding contributing member of the community. After 10,000 plus posts, short and to the point is likely the name of the game.

I am quite positive he meant no offense and is only trying to help you as he does so many others here with as few words as possible.

Out

Edited by PoleCat

ok. i dont doubt anyones credibility by any standards, especially an ED tester. I just got a bit frustrated through the responses to what i had stated earlier. It has put me off some what in terms of personally seeking information here. Those very comments have produced further confusion within the posts. My only motive for being here is to seek information & learn. If constructive communication isnt whats on offer here for this delightfull product i will seek the information elsewhere. I would like to persevere though.

now in an effort to get back on topic.

nav unit under the abriss sends info to the HSI and ADI and the autopilot reads that ? or is it just hsi ? please lets get back on track with the earlier questions.. i have asked a closed question, i know. and if iam wrong in my latest assumption please inform me how the heck it works in an informative way..

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The INU sends information to your ADI, HSI, HUD, to the ABRIS, and it communicates two-way with the weapon system as well - and of course the datalink system and autopilot. The DNS is also involved in communication with the autopilot; but to be clear, the autopilot gets coordinates from the INU and IIRC, K-041 (weapon/sensor system) and not from the ADI/HSI or anything else.

Your interface to the INU is the PVI-800. Details are in the manual ;)

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda