New VSN F-4B/C

I served in Hermes in the 1970's when she was an LPH but I heard that they did try landing an F4 on her at some point before she was converted to her LPH role.  I dont think it was a success, for pretty much the same reasons that you are finding. AND, they had to crane it off, no way could her cats launch that bird. 

Bungo was making an Ark Royal R09 but there has been nothing from him on that score for over a year, so thats not in the pipeline any more sadly.

The best alternative I have is a conversion of the Forrestal deck to a Brit look a like, which works fine of course being a CVN.  

26 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

I served in Hermes in the 1970's when she was an LPH but I heard that they did try landing an F4 on her at some point before she was converted to her LPH role.  I dont think it was a success, for pretty much the same reasons that you are finding. AND, they had to crane it off, no way could her cats launch that bird. 

Bungo was making an Ark Royal R09 but there has been nothing from him on that score for over a year, so thats not in the pipeline any more sadly.

The best alternative I have is a conversion of the Forrestal deck to a Brit look a like, which works fine of course being a CVN.  

Yes, from my research it looks like they did trials with the Phantom in 68/69 I think. They could have made it work, but to get the weight down that meant cutting the fuel load. So on station time would have dropped from 2.5 hours to 1.5 hours and yes, the cats and arresting gear would have needed an upgrade it they were going to last more than a week.😂

I found some FAA skins for the A-4 SkyHawk so...... I made a FRS.1 SeaHawk😂. It's a prefect fit for Hermes, not sure why it was not looked at🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

Have you ever sat in an A4 pit, its TINY, I'm sure all the pilots were dwarfs !!!!  I'm 6ft 1in and I could not get into it, at all.  Im joking of course but taller guys must have had a rough time flying that aircraft.  

Speaking of which....here's a website devoted to real-world A-4 stories, including a very tall pilot getting out of the plane via ejection....use Ctrl+F and search for "Skyhawk Tight Fit!"

Edited by VZ_342
  • Like 1

This is the F-4E with a RN skin on Hermes without the folding wings. Still working on the skin for the F-B/C with the folding wing.

While it's correct that Hermes never deployed with the Phantom it might be fun for "What if" scenarios. Same with my FRS.1 SeaHawk😂.

I'm all in to help if anyone want to do a Sea Vixen and or Buccaneer. Even if they are only ai.

Screen_240219_183123.jpg

Screen_240219_183154.jpg

Screen_240219_183224.jpg

Screen_240219_183247.jpg

Screen_240219_183256.jpg

Screen_240219_183334.jpg

Screen_240218_132544.jpg

Screen_240219_183058.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been flying the F-4C for awhile now, in the A/A config. It's fun and all, but then I decided to try bombing runs...did you know it can carry 24 Mk 82?

Heh heh heh....

Turn left switch to ripple, right switch to "all", master arm on...so awesome to watch 24 Pickles of Doom™ fall away and WHOOOMP WHOOOMP WHOOOMP in a good ground coverage! So much fun!

Tomorrow I'll try to aim at something LOL!

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Dallenbach:

This clip is 7 years old. I think the project is dead.

Sorry for getting off topic.

But regarding the Bucc I can get a good 3d Model for the Bucc (incl. Cockpit).

• Like 1

@CarloVecchi

I suggest you talk with @joey45

He has one in progress.

Perhaps the two of you could collaborate?

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."