On 2/15/2024 at 10:22 PM, Northstar98 said:

Because it's almost certainly easier to sell a later version as an upgrade, than an earlier one. They've done this with the Ka-50 twice and again with the A-10C so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

What hasn't been done yet is going newer and then selling an older version later. HB comes close with the Tomcat, but the older variants are bundled in as one.

?

I have no idea how you figure this, DCS is never going to be exclusive to older aircraft.

I havnt said exclusively, I said  "before this becomes a old aircrafts club"...  Keywords -before and becomes-  so we can still prevent it from happening so it doesnt become a reality.  I think there are all ready enough aircrafts with older technology to choose from and its certainly no rule to start with old modules to sell upgrade versions later or to be unprecedented  because we received a perfectly nice late version Apache AH 64-D didnt we ??? . They didnt start with the -A version to sell us the B-D version later which to me is a perfect decision from ED because we all can and are enjoying all the later technologies that came with the D upgrade such as the FCR etc.   ... its just my preference to have the latest upgrade of a aircraft i am sure many people will be triggered but i dont get it...why would you ask for the earliest version of an aircraft ?  It has been upgraded for a reason.

Edited by Clyber

15 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

By the sound of your post, the newest airplane we got entered service probably before you was born, . So it is an old aircraft club. 
But I accept and respect your opinion on the matter. I know many here wanting newest possible version of it, I get that, I still buy it.  and it would have a lot of work to do. 
I wasn’t “ordering” ED to make a Vietnam era Chinook. I was expressing what I wished for. 

Sound of my post ,😆..... Anyway.  If you respected my opinion you wouldn't hear the sound of my post and make a correlation between the aircraft entering service and my age.😁  I was born way before they got in to service but i just like modern equipment and want the best capabilities. Just like you expressed what you wished for i did the same.

Edited by Clyber

On 2/16/2024 at 1:37 AM, MAXsenna said:

emoji1787.png I don't get if you're sarcastic or just totally out of touch. emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Out of touch because i have expressed my preference ?

Edited by Clyber

6 hours ago, Clyber said:

I havnt said exclusively, I said  "before this becomes a old aircrafts club"...  Keywords -before and becomes-  so we can still prevent it from happening so it doesnt become a reality. 

And as I said before, this is never going to happen, it is never ever going to be a reality. There's nothing to prevent.

its certainly no rule to start with old modules to sell upgrade versions later or to be unprecedented  because we received a perfectly nice late version Apache AH 64-D didnt we ???

I never said it was a rule, that is obvious. But it absolutely wouldn't be unprecedented as this very thing has been done before, with the examples I gave.

In an ideal world, it would be far better for there to be multiple variants of an aircraft rather than just one. That way you can cater to the people who like modern aircraft and historical aircraft fairly equally and neither has to make compromises one way or the other. We don't live in that world, but should extra variants be considered, ED would probably make more money going from older to newer than newer to older, something that has never been done before (and as I said, the only one that comes close has the variants bundled in as one, so it doesn't really apply).

its just my preference to have the latest upgrade of a aircraft

And that's absolutely fine, it's a perfectly valid preference to have.

i am sure many people will be triggered but i dont get it...why would you ask for the earliest version of an aircraft ?

I'm not sure about people being triggered, but so far nobody has asked for the "earliest" version of an aircraft.

The primary reason why people ask for an earlier version of an aircraft is usually either for historical reasons (i.e. they want to recreate or at least make/fly missions inspired by historical conflicts/eras. Vietnam seems to be a pretty big one (where earlier Chinook variants fit), Cold War (where everything up to the D potentially fits), Gulf War (where the C and D fit) etc) or they just prefer an older version for whatever reason (it might be than an older variant fits better with contemporary assets that are already present, operational history, number built, number of operators, preferring steam gauges over glass cockpit etc).

Of course, you don't have to care about any of that, but those are some valid reasons why some people might prefer to go older rather than newer, at least in some circumstances.

It has been upgraded for a reason.

And those reasons don't necessarily have to apply to DCS. There's also a reason (as I laid out) to go historical rather than latest and greatest. But of course, you have your preferences, I and other have ours.

As it stands, I'm not really interested in a CH-47F, the simple reason being that the scenarios I'm interested in end in the 1990s (Operation Deny Flight/Deliberate Force), where it doesn't fit. A CH-47D would fit that (and given its use into the 2000s/2010s with the US Army) the current Apache as well.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

15 hours ago, Clyber said:

Sound of my post ,😆..... Anyway.  If you respected my opinion you wouldn't hear the sound of my post and make a correlation between the aircraft entering service and my age.😁  I was born way before they got in to service but i just like modern equipment and want the best capabilities. Just like you expressed what you wished for i did the same.

Sorry 😞 

I am not native English. I do respect your opinion and I know it shared by many, maybe majority. Or most likely the majority. And I am sort of not totally sure what would be the best. I just have a deep desire for Vietnam map. And a modern chinook won’t be flying there. But it will in Afghanistan and we know when that is coming. 
I am sorry , I should have watched my manner writing to you

• Like 1

• ED Team

Guys, as I understand it, this is a wish list thread, it's ok to wish for things, its ok if you see a wish and di not agree, but please there is no need for telling others there wish Is wrong or will never happen. Please if you don't like someone's wish adding more posts to the thread makes it look more popular. Make or own wish list post, or ignore the ones you don't like.

• Like 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

11 hours ago, NineLine said:

Guys, as I understand it, this is a wish list thread, it's ok to wish for things, its ok if you see a wish and di not agree, but please there is no need for telling others there wish Is wrong or will never happen. Please if you don't like someone's wish adding more posts to the thread makes it look more popular. Make or own wish list post, or ignore the ones you don't like.

2 hours ago, Clyber said:

Whatever is put here in the wishlist might have impact on the choice ED makes so isnt  it a good thing to discuss our preferences and choices a little bit before its too late ?

It seems like they will move forward with the CH47-F anyway so the type seems to be choosen already.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2024-01-08/

The CH-47F module is already a reality, it has several years of work behind it and it will come this year (if there are no delays). We'll see if ED focuses on making an older version like the CH-47D after the release of the F version. Regarding "preferences", ED has its plans, although it takes note of what part of the community (not all) wants...

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

I am very confused about what version we are getting. Some say it is the Italian export version. Is that F? 

Τhe model now accurately reflects a US Army CH-47 from the mid-2000s.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

I am very confused about what version we are getting. Some say it is the Italian export version. Is that F? 

By Wags, CH-47F from US Army on mid 2000.

The CH-47F has a UsArmy mid 2000 version modeled correctly, on 2023 and beyond, show incorrect modeled ICH-47 Italian version. Working on modeling correct avionics and flight model

Edited by Silver_Dragon

18 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

So whats the diffrence between the export version and the Us version besides the english cockpit ? 

9 minutes ago, Clyber said:

So whats the diffrence between the export version and the Us version besides the english cockpit ? 

The Italian version AW1067 ICH-47F, was different avionic, radar, performance and engines, builded by Leonardo.

https://www.leonardo.com/en/press-release-detail/-/detail/ich-47f-maiden-flight

The external and cockpit 3D model was depleted during 2023, and redone to match with a Boeing UsArmy CH-47F from med 2000.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

5 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The Italian version AW1067 ICH-47F, was different avionic, radar, performance and engines, builded by Leonardo.

https://www.leonardo.com/en/press-release-detail/-/detail/ich-47f-maiden-flight

The external and cockpit 3D model was depleted during 2023, and redone to match with a Boeing UsArmy CH-47F from med 2000.

Hmmm .. something in me just hopes the original  US version.

I also found some diffrences between the D and F type..

Here are some of the main differences: Avionics: The CH-47F has an upgraded cockpit with advanced digital avionics, including a digital automatic flight control system and a digital engine control system. The CH-47D and CH-47E have an older analog cockpit with less advanced avionics

11 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

"2023 and Beyond" incorrect ICH-47F Italian version.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

"2024 and Beyond" UsArmy correct CH-47F Usa Version.

image.png

image.jpeg

Thx... I like the US Cockpit Layout but both look impressive

Edited by Clyber

• 3 weeks later...

gonna buy anyway so im happy, but i do hope they make cold war ch47d. very likely cause cold war seems to be a big and fast growing preference right now

• Like 3

Wishlist:f4e,f4j,f4g,f4e aup,f8,f6f,f4u,f15e,ah1g/w,fr fireball,a7d,g91,jaguar,f1,ch53e.

Yeah for sure, we dont have much helicopters to choose from as fixed wings so iam taking all helicopters. Helicopters are unique.

It seems like they have decided to go with the Ch47D  check the news logs and i think its a fabulous choice.

Edited by Clyber
  • Like 1

do you have a reference? Wags said that there will be a Vietnam map, but no one is yet working on it

• Like 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• ED Team
1 minute ago, MemphisBelle said:

do you have a reference? Wags said that there will be a Vietnam map, but no one is yet working on it

We have said in the past Vietnam is a terrain we would like to do in the future, it is often requested, but currently we have no news to share. 

Please keep on topic here in this thread which is for the US Army CH-47F 

Thank you 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2