DCS AJS-37 Viggen manual RC2.1

TOViper

1 hour ago, Munin said:

Funny note: I sat beside an ex real JA-pilot who jumped in and took off in DCS and way up in the sky just couldn't understand why the electronics didn't work. The generator switch was something they never touched. It was always left on.

That does make it sound like my theory is correct then, and it should really be in the ON position on a cold start.

• Like 2

Hey guys!

Right before X-mas, here is another update of the RC2.1, according to DCS version Openbeta 2.9.1.48335.

Update 2023-12-18:

.) page 050: Added item "EBK zone 1, 2, 3 lights (white digits)."
.) page 050: Added picture for showing the KONTR LAMPTABLA button
.) page 050: Added picture for showing the KONTROLL button
.) page 097: Added detailed explanation and added note for the B-scope (thanks Myse1234 and Machalot, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/331528-radar-mode-a2-doesnt-work-mtst-when-no-waypoint-is-available/)
.) page 097: Replaced both pictures with new ones (near Batumi airfield)
.) page 235: Added item "Landing gear indicator lights NOSSTÄLL, V STÄLL, H STÄLL lit."
.) page 238: Added item "Landing gear indicator lights NOSSTÄLL, V STÄLL, H STÄLL lit."
.) page 247: Reworked "After landing" procedure slightly
.) page 247: Reworked "Shutdown" procedure (thanks Rudel_chw)
.) page 381: Added note for the F-10 map auto-generation-function ATTACK (thanks Discord user mork)

Kind regards,
TOViper

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Hi,

The most current version probably no longer made it into today's delivery. The version from August 2023 can still be found under DCS_World\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Doc\DCS_AJS37_Flight_Manual_EN_RC2.1. The PDF AJS37 _manual_RC2.pdf is also included...why?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Hello kotor663! I have no idea. 😞
As far as I know, they added it to the update cycle, but unfortunately it didn't make the way to the update.
I am going to add @IronMike
for further investigation.

• Like 1

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Hello Viggen drivers out there!

Caused by a bug that I found in the last version (this was in the manual since the beginning), I decided to give you another update of the RC2.1, according to DCS version Openbeta 2.9.2.49629.

Update 2023-12-24:

.) pages 23-27: Reworked some items, added labels, etc.
.) page 25: Item 46 now reads "AFK lever (REGLAGEBROMS    AFK) (Auto throttle)" instead of "Throttle friction"
.) page 251: Modified the notes for Data input / output
.) page 251: Added picture for the data cartridge slot (3D model of cartridge was changed by Heatblur)
.) page 251: Modified text for chapter Data cartridge loading

Happy Christmas & kind regards,
TOViper 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

my computer:

14 minutes ago, TOViper said:

I decided to give you another update of the RC2.1

Thanks a lot for all the care put onto keeping the manual updated ... wish you a very happy xmas alongside your family :holiday:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...

Hi @TOViper,

noticed a small issue, on Page 113 of the current manual , the example images for the Linear and Logarithmic radar picture are swapped,

The logarithmic radar picture for is under the text for linear and also vice versa:

null

image.png

Edited by Snappy
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

The logarithmic radar picture for is under the text for linear and also vice versa:

The figures look correctly matched with the paragraphs to me.  But the captions are swapped.

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

45 minutes ago, Machalot said:

The figures look correctly matched with the paragraphs to me.  But the captions are swapped.

Sounds plausible, maybe it’s only the captions that should be swapped. I find it hard to tell by looking at two static pictures as a lot of image quality depends on gain settings with linear , which seems very dark on default gain.

But the upper picture has seemingly more terrain details, so likely you are right.

Posted (edited)

page 234:
I consider this information as bullshid, right?
IMHO it must read " Doppler system setting LAND / SJÖ (Land / Sea)" instead of "Radar altimeter setting LAND / SJÖ (Land / Sea)"

image.png

Radar altimeter has two receiver antennas on the fuselage, where the Doppler system has its single antennae (but with 3 lobes) on the lower right wing.

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 2

my computer:

35 minutes ago, TOViper said:

page 234:
IMHO it must read " Doppler system setting LAND / SJÖ (Land / Sea)" instead of "Radar altimeter setting LAND / SJÖ (Land / Sea)"

image.png

Radar altimeter has two receiver antennas on the fuselage, where the Doppler system has its single antennae (but with 3 lobes) on the lower right wing.

Yes, is bullshid. It's for the doppler

• Thanks 2

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

5 hours ago, TOViper said:

page 234:

image.png

I thought that was fixed already.  Maybe I'm thinking of the in-game tooltip.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."