[DCS ISSUE] TCS and Multithreading

westr

there appears to be an issue with the image on the TCS when using the multithreading dcs.exe, when running the other DCS.exe (non multithreading) the image in the TCS is fine and target can be seen. In Mulththreading the screen is black and if you adjust the VDI you still cant see an image. Doing some searching this issue is discussed on Reddit. The advice given was to reduce Res of displays, or turn off MSAA. Neither of these options has worked for me. Could this be looked into.

• Thanks 3

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2023 at 5:56 AM, todd022 said:

Are we getting anywhere with this?

What do you mean? This was quickly fixed then but the latest beta 2.8.5 broke TCS/LANTIRN on PG map. [MT VR]

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• Silhou changed the title to [DCS ISSUE] TCS and Multithreading
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Joe1978 said:

Please, any update?

Last OB update: 8 June 2023

Next update: to be announced

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Still having this issue.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

• 1 month later...

I was hoping that with yesterday's patch this would be fixed, but it seems to continue

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem is back for me in open beta MT. Could HB look into please I know you patched it before. I’m running no cockpit mods 

• Like 1

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 1:55 AM, Kifter1983 said:

Same for me as well, Open beta VR MT. Display is fine when not running VR (MT or non-MT) display is also fine if running VR without MT. It's only VR MT combination the TCS and latirn display is black.

Ok, so after lots and lots of head scratching, try when you get into a mission either restarting the mission with Ctrl+R or exit to the mission editor and restart mission. It seems like the mission needs to be loaded 2-3 times then it sometimes works. If the mission is loaded first time screen is black. Which is why the instant action missions don’t seem to work. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

• 4 weeks later...

potential fix has been submitted -- nobody on our team has been able to reproduce this error, but we spotted a way in which it might be able to happen. Note that it could take up to 4-6 weeks for this to become available in openbeta, keep an eye on the DCS F-14 release notes for this issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is there a fix for this issue?? VDI within the f14 isn't useable in VR and DCS-MT. Its black or with the TGP on - its green and not showing the ground

Am 16.4.2023 um 13:52 schrieb westr:

there appears to be an issue with the image on the TCS when using the multithreading dcs.exe, when running the other DCS.exe (non multithreading) the image in the TCS is fine and target can be seen. In Mulththreading the screen is black and if you adjust the VDI you still cant see an image. Doing some searching this issue is discussed on Reddit. The advice given was to reduce Res of displays, or turn off MSAA. Neither of these options has worked for me. Could this be looked into.

is there a fix for this issue? F14 isn't usable in VR and its a shame that NOTHING happened since we all posted about this issue.

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

48 minutes ago, LOW_Hitman said:

is there a fix for this issue?? VDI within the f14 isn't useable in VR and DCS-MT. Its black or with the TGP on - its green and not showing the ground

is there a fix for this issue? F14 isn't usable in VR and its a shame that NOTHING happened since we all posted about this issue.

Load a mission in the mission editor so you’re in the cockpit. Set the tcs in the front seat and you’ll see it’s not working. Then exit the mission back into the mission editor. Reload the mission and try it again and it should work. That’s my workaround for now. Unfortunately I don’t think the quick start missions work. 

• Like 1

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

vor 1 Minute schrieb westr:

Load a mission in the mission editor so you’re in the cockpit. Set the tcs in the front seat and you’ll see it’s not working. Then exit the mission back into the mission editor. Reload the mission and try it again and it should work. That’s my workaround for now. Unfortunately I don’t think the quick start missions work. 

hi thnx! Iam only playing campaigns, so maybe a few reloads. What setting do you use for cockpit displays? mine is set to 512

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

Just now, LOW_Hitman said:

hi thnx! Iam only playing campaigns, so maybe a few reloads. What setting do you use for cockpit displays? mine is set to 512

I use 1020 or whichever it is. The higher. Hope it works for you. 

• Like 1

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

vor 1 Minute schrieb westr:

I use 1020 or whichever it is. The higher. Hope it works for you. 

thnx - i'll give it a try!

14 minutes ago, LOW_Hitman said:

thnx - i'll give it a try!

Just reading the latest OB sounds like they may have added a fix. Not sure if your on OB. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

On 10/19/2023 at 7:30 PM, LOW_Hitman said:

Iam only playing campaigns, so maybe a few reloads.

Yes, start campaign mission, exit and cancel (do not click end mission), then start the same mission again and it should work.

I didn't update to 2.9 yet to test. Same problem in 2.9.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

Curious to know whether latest OB from yesterday fixes this TCS issue on multithread for those that encountered it. Nobody on HB team was able to reproduce this, so unknown whether the potential fix works or not.

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]