F-15E major Fuel bug; Gaining fuel after a short while in flight.

RazerVon

After a short while in flight you start gaining fuel. Indicated by fuel flow going negative.

Caused by mach 1.42.
Answer from developer: Fixed in next update.

Screenshot 2023-06-22 103933.png

After landing with the fuel bug.

Screenshot 2023-06-22 112458.png

Edited by RazerVon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think this is coming from the same root.

Playing Instant Action - Sinai map - Ready for Take Off (Hot start on the runway end)

Screen_230623_095655.jpg

FUEL QTY gauge starts from ZERO and counts up to INTL=13000 lbs (in 9 seconds) / Total 30500 lbs (in 23 seconds).

Screen_230623_100617.jpg

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

7 minutes ago, western_JPN said:

I think this is coming from the same root.

Playing Instant Action - Sinai map - Ready for Take Off (Hot start on the runway end)

Screen_230623_095655.jpg

FUEL QTY gauge starts from ZERO and counts up to INTL=13000 lbs (in 9 seconds) / Total 30500 lbs (in 23 seconds).

Screen_230623_100617.jpg

That is completely normal. FQI does not work without power applied. Simulated refueling with power off. Not bug. Feature. 

Edited by Rainmaker

1 hour ago, RazerVon said:

Update, I honed in how this is triggered: Speed of over Mach 1.42 at over 30,000 feet.

Yup, can confirm this is indeed a bug, I noticed the fuel flow meter starting to go haywire after mach 1.4+. Here's the track at 37,000 feet, 100% fuel clean with no fuel tanks and 4 AIM-120C under CFT. 

F-15E fuel flow bug above mach 1.4.trk

Edit* This mach 1.42+ fuel flow bug also occurs even with fuels tanks attached on the wings while still having fuel in them. Here's the track file below.

F-15E fuel flow bug above mach 1.4, with EXT fuel tanks not empty.trk

Edited by Mr_Robot_X
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Robot_X said:

Yup, can confirm this is indeed a bug, I noticed the fuel flow meter starting to go haywire after mach 1.4+. Here's the track at 37,000 feet, 100% fuel clean with no fuel tanks and 4 AIM-120C under CFT. 

F-15E fuel flow bug above mach 1.4.trk 72.51 kB · 2 downloads

Edit* This mach 1.42+ fuel flow bug also occurs even with fuels tanks attached on the wings while still having fuel in them. Here's the track file below.

F-15E fuel flow bug above mach 1.4, with EXT fuel tanks not empty.trk 77.1 kB · 1 download

Ha! Great spot! You can see then by this thread how many of us tried to max-speed the jet on release 😀

• Like 1

had the Bug as well.. Both Cans lit for 10 mins or so in the Cold and Dark Tutorial and after reaching a certain Speed and Altitude both PPH's, as well as the Totalizer went to Zero.
I mean, it's a marvellous Piece of Tech if it works like that IRL, but i doubt it. 😄

9 hours ago, RazerVon said:

Update, I honed in how this is triggered: Speed of over Mach 1.42 at over 30,000 feet.

Thx for spotting this. I just did the first training mission and thought "why not just go up and do a Mach flight now?" and I basically got four impressions:

- at some point my FF went to 0 and I could go for ages. Thought something was broken and even considered unlimited fuel being active in the mission and that happening after emptying the CFTS perhaps to be a thing.

- tops out at under 1.8 in level flight. Tried at the typical 36.5k and 42k as well as going down from the latter to the first with the waterline at the horizon.

- trying to go over 1.8 in a dive is bad. Lost like a third of my right wing, but could at least land the thing with the DCS typical ever burning damage model. Probably was too fast too low during that dive test.

- I like the module, anyways! awesome.png

If I'm not completely mistaken CFTs are cleared for up to M 2.0 and I've definitely seen some of the content creators do somewhere around 2.2 with no issues and I guess with the thrust alone and clean setup, it should be possible to reach that, especially when there's a CFT limit that you basically should stay within. There'd be no reason to have that if you couldn't even get there. Source: trustmebro ('cos of 1.16).

Didn't even notice it basically AAR'd, because I didn't mess with the MFD pages yet rdlaugh.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

14 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

That is completely normal. FQI does not work without power applied. Simulated refueling with power off. Not bug. Feature. 

Are you implying the FQI is a totalizer as opposed to a quantity gauge?  I believe it is actually a quantity gauge (either float or capacitive)

33 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

Are you implying the FQI is a totalizer as opposed to a quantity gauge?  I believe it is actually a quantity gauge (either float or capacitive)

It gets signals from a sending unit that reads quantities through capacitance probes in the tank. None of it works without power. 

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

It gets signals from a sending unit that reads quantities through capacitance probes in the tank. None of it works without power. 

OK, no I misunderstood then, I thought you were saying the negative numbers came from simulated incorrect fuel totalizers.

The only data I saw mentioned float sensors, did they upgrade them to capacitive sensors at some point?  Seems like a good idea in a fighter 🙂

Edited by jaylw314