Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

3 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

@currenthilla bit of feedback if I may... can you please put the README & VERSION in with each mod under the tech folder so that when I check your mods I know they're the latest.  Thanks!

This is what I'm doing:

image.png

The reason for the current placement of the two files is compatibility with OvGME. You just put the OvGME package (zip file) in the configured folder and enable/disable it. And the version information is shown in the GUI.

image.png

• Thanks 3

Fantastic Mods, Currenthill ! 👏 Your ships, as well as your missiles, tanks and infantry are absolutely amazing ! 👍 IMHO, your superior quality contributions and comprehensive sharing to the DCS arena is unequalled ! 😉

I have one question concerning the Chinese HHQ-9B long range SAM missile. I have observed in my missions that one single HHQ-9B launched from a Type 052D or 055 Destroyer can kill an E-3D AWACS flying 120 nm away at FL350 🤔 That seems a performance, indeed 🙂 The E-3D dives desperately down to 400 ft ASL, but still can't escape the missile that flew up to 75000 ft, before hitting the very low flying AWACS 🙁 most of all, neither the stock DCS Patriot and NASAAM, nor the Swedish Iris simultaneously active sites can intercept it.... A nearby (80 nm) modernized Arleigh Burke and Ticonderoga fired also a single SM-6, without success. So, I'm very puzzled about the way to counter that missile. Your help is welcome. Many thanks for all your super Mods ! 👏

Edited by toan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, toan said:

Fantastic Mods, Currenthill ! 👏 Your ships, as well as your missiles, tanks and infantry are absolutely amazing ! 👍 IMHO, your superior quality contributions and comprehensive sharing to the DCS arena is unequalled ! 😉

I have one question concerning the Chinese HHQ-9B long range SAM missile. I have observed in my missions that one single HHQ-9B launched from a Type 052D or 055 Destroyer can kill an E-3D AWACS flying 120 nm away at FL350 🤔 That seems a performance, indeed 🙂 The E-3D dives desperately down to 400 ft ASL, but still can't escape the missile that flew up to 75000 ft, before hitting the very low flying AWACS 🙁 most of all, neither the stock DCS Patriot and NASAAM, nor the Swedish Iris simultaneously active sites can intercept it.... A nearby (80 nm) modernized Arleigh Burke and Ticonderoga fired also a single SM-6, without success. So, I'm very puzzled about the way to counter that missile. Your help is welcome. Many thanks for all your super Mods ! 👏

Thank you for the kind words. 👍🏻

The HHQ-9B is indeed a very long range missile (in accordance to OSINT I should clarify). Don't forget that AWACS are pretty easy targets compared to high G maneuvering low RCS fighters.  Unfortunately you won't get any help from the ground or ship based SAMs you mentioned, since they won't target and engage a surface to air missile, that's by DCS design.

3 hours ago, Lt.Turbo said:

Interesting, thanks for the link! 👍🏻

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 2

Just now, chen said:

Hi , Currenthill : when will you release the Pantsir mod ? I'm waiting for it for a whole week !!!

Haha, a whole week. I bet that's annoying. 😜

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, chen said:

Hi , Currenthill : when will you release the Pantsir mod ? I'm waiting for it for a whole week !!!

It would be nice to respect those who give us presents... they're not paid and are therefore not at our service  😉

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, chen said:

Yes , of course , if these last pictures is a newest mod  ?

Yep, it's the Chinese Type 625E SPAAGM with a six barrel gatling gun and 8 x FB-10A short range surface to air missile.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, currenthill said:

This is a dangerous duo.

image.jpeg

Its very interesting to see the difference in size between the HQ-17 and Type 625, I thought they'd be roughly comparable but I was mistaken! 

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 2

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

On 3/13/2023 at 10:32 PM, bennyboy9800 said:

Its very interesting to see the difference in size between the HQ-17 and Type 625, I thought they'd be roughly comparable but I was mistaken! 

Yeah, it's always hard to find exact dimensions, especially for the Chinese assets. But the HQ-17A is based on a variant of the MZKT 6922 chassis which is deceptively large with it's almost 10 meters length. 😅

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Yeah, it's always hard to find exact dimensions, especially for the Chinese assets. But the HQ-17A is based on a variant of the MZKT 6922 chassis which is deceptively large with it's almost 10 meters length. 😅

Do you plan to make Tor M2E (I'm sure you already understand that its basically the same as HQ-17A) and Buk M2E using the same chassis? 

• Like 2

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

19 hours ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Do you plan to make Tor M2E (I'm sure you already understand that its basically the same as HQ-17A) and Buk M2E using the same chassis? 

It would take some model changes, but I never say never. 👍🏻

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, akitaken said:

Hello Currenthill, are you thinking of creating Chinese, Russian... packs like the "swedish military assets" ?

Good question. I'm actually not really sure how I want to proceed. For my own use I like the assets pack, it keeps it simple to enable/disable and I can put a prefix to easily identify the assets in game. But the asset packs tend to get really big which a lot of users don't like. The Swedish pack is around 12 GB at the moment. And the Swedish pack isn't really a pack at the moment either, it's more of a bundle of separate assets in a large zip. 

So I'd love to get more user input on this matter. 👌🏻

• Like 1

image.pngPantsir SPAAGM 1.1.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.1.0

• Release version

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.pngPGL-625 SPAAGM 1.0.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.0

• Release version

image.jpeg

image.pngHQ-17A 1.0.0 released!