What was implemented in Aug 24 Beta Patch for F-16?

104th_Crunch
Go to solution Solved by Moonshine,

The recent video by Wags features more items than what is listed in today's beta patch. I know sometimes things don't make it in the patch because of time constraints. Sometimes though, things are updated in the patch but don't get listed in the patch notes.

If someone could please confirm if all he following are in today's patch as noted in Wags video? 

Not Listed in Patch Notes but in Wag's last vid:

• Automatic Laser Designation 
  • CCIP Laser Ranging
  • HOTAS Bombing Mode Cycle
  • Manual (MAN) Bombing Mode
  • Spotlight Scan Radar Mode
  • Change in CRM HOTAS Selection
  • Wing Tank Jettison

Listed in Patch Notes in Wag's last vid:

• ALT Release Button
  • Targeting Pod Attitude Advisory Function (AFF)
  • FLCS BIT Test
  • AN/ALQ-131 ECM Pod
  • Gun Gas Purge Door and Barrel Rotation

Added as noted in Patch notes:

• Added FLCS BIT (work in progress to be further adjusted)
  • Added ALT Release button functional
  • Added SIM indication on HUD
  • Added DTE static page
  • Added ECM centerline adapter for ALQ-131
  • Added TGP Attitude Advisory Function (AAF)
  • Added Gun Gas Purge Door animation
  • Added Gun barrels rotation
  • AoA bracket and VV adjustment

Edited by 104th_Crunch

You can forcibly update any branch to any version. There are a few ways but the easiest would be to edit dcs_variant.txt in your DCS World folder and then run DCS_updater.exe (or just run the game itself and it will eventually check for patches). Change the text in the .txt file to: openbeta

1 hour ago, Linx said:

Fuel leak bug has not been fixed. Any hit to the plane still results in total fuel loss.

Is that a bug? I just thought the Viper has plane equivalent of hemophilia IRL. I thought it was odd for a A2G and SEAD capable aircraft.

23 minutes ago, arb65912 said:

Is there any specific time period after it will pick up new patch?

I did today and it is still old one.

Go to the core installation folder -> bin -> and instead of launching the DCS.exe run the updater.exe, should then download the latest patch

Just now, Moonshine said:

Go to the core installation folder -> bin -> and instead of launching the DCS.exe run the updater.exe, should then download the latest patch

Thanks, I will do that but if I do not, beta will never update to latest patch automatically?

TBF, the F-16 (or most any fighter jet) is basically a fuel tank, an engine, and a cockpit.  It is annoying though.  A few BTR hits to the tail and all your fuel goes bye bye without even a vapor trail to say goodbye.

Anyway, the new drop cues for A2G seem different.  The circle flashes, I hold the pickle button, it doesn't drop.  Then I have to wait for the little horizontal line to come down to the FPM again.  Is there some kind of manual range cue?
Also, when are we gonna get attack vector for GPS bombs?  Figured JSOWs or CBU's would have it by now, but they don't.

And is it me, or did SFW's and the like get less effective?  Am I just missing?  Just been messing around with the Instant Action mission that starts hot on 31 at Vazani and attacking the ground targets available.

The circle means you are entering max toss range which is usually 4-6 miles. That's not the release point. The solution cue will march down the ASL (and timer reach zero) twice as you approach. Ignore the toss stuff unless you are lofting. After thr circle disappears the you are "game on" to release.

Manual range is the caret and scale in miles. Staple top and bottom is max toss to level. Loft release will happen somewhere in the staple range, level at bottom, and dive below.

ISM PRE and IAM VIS post designate have ASL for JDAM and WCMD if that's what you mean by "attack vector".

4 hours ago, Moonshine said:

Yeah especially fuel leaks from small arms should fix themselves due to self sealing fuel tanks but currently you lose fuel as quick as if half your plane was shot away under you. Rather frustrating in AG scenarios 

Beside the A-10, I cant think of any USAF aircraft with self sealing tanks.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

15 hours ago, Frederf said:

You can forcibly update any branch to any version. There are a few ways but the easiest would be to edit dcs_variant.txt in your DCS World folder and then run DCS_updater.exe (or just run the game itself and it will eventually check for patches). Change the text in the .txt file to: openbeta

Are you sure? I use the dcs_variant.txt to force the creation of a different "save folder" under Saved Games.

IMHO,  the best what whether Stable or OB is to use Skatezilla's app. You can then downgrade/update, change versions in a GUI. But that's just me. 😊 

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, Frederf said:

I know just doing the command line works but it's slightly more complicated than variant.txt (which I haven't actually tried myself) but I assume it's what DCS_updater.exe looks at if no explicit value is passed to it in command line.

I read your posts with enthusiasm, because you're so knowledgeable and always want to help and assist. I learn a LOT!!! 😊 

So this was just my respectful way of saying that the only thing the dcs_variant.txt do. Is telling a certain core installation of which "DCS.callitwhateveryouwant" Saved Games folder to create/use. 😉

Cheers! 

Edited by MAXsenna

11 minutes ago, Frederf said:

I know just doing the command line works but it's slightly more complicated than variant.txt (which I haven't actually tried myself) but I assume it's what DCS_updater.exe looks at if no explicit value is passed to it in command line.

I could do update other ways but I think Updater is the simplest and works for me so ...I did. 🙂

Thank you again to all!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frederf said:

The circle means you are entering max toss range which is usually 4-6 miles. That's not the release point. The solution cue will march down the ASL (and timer reach zero) twice as you approach. Ignore the toss stuff unless you are lofting. After thr circle disappears the you are "game on" to release.

Manual range is the caret and scale in miles. Staple top and bottom is max toss to level. Loft release will happen somewhere in the staple range, level at bottom, and dive below.

ISM PRE and IAM VIS post designate have ASL for JDAM and WCMD if that's what you mean by "attack vector".

For the last part, there is an attack azimuth I thought you could set for GPS guided bombs.  It shows on the MFD, but nothing happens when you press it.  A gps weapon can attack from a different direction than the launch airplane.  Or a cluster shot would just be lined up better (what I was trying to do).

Edited by SickSidewinder9