Tel Nof/Ovda Airbase Project, Ideas, Thank you, New 3D Model screens

Ghostrida9

Sorry my mistake @SkateZilla  i really thought you're one of ED employees.

Anyway, back to the topic. I decided to simultaneously work on Tel-Nof and Ovda Airbase. I love the desert for one, and two, many buildings are kinda similar and just might vary in small details, size, or appearance.

Sure, there are office-type buildings and stuff that are more unique, but I'll look into them step by step. It all takes time.

The goal is to give every airbase or airfield a more real individual look like in real life. Right now, they all look very similar to me, regarding buildings and detail.

On Ovda Airbase, the whole civilian part is yet missing too, also the tower is placed completely wrong @OnReTech. For now, I fixed one of the storage buildings and added the revetments that are everywhere on Ovda Airbase. All work in progress #Ovda

reality map.jpg

blueflag2019_01.jpg

Screen_230731_121655.jpg

Screen_230731_144936.jpg

Screen_230731_144856.jpg

Edited by Ghostrida9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

2 hours ago, Ghostrida9 said:

Sorry my mistake @SkateZilla  i really thought you're one of ED employees.

Anyway, back to the topic. I decided to simultaneously work on Tel-Nof and Ovda Airbase. I love the desert for one, and two, many buildings are kinda similar and just might vary in small details, size, or appearance.

Sure, there are office-type buildings and stuff that are more unique, but I'll look into them step by step. It all takes time.

The goal is to give every airbase or airfield a more real individual look like in real life. Right now, they all look very similar to me, regarding buildings and detail.

On Ovda Airbase, the whole civilian part is yet missing too, also the tower is placed completely wrong @OnReTech. For now, I fixed one of the storage buildings and added the revetments that are everywhere on Ovda Airbase. All work in progress #Ovda

reality map.jpg

blueflag2019_01.jpg

Screen_230731_121655.jpg

Screen_230731_144936.jpg

Screen_230731_144856.jpg

22 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I guess some users think you're an ED employee. 😉

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, removing trees takes a few minutes with terrain removal tool @flybull. The hard work is to make this places look like accurate and active airbases. Yes i know @352ndOscar and thanks again.

I'm working on the tower area (Tel-Nof AB), pictures explain themselfes. The most time consuming work is by far the creation of the ground model with some accurate ground textures (parking lots, access was etc). this could surely be done in a much faster and easier way with the terrain editing tool @OnReTech. I've also wrote them about this issue. I might should post it in the "Wish list" forum too.

Next step should be to add accurate texture layers, adding the light poles and using the "scenery removal tool" again in DCS to replace this whole area. Adding "night textures" later..

bing m.jpg

dcs.jpg

Tel Nof Tower Area v shape.jpg

Tel Nof Tower Area P.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, It really looks fantastic! Glad you guys are doing this, I don't have the patents for this kind of stuff. I'm usually in and out of the ME as fast as I can! I'll fix things up like a FARP or enemy base we are going to bomb but this is a whole nother level. I don't know how you guys do it. It looks super nice though. Will this be something we can dload from the DCS file server or a MOD? If you need a beta tester let me know. I'm always looking for things to keep me busy!!! Thanks 

working on Tel-Nof Tower.. the standard tower seems to be on every Airfield right now, seems like the tower is also placed at the wrong spot, at least on Ovda and Tel-Nof AB.. (I'm not looking into other Airbases at this moment, to bussy with Tel-Nof and Ovda)

Tel-Nof Tower...work in progress #TelNof #tower #airbase

dcs.jpg

tel nof tower.jpg

tower tel.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your patience.

A lot has been happening in my life lately, and I had to divert my attention to other matters. However, I wanted to provide you with an update on Tel-Nof.

I've temporarily halted work on Ovda Airbase due to an irritating obstacle positioned exactly where the shelters are located. Unfortunately, the scenery remove object tool doesn't currently allow me to remove it without affecting parts of the shelters, which is quite frustrating. I hope that @OnReTech will address this issue, along with some ground details overall for all airfields, and yes this obstructive "object" doesn't exist in real life anyway.

As for a release date or specific plans @Ebphoto, I don't have any at the moment. I'm continuously working on this project, experimenting with various elements, and I may need assistance from the community or developers in the future. It's a one-man show on my end, with no team involved.

Regarding Tel-Nof, there's a significantly oversized shelter where the 118th squadron "Night Riders" shelter should be located. Pictures explain themselfes. I've created the shelter so far with real life dimensions and some rare pictures i could find. The collision shell model is kinda "unique" so objects can be placed inside the Hangar, at least up to some point. All work in progress... #shelter #telnof #tel-nof #airbase #118th

dcs standard H.jpg

34615_1517686759.jpg

Screen_230911_192128.jpg

Screen_230911_192116.jpg

Screen_230911_192831.jpg

Screen_230911_192920.jpg

• Like 4

That looks Insane! Very cool. I can’t imagine how hard and tedious this must be! You must have the patients of a saint! Anyway, awesome work and it look fantastic. I really like the bunkers in one of you pics. So far I like the Sinai map more than some of the others. I see great potential in it. I really like all the little details in most of the airbases. Makes a huge difference on the belief of it being more alive! Just add some jets or helicopters, a few trunks etc and it really come alive! Fly at night looks realistic too! Anyway, great stuff! Your project looks really good!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Ebphoto Thank you, and yes i agree so far i think the Sinai map has potential, but still 85% of the Airfield buildings are wrong or missing. But i try to show with the project that its possible..and i hope that with a coming update many of the Ground textures will be fixed, regarding the small stuff like where concrete is, where grass is and so on. Fingers crossed it would make the whole work much easier.

The "Chopper" areas are next. Added some missing "ground" (concrete spots) (I still hope that @OnReTech will do this), High mast light poles, buildings and "Tarmac Boxes", all based on bing maps and some pictures/youtube videos i could find about this area in real life.. All work in progress, as you can see some buildings don't have textures yet. #Telnof #Airbase #Chopper

Screen_230921_201543.jpg

Screen_230921_201409.jpg

Screen_230921_201213.jpg

Edited by Ghostrida9
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you, very busy right now with some other things in life but still working on models and stuff. The major problem as mentioned before is the mostly incorrect or missing ground Detail. That makes it pretty difficult. Not a fan of placing a relevant building somewhere in the grass.. Also the Height map on OVDA is wrong.. but anyway.. some of the many OVDA Airbase  models based on real images/satellite.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 4