SAMs, Military Facilites and more for DCS: Sinai!

oibafx

New Version Released!

Current version: v2, 5th July 2023

Original Post:

Hi,

I took some time on Wikimapia and other sites to map out military installations throughout Egypt and Israel.

Please note that it is incomplete and I look forward to updating it.

If you find mistakes or locations to add, please post them here so I can update them.

Thanks & enjoy,

oibafx/Doverdown

i9G788U.jpeg

End of the original post.

Changelog

NEW: v2: Gaza Strip improvements July 5th, 2023

• Removed all units, only the marked positions remain. No mods are required now. I plan to release a version where units are placed.
  • Added locations of buildings and sites targeted and destroyed during the 2021 Israel–Palestine crisis in the Gaza Strip. Only confirmed hits, like this.
  • Added locations of rocket launch sites of Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
  • Added all missing SAM and EW sites in Egypt
  • Added Israeli's Northern Patriot Sites
  • Added Muwaffaq Salti Air Base location in Jordan (please add OnReTech!)
  • Added Hatzerim air base descriptions. Home of the IDF Air Force school.
  • Added IDF Tactical Training Center south of Hatzerim air base.

v1: First Release June 19th, 2023

• SAM Sites in Egypt and Israel
  • Description of air base components (mainly Israel)
  • Training facilities
  • Israels Jericho Sites
  • Early Warning Systems
  • Nuclear Reactor Sites (Egypt & Israel)
  • Army camps & munition depots
  • Humanitarian buildings in the Gaza Strip (for no-strike lists)
  • Further military facilities (Recon, Intel, Firing positions...)

To-do (Subject to change):

• Israeli Iron Dome sites (historical placements or at least possible placements*)
  • Map West Bank locations.
  • Add further locations of strikes in the Gaza Strip
  • Egyptian military training areas
  • Jordanian, Syrian, and Saudi Arabian SAM & EW sites
  • Tanker & AWACS tracks
  • Non-military points of interest
  • Ship routes
  • Official Waypoints

*as to not danger Israeli national security and provide information to Israeli enemies.

Please report any problems you may have. I am always happy to get any information to add. Note that this is for entertainment purposes only.

Sinai_Mapped-V2.miz

Edited by oibafx
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, oibafx said:

If you find mistakes

Hi,

Not really a mistake, but the mission makes use of two Mods: one is the well known "SAM Sites Asset Pack", but the other is identified as "CLP_E7A_MOD" ... can you point me to a download link for that Mod?

To ease the use of your work on my Missions, I intend to convert parts of it into Static Templates, so that I can add them to existing missions. Thanks a lot for sharing this 👍

Eduardo

Edit: Nevermind, I found that the CLP_E7A_MOD is the "E-7A Wedgetail" mod by @prccowboy 

🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

27 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi,

Not really a mistake, but the mission makes use of two Mods: one is the well known "SAM Sites Asset Pack", but the other is identified as "CLP_E7A_MOD" ... can you point me to a download link for that Mod?

To ease the use of your work on my Missions, I intend to convert parts of it into Static Templates, so that I can add them to existing missions. Thanks a lot for sharing this 👍

Eduardo

Edit: Nevermind, I found that the CLP_E7A_MOD is the "E-7A Wedgetail" mod by @prccowboy 

🙂

Yes sorry, mods are really important for this to work.

Sam sites asset pack (Generic Early Warning Radar): 

Edited by oibafx
  • Like 2

New version (v2) released, no more mods are required and no more units are placed. Please find the updated .miz in the original post. Enjoy!

Changelog:

• Removed all units, only the marked positions remain. No mods are required now. I plan to release a version where units are placed.
  • Added locations of buildings and sites targeted and destroyed during the 2021 Israel–Palestine crisis in the Gaza Strip. Only confirmed hits, like this.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

18 hours ago, oibafx said:

New version (v2) released, no more mods are required and no more units are placed. Please find the updated .miz in the original post. Enjoy!

Changelog:

Is there any chance this could be a pdf map/maps so we can recreate a small area ourselves in mission editor, rather than having all sites set up? Will help reduce asset load for missions. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 11:15 AM, Punkmonkey22 said:

Is there any chance this could be a pdf map/maps so we can recreate a small area ourselves in mission editor, rather than having all sites set up? Will help reduce asset load for missions. Thank you!

I have done this for the upcoming Kola map, link here: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1kxqNMpCPxoUPY7Ti_5LOGP2ePXmnTMif

I will do this for Sinai too but it will probably take a while until i’m done with it. It’s a way better way of marking locations though than doing it in DCS. 

Edited by oibafx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, oibafx said:

I have done this for the upcoming Kola map, link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10SADRB_TC8al3yRQgSJ6ztytSFFz2SdY/view

I will do this for Sinai too but it will probably take a while until i’m done with it. It’s a way better way of marking locations though than doing it in DCS. 

Great work Dover, thanks man!

4 hours ago, oibafx said:

I have done this for the upcoming Kola map, link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10SADRB_TC8al3yRQgSJ6ztytSFFz2SdY/view

Great info, but the link is actually for the Sinai Map ... would love to see what you have for the Kola Map 🙏

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

How about posting both versions of the map. I'd rather add 1 mod than populate the entire map.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

On 7/12/2023 at 3:13 PM, Sierra99 said:

How about posting both versions of the map. I'd rather add 1 mod than populate the entire map.

I might make two populated versions. One with the Egyptian SAM and EW sites (these only require SAM Sites Asset Pack mod) and another version with Egyptian and Israeli Sites. Israeli air defences consist of many systems we don’t have in the game - some can be added with mods (Iron Dome, PAC-3 Patriot), some are not available at all yet (Arrow 2/3, David’s Sling, etc.). 

Edited by oibafx
  • Like 3

On 7/14/2023 at 10:05 AM, oibafx said:

I might make two populated versions. One with the Egyptian SAM and EW sites (these only require SAM Sites Asset Pack mod) and another version with Egyptian and Israeli Sites. Israeli air defences consist of many systems we don’t have in the game - some can be added with mods (Iron Dome, PAC-3 Patriot), some are not available at all yet (Arrow 2/3, David’s Sling, etc.). 

This would be great. I don't mind adding mods

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

woah thats a great work buddy,

I suggest that to put out the version with unit(link been overwrite!!) which is V1 even with mods to restore the realworld anyway.

the marker in V2 help me a lot to work on a freeflight mission, keep it going :)

• Like 1

FL KH0000 Block.II  SQN FL:VF-0 of Fly to A&E  2023s2EQ31.png徽章logo3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Avio said:

The original link seems to have missing file. Is that file still around somewhere?

Try this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26ioIIZRbPA-V9FH4Grw

• 1 month later...

I am slowly adding units and creating a single player mission based around an F-15e strike on a nuclear reactor. 

Be forewarned I am washed up meathead and an amateur at youtube. Oibafx I give credit to you and provide a link here. 

As I finalize some additional units (SHORAD, AAA) I can provide the mission file. If people want just the SA2/SA3/Hawk placements for Egypt I can throw it up now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance we can get the original version with units placed?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server