Meta Quest Pro Settings

Ginsu80

21 minutes ago, slughead said:

Excellent! When I asked about this I got the distinct impression he was very passed off with meta and wouldn’t waste any more time on the Quest. I wonder what changed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds like someone stayed after him until he finally relented and agreed lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'm still very much pissed at them for 2 things:

- developer mode fiasco, hiding your features behind this very unreliable developer mode which is causing a lot of people coming to me with their issues (while it's a Meta issue)

- most importantly they are the vendor in the best position to make a positive impact to the PCVR gaming industry, yet they seem to create more barriers instead of taking them down. The eye tracking data as a vendor-specific API is a great example of how you discourage developers from implementing these techs.

What I'm doing with the upcoming "Meta-Foveated" project, I am not doing it for them. I am doing it to promote the streamlining of these technologies. I'm doing it because I want more developers to use these techs and implement foveated rendering in their games.

I'm doing it because I think we deserve a good PCVR gaming Ecosystem. Because you deserve a delightful VR experience!!

And in the process, I can say I wrote this project in 4 evenings, on a laptop, while watching garbage TV with my wife and my bunny. If I can do that, then Meta's large $$$ has no excuses to not be doing it themselves.

Edit: don't get me wrong, I am not disparaging the skills and competence of Meta's engineers. I've met them and they are great. Their leadership is probably asking them to not spend resources on PCVR, which is the issue.

6 hours ago, TZeer said:

Maybe no need for ASW soon

FYI the first version will not be compatible with ASW. It looks like the Oculus runtime cannot do ASW when you submit multiple projections. I'm looking into an alternative.

Edit: Taking this ASW thing back. Solved it, it will be supported Day 1.

Edited by mbucchia
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

7 hours ago, mbucchia said:

I'm still very much pissed at them for 2 things:

- developer mode fiasco, hiding your features behind this very unreliable developer mode which is causing a lot of people coming to me with their issues (while it's a Meta issue)

- most importantly they are the vendor in the best position to make a positive impact to the PCVR gaming industry, yet they seem to create more barriers instead of taking them down. The eye tracking data as a vendor-specific API is a great example of how you discourage developers from implementing these techs.

What I'm doing with the upcoming "Meta-Foveated" project, I am not doing it for them. I am doing it to promote the streamlining of these technologies. I'm doing it because I want more developers to use these techs and implement foveated rendering in their games.

I'm doing it because I think we deserve a good PCVR gaming Ecosystem. Because you deserve a delightful VR experience!!

And in the process, I can say I wrote this project in 4 evenings, on a laptop, while watching garbage TV with my wife and my bunny. If I can do that, then Meta's large $$$ has no excuses to not be doing it themselves.

Edit: don't get me wrong, I am not disparaging the skills and competence of Meta's engineers. I've met them and they are great. Their leadership is probably asking them to not spend resources on PCVR, which is the issue.

FYI the first version will not be compatible with ASW. It looks like the Oculus runtime cannot do ASW when you submit multiple projections. I'm looking into an alternative.

Edit: Taking this ASW thing back. Solved it, it will be supported Day 1.

Thank you 🙏🏻 

It’s a drop in a bucket but I’ll put a ticket up on their end and if enough of us complain Meta will [eventually] take notice 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TZeer said:

@Nikoel where do I put the ticket? And what should I put in it?

And is it still only Nvidia cards that will support DFR in DCS? 

It's a rather good question. Meta has tickets on Facebook, the Meta website and the oculus legacy website, on top of that there is business support, developer support and customer support. I just went here: https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/topic/quest_software/ selected the bottom "other" and clicked on email and submitted a ticket that way. Hell knows if it's remotely correct way of doing things

The forum seems to be more of what DCS forum is like, it's mostly bunch of bitchin' and moaning among the die-hards about issues that have plagued for a while, new bugs and staff closing threads with 'can not reproduce' with an occasional helpful post (hits close to home...?) 

AMD only supports DFR in DX12 - DCS is DX11 (with bolt-ons) therefore any AMD graphic card holders (like me) will be left on the side of the road on this one. Regardless if it benefits me, Im glad for those who have paid the nvidia tax and getting something for it

This is what I wrote, since I am far from competent in the topic of VR Development  it's as closely based on what Mbucchia wrote in his post as possible: 

"Folks you need to fix your fundamental approach to development. First, hiding your features behind this very unreliable developer mode which is causing a lot of people coming to OpenXR Devs with their issues (while it's a Meta issue)

Most importantly you are the vendor in the best position to make a positive impact to the PCVR gaming industry, yet you seem to create more barriers instead of taking them down. For example, the eye tracking data as a vendor-specific API is a great example of how you discourage developers from implementing these technologies

VR will continue being a mess as long as you keep segregating technologies. OpenXR exists and is supported across all respected vendors for a reason. Developers have better things to do than to code for every seperate API out there"

Edited by nikoel
  • Like 2

A bit off topic... does anyone else have issues with Pro headset, when Win11 waking up from Sleep mode? Headset is not being recognized. I have to or restart headset, or just unplug and plug back in the Quest Link cable. I have my headset constantly connected with a USB-C cable (I also tried to connect into USB 2.0 port, same result). I also asked on the meta help forum, but I actually didn't get any solutiuon. Would just like to know if I am the only one with this kind of an issue.

7 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

A bit off topic... does anyone else have issues with Pro headset, when Win11 waking up from Sleep mode? Headset is not being recognized. I have to or restart headset, or just unplug and plug back in the Quest Link cable. I have my headset constantly connected with a USB-C cable (I also tried to connect into USB 2.0 port, same result). I also asked on the meta help forum, but I actually didn't get any solutiuon. Would just like to know if I am the only one with this kind of an issue.

Rarely I think. Sometimes the app and the headset get a bit "confused" so a restart of one or the other or both is in order. Not sure if that is one wake from sleep though as I've never really thought about it too hard. I think it's usually after messing about in the OTT or ODT. I'll keep it in mind though and let you know if I have more info.

I read your post on atmeta. Hilarious support response as usual... an utterly useless lot. Just like the bunch on Microsoft support forums. Pretty sure these people are utter amateurs and have no clue about the device and software. 

5 hours ago, nikoel said:

AMD only supports DFR in DX12 - DCS is DX11 (with bolt-ons) therefore any AMD graphic card holders (like me) will be left on the side of the road on this one. Regardless if it benefits me, Im glad for those who have paid the nvidia tax and getting something for it

Oh did I not mention that because it's the quad views method, it's completely agnostic of the GPU, and there's no reason it wouldn't work on AMD card too?

• Like 4

Just now, freehand said:

I think is was more of an observation than a statement watson. 

Indeed my dear Watson lol.

Anyway, word has it that it might be released later today! Hold my beer!

30 minutes ago, mimamema said:

Meta- Foveated is coming guys...

...tic tac tic tac....

And big thanks to you! @mimamema has been my prime beta tester, helped find issues and fine-tune the experience!

I wouldn't go quite far without folks like you helping!

Edited by mbucchia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mbucchia said:

And big thanks to you! @mimamema has been my prime beta tester, helped find issues and fine-tune the experience!

I wouldn't go quite far without folks like you helping!

Well, you became the man of the year in DCS VR 2022 by creating openXR Toolkit and I think you are again now in 2023 with all the Varjo and Quest Pro Quad Views development and more to come.  Anyway, it´s always a pleasure to be able to help people like you, I hope to continue to be helpful I'm future developments. :drinks_cheers:  (feeling old using this emoji)

Edited by mimamema

I posted in the other thread (the one actually titled something "foveated rendering").

@nikoel I have not tested on AMD card because I was too lazy to pull the card out of my computer, put the AMD card in, etc. I think it should work as-is with AMD, if not, then it's probably a silly little Direct3D bug in my programming, and that should be fixable. So please let me know if you can get this to work on your AMD card!

Edited by mbucchia

5 hours ago, mbucchia said:

I posted in the other thread (the one actually titled something "foveated rendering").

@nikoel I have not tested on AMD card because I was too lazy to pull the card out of my computer, put the AMD card in, etc. I think it should work as-is with AMD, if not, then it's probably a silly little Direct3D bug in my programming, and that should be fixable. So please let me know if you can get this to work on your AMD card!

I'm sorry mbucchia but I have abandoned my AMD Thug-Lyf and as of yesterday I am now part of the 4090 Society. I got it for $500.00 off retail price brand new and needed to run LLMs and couldn't say no 😕 - It has cost me a Hackintosh partition, a wifi card and a NVME Raid card which no longer fit , it was a sacrifice

@TZeer I can't recall anymore, are you still part of the AMD Meme Team or have you moved on?

DFR Test - Set the resolution to maximum in Oculus @72hz… it… it… it still performs better 🤯

I am blown away. I always felt like DCS in VR did a low-poly bait and switch. I never quite understood why 2D looked so much better than VR even with the resolution dialed up to the moon and MSAA cranked to the tits. The shimmer in populated areas of Syria felt like FSR 1.0 Ultra Performance at 1080p

This is now a thing of the past. I am no longer sacrificing anything in VR. It looks just as good as 🥞; once immersion is accounted for it's miles ahead.

Only Meta can post 13.78 Billion Dollars of losses in VR Space and still get outdone by a talented, passionate, knowledgeable guy on a couch

Not much else to say, except for the obvious

@mbucchia is a god amongst men

Edited by nikoel
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, nikoel said:.

Only Meta can post 13.78 Billion Dollars of losses in VR Space and still get outdone by a talented, passionate, knowledgeable guy on a couch

As true as it gets ! He’s our savior. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

6 hours ago, nikoel said:

DFR Test - Set the resolution to maximum in Oculus @72hz… it… it… it still performs better 🤯

I am blown away. I always felt like DCS in VR did a low-poly bait and switch. I never quite understood why 2D looked so much better than VR even with the resolution dialed up to the moon and MSAA cranked to the tits. The shimmer in populated areas of Syria felt like FSR 1.0 Ultra Performance at 1080p

This is now a thing of the past. I am no longer sacrificing anything in VR. It looks just as good as 🥞; once immersion is accounted for it's miles ahead.

Oculus people are more than capable of this but decided or possibly told not to.