[ATTN ALL DEVS] F-105D-31RE "THUD" THUNDERCHIEF - WITH ENGINEERING DATA DUMP, MANY FILES

SOLIDKREATE

On 12/26/2023 at 8:08 AM, upyr1 said:

The initial Thud Weasels were F models. The real issue though is whether or not we can get the proper tones

Shouldn't be a problem since the F was the RHWR and a spectrum analyzer.  The G had more toys...

On 12/27/2023 at 2:59 PM, SOLIDKREATE said:

Okay I will contact them, thank you @Tengah for the invaluable information.

The Association of Wild Weasels and Old Crows are others worth reaching out to. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2023 at 3:59 PM, SOLIDKREATE said:

No word yet but I’m sure it’s cooking. Just saw another thread about this plane. So, the thirst is real by us all. 

What do you think might be the hardest things to get data for? 

On 12/26/2023 at 7:46 PM, SOLIDKREATE said:

Yeah that is very true. We have an 'G' here about 30min away from me at the Flying Heritage Collection. All birds are air worthy however I do not know about the THUD. I have yet to hear of one that flys. But there would still have to be some fire control RADAR around to point at it to set it off right? Or would the on board lamp test work? I highly doubt they'd let me go up and record sounds. I could ask though?

Here she is: https://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/2016/09/24/a-big-thud-at-the-flying-heritage-collection/

Hangar Maps, all WWII A/C are in flying condition except for the manned buzz bomb and Me-163. The MiG-29 sometimes goes out in the Summer. All tanks and guns work too and so does the artillery. 

hangarmap-240923-111725.webp

According to the people on F-105 groups on Facebook and Google no Thud is air worthy. There was an attempt to restore one to flying condition that got no place. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hhhmm, how do I say this:

"The spirit is willing, the flesh is weak."

and

"Tempus fugit"

Kind of...

Be asured, that we really, really want to make the Thud a DCS reality, but...well... see above...

• Like 2

Is there a way to pursue a pool of modder resources, for example, the likes of the A-4 team, CJS, et al coming together to assist? 

The Thud is an amazing piece of Miltary Aviation history that really, really should be represented here in DCS.  A much underrated aircraft, with one heck of a service life...  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tengah said:

Is there a way to pursue a pool of modder resources, for example, the likes of the A-4 team, CJS, et al coming together to assist? 

The Thud is an amazing piece of Miltary Aviation history that really, really should be represented here in DCS.  A much underrated aircraft, with one heck of a service life...  

Unless someone says they are working on it officially I say if you have the skills to mod then let's work on it I can test