AGM 88 harm missiles fire off when they are jettisoned

A A ron

10 minutes ago, A A ron said:

Thanks.  I forgot I already sent this a while back on the same topic. Sorry.  I just read that it is correct as is as is and they are supposed to fire off unguided. That seems unusual but OK.

If I'm not mistaken, when jettisoned they will target the first emitter they find, so mind at which direction you jettison them, might be a friendly radar.

It was fixed in the F16, a while back, it's strange the system works different on the F18. You simply cannot randomly let a misslie fly of the rail and hope for the best

Quote from F16 books:

"Only launchers which holds the missiles are considerred "jettisonable stores" and only those are shown when you enter S-J mode.

Jettisonable stores are loaded in memory in the order determined by the stores and racks list

In E-J and S-J, the stores are always in a safe condition, so no fuses armed and no motors ignited"

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat