Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Hello CH,

As always I am messing around in crazy scenarios in mission editor and noticed that the 3M55M, YJ-18, and YJ-21 all have issues being intercepted, now I know these are designed to be extremely difficult to intercept, but I am seeing cases where the interceptors (in this case) SM-3, SM-6, SM-2MR bIII, PAC-3MSE, PAC-2 GEM/T, and AMRAAM-ER) all can fail to take out the missile even if it manages to contact it and detonate, I have seen an SM-3/ PAC-3MSE smash into it, explode and the missile continues on. I have noticed if I slow the game down and watch the interception it enables it to actually take out the opposing missile (generally at 1/8 speed). Is this due to game limitations, or DCS having issues registering proximity fuses at these extreme speeds?

It also seems a bit odd that intercepting missiles dive down on the incoming missiles making the intercept that much more challenging, but what do I know.

As always that you for your time!

On 9/10/2023 at 10:45 AM, currenthill said:

image.pngProject 22350 Admiral Gorshkov Class Frigate (Russia) version 1.5.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.5.0

• Changed 9M96M to 9M96D
  • Changed A-192M firing rate
  • Changed asset name to Admiral Gorshkov
  • Changed missile smoke thickness
  • Changed radar ECM burn through rate
  • Fixed ship collision model and helicopter deck clipping

Now that we're on the subject of Russian warships, I'd like to bring up two items.  Firstly, I did a livery for Admiral Golovko, the third ship of the Admiral Gorshkov/Project 22350-class ships.  It has the pennant number 456, and after quite a lot of work, I managed to put the name on not just the Diff layer, but also the Norm and Roughmet layers.  Another livery I did was for Admiral Gorshkov - I added a Z and a V symbol to its funnel (invasion markings for the Russian invasion of Ukraine), as seen during a (controversial) joint naval exercise in South Africa with the People's Liberation Army Navy of China in February of this year.  Once I do more work to fine-tune these liveries, I'll send them to you.  

Secondly, I suggest the Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates, aka Project 11356R.  Three ships are active as part of the Black Sea Fleet, taking part in the ongoing war against Ukraine, Another three vessels are slated to be exported to India - they remain under construction at the time of writing (according to Wikipedia).  These ships would feel right at home in the Caucasus map.  These ships are around 410 feet or 125m meters long, and 50 feet or 15.2 meters wide, with a draft of 14 feet or 4.2 meters.  They're equipped with the A190 100mm naval gun (as seen on some Project 20380 and Project 22800 ships).  They're also fitted with 8 VLS cells in a 2-by-4 configuration for 3M54T and 3M55 anti-ship cruise missiles, and 3M14T land attack cruise missiles.  Another set of VLS cells in a 2-by-12 layout allows for the firing of 9M317 surface-to-air missiles.  For close-in air defense, it comes with two AK-630 rotary cannons.  Some of the onboard systems and sensors are not much dissimilar to Admiral Gorshkov, so I believe that some coding can be "carried over" should you decide to make an Admiral Grigorovich for DCS.   

I've found a (rather expensive 3d model of the Admiral Grigorovich - if there are cheaper 3d models out there, do let me know.  

https://free3d.com/3d-model/admiral-grigorovich-4470.html

Hi, CurrentHill. I really like your models. I would also like to play as infantrymen myself using the Combined Arms mod, but for some units I see that the option is not available, I can play as infantry with DSHK, but I cannot play as an infantryman with Javelin from the American Infantry mod, I would like to know is this problem on my side? I'm using the latest DCS Open Beta 

• Like 1

Hello CH 
Thank you for all your efforts. 
would you consider adding guerilla warfare assets such as Toyota trucks with 106guns or missile launchers,  cheap drones and ...etc.? 

Thanks

CPU :Intel® Core i5-4690K CPU @3.50GHz 3.50GHz GPU :RX 580 Sapphire |RAM : 16GB | SSD 500GB & 1TB Samsung | Flight gear : T.16000 FCS Flight Pack

⚡ Wishlist :    F-117 Nighthawk  | F-14D Super Tomcat |  F-111 Aardvark | P-38M Lightning   ⚡

🇰🇷K239 Chunmoo

✅Main characteristics
Weight: 31 tons
Length: 9 meters
Height: 3.3 meters
Crew: 3 people
Speed: 80 km/h
Engine power: 450 hp

The K239 Chunmoo is a South Korean multiple launch rocket system developed in 2013 to replace the obsolete K136 Kooryong in the armed forces of the Republic of Korea.

It is a self-propelled multiple launch rocket system (MLRS) capable of launching several different guided or unguided artillery rockets.

The K239 is capable of launching 131mm K33 rockets, but not 130mm rockets (such as K30, K37 and K38) used in the previous K136 Kooryong rocket artillery system.
The K239 launcher carries two launchers that can accommodate three types of missiles:
20 131 mm K33 unguided rockets, previously used on the K136 Kooryong, with a range of up to 36 km (40 in total).
6 230 mm KM26A2 unguided rockets, based on the 227 mm M26 unguided rocket used in the M270 MLRS, also in service with the South Korean army, with a range of up to 45 km (12 in total).
6 239-mm guided missiles with either a high-explosive warhead or a cluster warhead containing hundreds of bombs, with a range of up to 80 km (12 in total).

The 239 mm rockets are 3.96 m long and are controlled using GPS. The missile is designed to be equipped with two types of warheads: a high-explosive warhead designed as a bunker-killer, or a cluster warhead with hundreds of bombs for use against infantry in a wide range.

Two different types of rocket pods can be charged at the same time. The missile pod can fire six 239mm rockets in 30 seconds and a total of 12 rockets in a minute. You can reload two rocket pods in seven minutes. The launch vehicle is based on an 8x8 Doosan DST K239L truck chassis, with an armored cabin that protects the 3-person crew from small arms fire and artillery shell fragments, and also provides protection against weapons of mass destruction.

photo_2023-09-12_17-41-20.jpg

photo_2023-09-12_17-41-19.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/10/2023 at 9:51 AM, Serg5 said:
Your works are very cool!

Are there any plans to make more Tiger Cornet and TOS-1A Solntsepek?

It might happen. 

On 9/10/2023 at 3:42 PM, vitae said:

Hey, I love your assets, I wanted to give a suggestion, would it be possible for you to make Istanbul Class frigates? 

If I find suitable models.

On 9/11/2023 at 1:40 AM, Gundamator said:

CH, any plans to add the Zumwalt with its soon to be added hypersonic missiles? My understanding is that you are already being futuristic with the Type 26 so this shouldn't be unprecedented. 

I've been looking into it. 

On 9/11/2023 at 2:38 AM, mattjonesgr9 said:

Can you please if possible add a Astute class sub to the UK assets please ?

1440x673-new_ne120344049.jpg

Definitely possible.

On 9/11/2023 at 10:10 PM, Vegabond said:

Hello CH,

As always I am messing around in crazy scenarios in mission editor and noticed that the 3M55M, YJ-18, and YJ-21 all have issues being intercepted, now I know these are designed to be extremely difficult to intercept, but I am seeing cases where the interceptors (in this case) SM-3, SM-6, SM-2MR bIII, PAC-3MSE, PAC-2 GEM/T, and AMRAAM-ER) all can fail to take out the missile even if it manages to contact it and detonate, I have seen an SM-3/ PAC-3MSE smash into it, explode and the missile continues on. I have noticed if I slow the game down and watch the interception it enables it to actually take out the opposing missile (generally at 1/8 speed). Is this due to game limitations, or DCS having issues registering proximity fuses at these extreme speeds?

It also seems a bit odd that intercepting missiles dive down on the incoming missiles making the intercept that much more challenging, but what do I know.

As always that you for your time!

Hm, strange. I checked all missiles, and they definitely have their collision models. I will look into this more. 

On 9/12/2023 at 3:45 AM, HighMaintenanceB said:

Now that we're on the subject of Russian warships, I'd like to bring up two items.  Firstly, I did a livery for Admiral Golovko, the third ship of the Admiral Gorshkov/Project 22350-class ships.  It has the pennant number 456, and after quite a lot of work, I managed to put the name on not just the Diff layer, but also the Norm and Roughmet layers.  Another livery I did was for Admiral Gorshkov - I added a Z and a V symbol to its funnel (invasion markings for the Russian invasion of Ukraine), as seen during a (controversial) joint naval exercise in South Africa with the People's Liberation Army Navy of China in February of this year.  Once I do more work to fine-tune these liveries, I'll send them to you.  

Secondly, I suggest the Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates, aka Project 11356R.  Three ships are active as part of the Black Sea Fleet, taking part in the ongoing war against Ukraine, Another three vessels are slated to be exported to India - they remain under construction at the time of writing (according to Wikipedia).  These ships would feel right at home in the Caucasus map.  These ships are around 410 feet or 125m meters long, and 50 feet or 15.2 meters wide, with a draft of 14 feet or 4.2 meters.  They're equipped with the A190 100mm naval gun (as seen on some Project 20380 and Project 22800 ships).  They're also fitted with 8 VLS cells in a 2-by-4 configuration for 3M54T and 3M55 anti-ship cruise missiles, and 3M14T land attack cruise missiles.  Another set of VLS cells in a 2-by-12 layout allows for the firing of 9M317 surface-to-air missiles.  For close-in air defense, it comes with two AK-630 rotary cannons.  Some of the onboard systems and sensors are not much dissimilar to Admiral Gorshkov, so I believe that some coding can be "carried over" should you decide to make an Admiral Grigorovich for DCS.   

I've found a (rather expensive 3d model of the Admiral Grigorovich - if there are cheaper 3d models out there, do let me know.  

https://free3d.com/3d-model/admiral-grigorovich-4470.html

Very possible if I find a suitable model. That's one expensive low poly model. 😅

On 9/12/2023 at 10:44 AM, CatsArmy said:

Hi, CurrentHill. I really like your models. I would also like to play as infantrymen myself using the Combined Arms mod, but for some units I see that the option is not available, I can play as infantry with DSHK, but I cannot play as an infantryman with Javelin from the American Infantry mod, I would like to know is this problem on my side? I'm using the latest DCS Open Beta 

In general I try to make all my assets playable. The exception is where a certain weapon cannot be playable because of more advanced guidance systems, like missiles not IR guided. Another main exception is mobile infantry, where the soldier will lose balance and fall over when player controlled. This should be solvable in the future. So your example with the Javelin isn't player controllable because it's mobile infantry. Hopefully I will get this (and other mobile soldiers) fixed soon.

On 9/12/2023 at 1:59 PM, -Cipher- said:

Hello CH 
Thank you for all your efforts. 
would you consider adding guerilla warfare assets such as Toyota trucks with 106guns or missile launchers,  cheap drones and ...etc.? 

Thanks

Thanks! Not a priority, but you never know. 

3 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

🇰🇷K239 Chunmoo

✅Main characteristics
Weight: 31 tons
Length: 9 meters
Height: 3.3 meters
Crew: 3 people
Speed: 80 km/h
Engine power: 450 hp

The K239 Chunmoo is a South Korean multiple launch rocket system developed in 2013 to replace the obsolete K136 Kooryong in the armed forces of the Republic of Korea.

It is a self-propelled multiple launch rocket system (MLRS) capable of launching several different guided or unguided artillery rockets.

The K239 is capable of launching 131mm K33 rockets, but not 130mm rockets (such as K30, K37 and K38) used in the previous K136 Kooryong rocket artillery system.
The K239 launcher carries two launchers that can accommodate three types of missiles:
20 131 mm K33 unguided rockets, previously used on the K136 Kooryong, with a range of up to 36 km (40 in total).
6 230 mm KM26A2 unguided rockets, based on the 227 mm M26 unguided rocket used in the M270 MLRS, also in service with the South Korean army, with a range of up to 45 km (12 in total).
6 239-mm guided missiles with either a high-explosive warhead or a cluster warhead containing hundreds of bombs, with a range of up to 80 km (12 in total).

The 239 mm rockets are 3.96 m long and are controlled using GPS. The missile is designed to be equipped with two types of warheads: a high-explosive warhead designed as a bunker-killer, or a cluster warhead with hundreds of bombs for use against infantry in a wide range.

Two different types of rocket pods can be charged at the same time. The missile pod can fire six 239mm rockets in 30 seconds and a total of 12 rockets in a minute. You can reload two rocket pods in seven minutes. The launch vehicle is based on an 8x8 Doosan DST K239L truck chassis, with an armored cabin that protects the 3-person crew from small arms fire and artillery shell fragments, and also provides protection against weapons of mass destruction.

photo_2023-09-12_17-41-20.jpg

photo_2023-09-12_17-41-19.jpg

I've been looking for a suitable model for some time. 

1 hour ago, ruddy122 said:

Stupid question how do you close the Bomb Bay Doors in B-21

They are automatic, completely controlled by AI.

• Like 4

Maybe some liveries for the Swedish stuff to reflect exports?  Or maybe get rid of the Swedish Flag on the STRB 90 FAC?  It's used by multiple countries.  The 90 series vehicles are also used by many countries too, not to mention the list for the HKP 15 B is huge.  I've updated the GT.Country files for many of these to reflect that already. 

Edited by CRUD

10 hours ago, currenthill said:

Very possible if I find a suitable model. That's one expensive low poly model. 😅

Yeah, I know - I'll keep looking in the meantime.  There's a far better 3d model but it's even more absurdly expensive - 800 dollars (8903.5 SEK or 745.2 EUR).  I honestly doubt anyone in the right mind is willing to spend this sort of money.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-project-11356-admiral-essen/1040610 

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/project-11356-admiral-grigorovich-max/1040061

• Like 2

В 10.09.2023 в 17:45, currenthill сказал:

image.pngProject 22350 Admiral Gorshkov Class Frigate (Russia) version 1.5.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.5.0

• Changed 9M96M to 9M96D
  • Changed A-192M firing rate
  • Changed asset name to Admiral Gorshkov
  • Changed missile smoke thickness
  • Changed radar ECM burn through rate
  • Fixed ship collision model and helicopter deck clipping

With this mod the game won't load for me. with the version 1.4.1 everything worked

Edited by ВитаLiy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BluePhantom said:

Oops! I hadn't noticed the change in format. Thanks for the clarification. Great work and much appreciated!

No problem, I had to remove the direct links since the bandwidth required for all the downloads forced me to be switching between hosting providers very frequently. And it became too much work to update all the individual links every time. 😅

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 3

On 9/13/2023 at 6:35 PM, currenthill said:

It might happen. 

If I find suitable models.

I've been looking into it. 

Definitely possible.

Hm, strange. I checked all missiles, and they definitely have their collision models. I will look into this more. 

In general I try to make all my assets playable. The exception is where a certain weapon cannot be playable because of more advanced guidance systems, like missiles not IR guided. Another main exception is mobile infantry, where the soldier will lose balance and fall over when player controlled. This should be solvable in the future. So your example with the Javelin isn't player controllable because it's mobile infantry. Hopefully I will get this (and other mobile soldiers) fixed soon.

Thanks! Not a priority, but you never know. 

I've been looking for a suitable model for some time. 

They are automatic, completely controlled by AI.

How can I reach to you, can you pass me your Discord ID via DM?

12 hours ago, vitae said:

How can I reach to you, can you pass me your Discord ID via DM?

It's pretty straight forward - currenthill.

3 hours ago, Ironghost said:

Currenthill do you plan to increase the thickness of the smoke on the Type 26 frigate too?

DCS 2023-09-15 14-49-18.png

Yep, everything I learn while developing new assets I put on a list. So that when I prepare to update an older asset I always go through that list and make sure everything gets updated to the latest standard. 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"REZKIY"

✅ Technical characteristics:
Length: more than 104.5 meters.
Displacement: 2250 t (full)
Speed: 27 knots
Crew: 100 people

"Rezkiy" is a Russian multi-purpose corvette with guided missile weapons for the near and far sea zone of the Russian Navy.

Designed for patrolling, combating enemy surface and submarine ships, and supporting amphibious assault in the near sea zone.

The ship is built according to a modular design, which makes it possible to install new weapons and electronic weapons systems on them without major alterations and time-consuming. The basic principles laid down in the corvette design are multifunctionality, compactness, stealth, automation of ship systems, and increased ship survivability. The life cycle of the ship is determined to be 30 years.

The corvette's hull is smooth-deck steel. Thanks to the new contours of the underwater part of the hull, water resistance is reduced from 5% to 25%, depending on the speed. The ship's superstructure is made of modern multilayer composite materials with structural reinforcement using carbon fiber-based materials. The shape of the superstructure is designed using so-called “stealth technology” in order to reduce radar signature.
At the stern there is a hangar with a landing pad for a Ka-27 helicopter.

The main power plant is a two-shaft diesel engine. The installation is based on two diesel-diesel units DDA12 000, each of which includes two diesel engines 16D49.

Armament
2 × 4 Uran-U launchers with Kh-35 anti-ship missiles
3 × 4 VPU air defense missile system "Redut"
2 × 6 × 30 mm AK-630M-06 artillery mounts
1 × 1 × 100 mm A-190 artillery mount
2 × 4 324-mm torpedo tubes with torpedoes of the Packet-NK complex
2 × 1 × 14.5 mm machine gun mounts
2 × 2 anti-sabotage grenade launcher DP-64 “Nepryadva”
Man-portable anti-aircraft missile system "Igla-S"

photo_2023-09-14_17-27-58 (2).jpg

photo_2023-09-14_17-27-58.jpg

Edited by RaptorFighter
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, pabel89 said:

CH MANPADS Igla:book:

Although, I guess the author meant the ship. 

Correct, since you guys always guess my assets so quickly I thought I'd try to make it harder this time. 😅

Here is another one. 

Skärmbild 2023-09-17 001011.jpg

• Like 7