ED, please, we need a T-6 Texan II or T-38 Talon!

313 SQN JD

I know theres eastern alternatives, but.. yeah. I know the MB-339 is coming but that is only in use by a handful of very specific countries. There are some awesome modders out there who create amazing two seaters but unfortunately due to them not getting the full access to DCS, modded aircraft will never have full sync which makes them frustrating to fly. So for all our western virtual air forces out there who want to be able to train new pilots with correctly synced models and cockpits, PLEASE give us the ability to buy something in the ball park of a T-6 Texan II or T-38 Talon.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'd really love either the T-2 or TA-4 for jet trainers, and the T-34 or T-28 for turboprops. All the advantages of the T-38 and T-6, plus compatibility with the Supercarrier module. The T-45 is too modern for my taste.

The A-4 community mod is fantastic, but the makers are pretty adamant that they won't consider doing any additional variants. 😞

• 4 weeks later...

In general it would be great to have a multicrew trainer apart of the core game and download. Either that or add the option for the 2 seat D/UB model's to the existing modules for training purposes. 

Personally I would love to see the T-6, Super Tucano or PC-21 added along with a fully fleshed out Goshawk or TA-4J to be the feeder trainers for the "Big" modules like what the real military uses. I wonder if there would be any legal concerns with licensing the T-45 from Boeing for a free "official" module or perhaps even the T-7A. 

6 hours ago, WRCRob said:

In general it would be great to have a multicrew trainer apart of the core game and download. Either that or add the option for the 2 seat D/UB model's to the existing modules for training purposes. 

Personally I would love to see the T-6, Super Tucano or PC-21 added along with a fully fleshed out Goshawk or TA-4J to be the feeder trainers for the "Big" modules like what the real military uses. I wonder if there would be any legal concerns with licensing the T-45 from Boeing for a free "official" module or perhaps even the T-7A. 

I agree. I have been saying for a while that DCS needs to include a free trainer to better prepare new comers to step up to not only fast jets but to naval aircraft that are carrier capable.

Aircraft like the T-6 would be nice but something like the T-45 would be of more useful to prepare people for carrier operations so that they can hit the deck running when they up grade to a Hornet, Tomcat and all future Naval aircraft like the A-6 Intruder.

t-45-goshawk-aircraft-carrier.jpg