NVG visible mask around NVG circle

Brainfreeze

+1 @Flappie help us! It was ok before the last update. Thank You. 🙏 

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Flappie:

I cannot replicate the issue. Could you please attach your options.lua file? (from Saved Games/DCS.../Config)

options.lua

This is my lua. It only happens in VR. As mentioned it was great in 2.9.0.47168 and broke again in 2.9.1.48111

Instead of the rectangle view (as it is in 2D) it was reverted back to the full FOV NVG view.

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

18 hours ago, Flappie said:

I cannot replicate the issue. Could you please attach your options.lua file? (from Saved Games/DCS.../Config)

My .lua

Not that the miror looks fine, only in the headset do I get that (full screen nvg with black mask where my gaze is)

Options.lua

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

I have opened a ticket with ED on this issue. It used to be like this before 2.9. Then with 2.9 it was solved and we actually had a nice NVG view (were you also could look below the googles as in real life) and no black mask moving around with the view.

18 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Thank you. I tried both your options.lua and this is what I see (I used fake VR for I'm not eqquiped for VR).

nvg F16.jpg

I'll ask some help from a fellow tester equipped for VR.

yeah that is definitely not what we see 🙄

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

46 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Thank you. I tried both your options.lua and this is what I see (I used fake VR for I'm not eqquiped for VR).

nvg F16.jpg

I'll ask some help from a fellow tester equipped for VR.

This is an issue with foveat : The mask is applied on the viewport linked to eye rendering and not on the viewport linked to global rendering, That's why the mask follow eye tracking and we have a global "NVG" FoV, without capacity to look under NVG, because mask is on wrong viewport. I'll try to provide a screenshot from Varjo tool. But you can not reproduce if you don't have foveat...

• Like 2

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

@YoYo I'm on it. I can't reproduce this by myself (I'm not equipped for VR) but I've just asked some fellow testers for help.

Thank You 👍, however pls remember that it concerns Dynamic Foveated Rendering. More reports about this issues is here:

NVG Mask.png

(not my, old picture)

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

It's OK, I'll clone the former internal bug report. 👍

Btw. the next report: 

and I found a problem, this is old version of NVG I suppose, see the differences, so its not only DFR problem for NVG, the size too, looks like old files I suppose:

Thx! 🙂

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Flappie, this is what Varjo Aero owners are seeing.  At least this is what I am seeing with this current build.  The last DCS build was awesome for the NVGs.  They looked great. They were slightly set higher so that you could look under them like in real life.  Now with this build, the NVGs cover the whole screen in the VR headset and I see this.

NVG WTF.png

• Thanks 1

PC Specs:  Intel 10850K (OC), Artic Liquid Freezer II 360, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge, 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16, MSI Ventus RTX 4080 (OC), Samsung 970 Evo+ (Holds DCS only on it)

Winwing Orion1 base/FA-18C stick, Winwing Orion2 base/FA-18C throttle, Winwing M.I.P., Winwing Take-off panel 2, MFG Crosswind v3 w/Damper, Stream Deck, DYI Simshaker w/software, Next Level Boeing Military sim-pit, HyperX Cloud Alphas, Varjo Aero (VR headset)

Modules:  FA-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-15E, AH-64D, P-51D, FC3, Most of the maps and several campaigns.

On 11/17/2023 at 5:16 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Here is a workaround which will remove the "floating mask" and the blur...Install it using OvGME or unzip it, then copy the content of the "Varjo_NVG_workaround" into the DCS install folder.

Varjo_NVG_workaround.zip 2.99 kB · 14 downloads

Aero owner here, your work around is a life saver until hopefully ED fixes the NVGs back to the way they were last patch.  Thank you sir.

PC Specs:  Intel 10850K (OC), Artic Liquid Freezer II 360, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge, 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16, MSI Ventus RTX 4080 (OC), Samsung 970 Evo+ (Holds DCS only on it)

Winwing Orion1 base/FA-18C stick, Winwing Orion2 base/FA-18C throttle, Winwing M.I.P., Winwing Take-off panel 2, MFG Crosswind v3 w/Damper, Stream Deck, DYI Simshaker w/software, Next Level Boeing Military sim-pit, HyperX Cloud Alphas, Varjo Aero (VR headset)

Modules:  FA-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-15E, AH-64D, P-51D, FC3, Most of the maps and several campaigns.

The issue is not the only DFR problem but also they back to this old, awful size. I hope they will fix it soon in the some kind of hot fix.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

16 hours ago, Fabiano-VIKING said:

Hi folks. 

After the last update the JF-17 night vision (nvg) is back to the full screen again, instead of a "cropped" circle in the middle of the screen. I noticed that in VR. I can't remember now how it is in 2D. 

Its a bug in the last patch. Example: 

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif