OpenXR Not Working

Bader242

21 minutes ago, Kiwi_Viper said:

mines loading but its upside down and backwards lol looks normal on 2d screen biut in headset its screwed, its not the openxr toolkit thats doing it cause its same with it disabled

Kiwi?  Well, that'd explain it..  your whole world is upside down, maybe DCS is the right way up!
(sorry,, couldn't resist)

System specs:
i9-11900KF OC to 5500Mhz with water block- MSI RTX4090 OC - ASUS ROG HERO VIII - 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz- 1TB SSD OS - 2TB SSD GAME- 1000W PSU
Pimax 8kx - TM Pendular Pedals - TM Warthog Throttle - TM Waterhog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - WinWing Pheonix MIP/UPC - Homemade Landing Gear control.  Andre's SimShaker driving two subwoofers and seat kickers for seat and control column vibration - sketchpad linked to OpenKneeboard - VoiceAttack with VIACOM Pro

make sure this is unchecked.

finally working.

thisunchecked.jpg

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

27 minutes ago, GayCavalier said:

Kiwi?  Well, that'd explain it..  your whole world is upside down, maybe DCS is the right way up!
(sorry,, couldn't resist)

LOL yeh like ive not heard that before

26 minutes ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

finally working.

thisunchecked.jpg

tryed that first didnt do anything, its very wierd the portal view on the screen is normal its only through the headset all the games are as normal so its got to be that patch again

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

found the problem my end, it was necksafer the latest version causes it.

openxr toolkit, open composite are fine doesnt affect it what so ever , i only use necksafer cause me old neck aint what it use to be lol

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

Thanks @BIGNEWY, I've just try the indications of that post and now it works!!
(Pimax 8KX)
Cheers

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, Colmillo said:

Thanks @BIGNEWY, I've just try the indications of that post and now it works!!
(Pimax 8KX)
Cheers

good to hear 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

after several checks with only WMR then WMR +open XR +native 585k VR dll with unbearable stutter, I finally found a stable and very effective FPS value (45 for my G2 on every kind of maps) using:

WMR+OpenXR with MR off and Open XR toolkit in CAS with turbo mode off and MR off (for now waiting a patch from ED)

so it works quite like the 2.8.1 version (open beta) where I was using MR auto in open XR and MR on in open XR toolkit

of course you also need to replace the openVR dll in the bin folder from the 585K native to the 1818k found through the open composite download page to make open XR toolkit active

I am so very satisfied with this 2.8.2 version which bring many fixes and improvements

Having open XR native in place running through SteamVR is a real plus for DCS  I've notice that from months using open XR toolkit and open composite that were strapping the steam VR use

No stutter, no lag and a high FPS value now with a very reasonable aspect of the terrain including using good MSAA and shadow settings in graphics parameters

• Like 1

i having also semilar problems with the new DCS beta.... 

Specs:

Pimax8x PimaxXr control center installed+ openXR dll in DCS/bin folder. Steam is off.

VR works at the menue but when i start a mission dcs freezes at 20% loading ....

I have switching all VR features of in Pitool. But nothing helps.

Is any hotfix from ED on the way ?!?! 

18 minutes ago, grasnabe said:

i having also semilar problems with the new DCS beta.... 

Specs:

Pimax8x PimaxXr control center installed+ openXR dll in DCS/bin folder. Steam is off.

VR works at the menue but when i start a mission dcs freezes at 20% loading ....

I have switching all VR features of in Pitool. But nothing helps.

Is any hotfix from ED on the way ?!?! 

What OpenXR dll are you placing in the DCS/bin folder?
If you are referring to the Open Composite .ddl for manual installation, then you need to remove that.
The new open beta version of DCS has OpenXR native and it is enable from the command line with --force_OpenXR

2 hours ago, Moxica said:

So, I saved up to retire my Oculus Quest2 and ordered, and waited months to get the Reverb G2. It arrived erlier this week, and now I'm flying my main/favourite airframe (Ah-64) in a world that looks like a Salvador Dali nightmare; Wobly cockpits, and rotors made out of some jello. I got a new $4000 PC rig before to get DCS running decent, but it never has.
What the actual <profanity>?
(Yeah, that is a question. Answer will probably be: "Soon")
The last time I saw anything similar, was on Dr. Phil, and the topic being; Elderly americans conned by Nigerian princes.
 Similarities: I've spent som much money on this project, I can not retire from it. -I keep getting promises of improvements. -They are all in some undefined future. There are a bunch of "fanbois" claiming: "I don't experience this". There are 600 plus solutions I can try. (And none makes any difference)
Premium prices normally warrant premium products. I am so mad right now, I really should not express myself until later. But then again, I don't think later will be better.

I have thE Reverb G2, the "jelly" is probably coming from reprojection.

Follow that guide here on the forums, ensure you are running OpenXR Tools for Windows Mixed Reality, Open XR Toolkit, and Opencomposite runtime. Follow the guide in this post

It's not that hard, just read it as you go along. Basically you will find ensuring motion reprojection is OFF is your best bet, in both the OpenXR Tools and the ingame overlay settings for OpenXR toolkit.

This combination is absolutely FANTASTIC, and makes the world of difference. The OpenXR toolkit overlay in game is the bread and butter, that is where you have so many options, you can fine tune and get a GREAT framerate and smoothness.

Basically it reads my Reverb G2 as a base resolution of 3092, and it can run like that smoothly (for me at least). 

The only thing draggin my system that was bumming me out was the Liberation Campaign tool, but following guidance to open my own MP server to join, and utilizing the three tools/runtimes in the post, and now I can run Liberation at great settings, having a blast. 

TRUST ME, IT'S WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT TO SET THIS UP!

Also, I have found that in the Windows Mixed Reality settings, setting the headset to 60 HZ, and not 90 HZ, seems to help. Also, I am frame limiting to 50 FPS using the The OpenXR toolkit overlay settings. Another thing in the The OpenXR toolkit is you can set up a little overlay that displays your FPS, GPU and CPU times, and how much GPU Vram you are using. That can be used while you are changing the settings to fine tune the The OpenXR toolkit settings to get your sweetspot 🙂

Edited by Hootman9104
ADDITIONAL INFO

As a G2 user I can't stand reprojection in DCS. The wobbly, jello, stuttering visuals are simply disgusting, even after last OB hotfix.

I simply don't use reprojection and without that in SP my framerates can vary from 35-45 on the ground to about 57-60 in the air. During flight this is really nice and smooth, the stuttering, ghosting happens while taxiing when I see sideways.

Edited by St4rgun
  • Like 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

You can choose between steamVR and openXR by forcing it in a shortcut.

1. Create a shortcut of DCS.exe
2. Right click the shortcut and select properties
3. In the target field add:  --force_OpenXR  or:  --force_steam_VR

example: "D:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --force_OpenXR

Something else. If your VRsession freezes and you use openXR toolkit. It probably is because you enabled "turbo mode". Then reset openXR toolkit.

1. Open openXR toolkit and select "enable safe mode" Then start DCS
2. In DCS you can enter the openXR toolkit menu and in the last header-option select reset settings to default and confirm.

DCS-OPenXR and "turbo mode" seems to be an issue. DCS-Opencomposite might work with "turbo mode"

Hope it helps,

ps (I do recognize the slight frustration that its not easy to find anything fast on the intewebs. Cheers)

Edited by piXel496
erroneous
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, piXel496 said:

You can choose between steamVR and openXR by forcing it in a shortcut.

1. Create a shortcut of DCS.exe
2. Right click the shortcut and select properties
3. In the target field add:  --force_steam_VR  or:  --force_steam_VR

example: "D:\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --force_OpenXR

Something else. If your VRsession freezes and you use openXR toolkit. It probably is because you enabled "turbo mode". Then reset openXR toolkit.

1. Open openXR toolkit and select "enable safe mode" Then start DCS
2. In DCS you can enter the openXR toolkit menu and in the last header-option select reset settings to default and confirm.

DCS-OPenXR and "turbo mode" seems to be an issue. DCS-Opencomposite might work with "turbo mode"

Hope it helps,

ps (I do recognize the slight frustration that its not easy to find anything fast on the intewebs. Cheers)

Thank you for your answer

On 1/28/2023 at 9:44 AM, Versor said:

How can i switch between SteamVr and OpenXr version. Why i always need to read half of internet to do somethings. Couple of days ago i was not abble to run DCS in Steam Vr version. Now i cant run with OpenXr. 

If you use Opencomposite, it's executable has a button, to use Opencomposite with OpenXR, or use SteamVR. That's litterally about the only interface it has.

Or, you just start SteamVR and it reverts back to it automatically, and if you want to use OpenComposite again you just click the Opencomposite executable and enable it again instead of SteamVR

When using Opencomposite, SteamVR is bypassed totally, not used at all. You use the openXR toolkit in your games once you get in there instead of the settings in Steamvr. But like I said, it takes 5 seconds to switch between SteamVR and Opencomposite

And I've not had an issue with using Turbo mode in IL2, DCS, or Elite Dangerous. I'm not sure I still have it turned on, I really couldn't see the difference with it.

Edited by Hootman9104

2 hours ago, Hootman9104 said:

If you use Opencomposite, it's executable has a button, to use Opencomposite with OpenXR, or use SteamVR. That's litterally about the only interface it has.

Or, you just start SteamVR and it reverts back to it automatically, and if you want to use OpenComposite again you just click the Opencomposite executable and enable it again instead of SteamVR

When using Opencomposite, SteamVR is bypassed totally, not used at all. You use the openXR toolkit in your games once you get in there instead of the settings in Steamvr. But like I said, it takes 5 seconds to switch between SteamVR and Opencomposite

And I've not had an issue with using Turbo mode in IL2, DCS, or Elite Dangerous. I'm not sure I still have it turned on, I really couldn't see the difference with it.

I can't use Opencomposite. I don't know why but i have black screen after when i start DCS. 

On 1/26/2023 at 4:13 AM, 71st_Mastiff said:

finally working.

thisunchecked.jpg

Pimax8KX here, too. Where did you get that "DCS World (DCS.exe)" entry? I just have "OpenComposite_DCS(DCS.exe)". My HMD ran fine before these updates, now I face micro-stuttering.

On 1/23/2023 at 7:00 AM, Bader242 said:

Update: 

OpenXR is now working for me.  I launch a VR session via the Skate Zilla DCS Updater software.  Under App.Settings, select Rendering Driver as SteamVR API and then launch the VR session by clicking 'VR On' from the left side options.  This was after running the 'Per Game' install of Open Composite discussed above.

However, having now got OpenXR working at circa 52fps, I have to say I am now returning to my original set up without Open XR as explained in the link below.  I get 72fps with this method.

Per tidbits on the web, I have tried getting OpenXR to work better than native Oculus in DCS, and I can't come anywhere close.  I get best performance using OTT/Oculus.  Bonus is it's the easiest method to setup and run. 🙂  

System: Core i9 10980XE @ 4.00GHz -- MB: X299 UD4 Pro -- 32GB RAM -- RTX4070ti -- 1TB Intel NVMe x2 -- Win10 pro

• ED Team

for people having upside down issues please remove necksaferVR app if you have it, it is creating problems apparently 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. 

I encounter issues with VR since the latest update. 

I have a reverb G2, I used to play through OpenComposite. No issues, good performance. 

Since the latest update, I can't open DCS through OpenXR with the command line. It's opening the game in 2D, even if WMR is on and working.

But if I use OpenComposite to switch to SteamVR, then the shortcut works and it's launching in VR. 

What should I try to revert to OpenXR? 

Thanks 🙂

On 2/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, El Chapo said:

Hello. 

I encounter issues with VR since the latest update. 

I have a reverb G2, I used to play through OpenComposite. No issues, good performance. 

Since the latest update, I can't open DCS through OpenXR with the command line. It's opening the game in 2D, even if WMR is on and working.

But if I use OpenComposite to switch to SteamVR, then the shortcut works and it's launching in VR. 

What should I try to revert to OpenXR? 

Thanks 🙂

Hmmmm..I did find an issue with OpenComposite in EliteDangerous, I was using a third party tool to change all the cockpit colors, and it did not like that, crashed on startup.

I am not sure what that had to do with anything, it's just a color change, but taking that out and it launched fine.

Are you using any third party mods or anything other than trying to launch a clean version of DCS in Steam (other than the executable --force_OpenXR, I have that in the command line and it works fine with that)