Virpil stick on Thrustmaster base?

Treker

• 1 month later...

Only the very first grip produced, Mongoose T-50 CM-1 version, is compatible with a warthog base, but it hasn't been in production for quite a while.  Have one set up and it works fine, the -1 grip has the 4 way only buttons, no 5 press.  The only thing that won't work is the grip brake axis, TM software can't see a Z axis, but it will see the button on the grip.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure.. someone locally was selling WarBRD base with WarBRD stick, I have Thrustmaster Warhog base and stick, so thought to sell TH base with Virpil stick 🙂

I got WarBRD base from someone else eventually, I couldn't be happier with it...  

I am pretty sure putting a Virpil stick on a Warthog base is a major sin in most countries with heavy punishments...

:protest:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

11 hours ago, Treker said:

Sure.. someone locally was selling WarBRD base with WarBRD stick,

In theory should be compatible, WarBRD sitck has few buttons and use Shift Register circuit, like in Warthog grip.

1 x Dual-stage Trigger
 1 x 8-way POV Hat + Push
 1 x 4-way Hat + Push
 2 x Buttons

But could happen that VirPil changed the Shift Register in WarBRD grip for another model other than the CD4021 used in Warthog.

I suggest ask this question in VirPil forum.

The VPC WarBRD Base is compatible with the following Tm grips (beside their own grips):

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip*
 TM Cougar Grip*
 TM Warthog Grip*

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, crash test pilot said:

Some virpil grips are listed as compatible with tm bases "with limitations", the warbrd grip isnt. So a hard no.

Actually the WarBRD grip IS listed to be compatible with limitations: https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-warbrd-grip.html

II'd be interested to know what those limitations are: that grip whould be perfect for my F-5 and my MB-339....

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

IIRC you may have some buttons or button functions (i.e. a push function on a button) that won't work with the TM base.  Honestly, the Virpil bases (at least the WarBRD which is what I use) are sooo much better than the WH I'd just save up and get both.

The VFX works with the Warthog base. The axis for DLC functioned as button is the only limitation I found when I used it with my WH base. The twist axis may also work but I had that locked out so never tried it.

Oh hell, let's go nuts. Swords for forty eight thousand

6 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

The VFX works with the Warthog base. The axis for DLC functioned as button is the only limitation I found when I used it with my WH base. The twist axis may also work but I had that locked out so never tried it.

Mr Ferguson, may I call you Turd?

Your opinion please. Currently using a WH base and grip. Considering moving to a Virpil base. I use only the shortest of extensions (50mm) and have a set up that allows for stick between legs with wrist resting on thigh (heli style).

I like some resistance. Don't want a limp feeling noodle. 

Is the cm3 overkill or would the warbird d suffice.

I understand that both can be totally dry clutched - but there have been 'feel' problems associated with that or so I understand?

Are they leaps beyond WH?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Cyborg71 said:

Mr Ferguson, may I call you Turd?

Haha that made me chuckle, Aye call me Turd 😅.

So I had a Warrhog and used it with a long gooseneck extension for helicopters which, after moving some springs about worked as a cyclic would, stayed in place when I let it go as was so smooth even around the centre.

I upgraded my WH to a CM3 about 18 months ago and overall am happy with it. The clutches work well however out of the box it was a bit clunky around the centre. I stripped it down and applied Nyogel 767a to the clutches and that has pretty much eradicated the feel problems. 

The customisation of the CM3 is a real benefit of it. I swap between a 20cm gooseneck for helicopters and a 10cm straight extension for fixed wing with a few turns of an hex key am set in a couple of minutes.

I can't speak for the Warbird as I've never used one but once I got my CM3 setup how I wanted it I'd happily recommend it. I don't think the CM3 is overkill and due the the all metal construction, customisation options and Virpil's great customer support a very nice upgrade from the WH.

Edited by Turd Ferguson
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Haha that made me chuckle, Aye call me Turd 😅.

So I had a Warrhog and used it with a long gooseneck extension for helicopters which, after moving some springs about worked as a cyclic would, stayed in place when I let it go as was so smooth even around the centre.

I upgraded my WH to a CM3 about 18 months ago and overall am happy with it. The clutches work well however out of the box it was a bit clunky around the centre. I stripped it down and applied Nyogel 767a to the clutches and that has pretty much eradicated the feel problems. 

The customisation of the CM3 is a real benefit of it. I swap between a 20cm gooseneck for helicopters and a 10cm straight extension for fixed wing with a few turns of an hex key am set in a couple of minutes.

I can't speak for the Warbird as I've never used one but once I got my CM3 setup how I wanted it I'd happily recommend it. I don't think the CM3 is overkill and due the the all metal construction, customisation options and Virpil's great customer support a very nice upgrade from the WH.

Thank you for that detailed response. Knowing that swapping fixed to rotary is a straight forward task is very useful. I have nyogel, so all I need now is a Virpil valentines sale.

Cheers

Edited by Cyborg71
Typo

11 hours ago, Cyborg71 said:

Thank you for that detailed response. Knowing that swapping fixed to rotary is a straight forward task is very useful. I have nyogel, so all I need now is a Virpil valentines sale.

Cheers

You're welcome, sounds like you're all set once the sale hits.