Game does not start after latest update

Airmage

Hi. Follow these steps:

1. Rename your Saved Games/DCS... folder to DCS.bak.
  2. Starts DCS and wait for main menu. Does it work? If so, I'll explain how to retrieve your control bindings.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 hour ago, Havremonster said:

It took longer than ever to load the game this time. Maybe give it 5 minutes if you have not done it already.

This did it for me. Glad I checked the forums instead of doing repairs and reinstalls. I didn't time it, but I set it aside while I did something else and by the time I was back, DCS was up and running.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nealius said:

This did it for me. Glad I checked the forums instead of doing repairs and reinstalls. I didn't time it, but I set it aside while I did something else and by the time I was back, DCS was up and running.

I use a live log viewer to monitor the DCS log. Sometimes when it seems frozen, the log churns away and shows me that it's definitely not hung. 

It took a long time for me compiling the shaders. But the log showed me. 

Cheers! 

8 minutes ago, Nealius said:

No need to reinstall if in the future the problem happens again. A Repair or a Cleanup takes seconds.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.