AG Radar mapping for pilot causes CTD

FoxxyTrotty
Go to solution Solved by TheGhostOfDefi,

I realise this has been reported for WSO a couple pages back, but same things happens for pilot. Its easy to reproduce, just fly as pilot with the setup in AG and focus in on any area (I was doing a night time low viz bombing mission with just me, solo, an enemy sam, and enemy static targets)

As i'm flying to avoid the sam site, the ground area in focus for AG radar mapping gets painted from all sorts of angles and stuff, to be expected, and after about 5-10 minutes of this, it CTD without fail. 1 time I was able to get a log (submitted) the other times, it crashes DCS so hard, there's no log.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

Yep I'm using Multi Threading, none VR - I could list all my specs, but I get the feeling based on subsequent posts, and on the WSO thread radar ctd too, this is a AG radar painting issue (that may or may not be MT related - tell you what - i'll go fly the mission now in Single Player, and see if it crashes, as it happens every single time after just a few minutes)

edit: on single thread and single player

Edited by FoxxyTrotty

. . . . . . .

OK I'm a very happy bunny coz I just flew my entire mission with extensive AG radar mapping without any hiccups using Single Thread version.

I did get hit by some radar guided AAA as I was leaving the battlespace, which cause me right engine to flameout, and I limped home 150 mile or so on single engine, that (safety feature?) was prevented from using A/B.

So the temporary workaround/fix for this issue, is to go single thread. And it painted some VERY bizarre angles along the way, especially during tight turns and such like.  Just off topic a sec, but the F15's AG radar is by far the best in town, and opens up a lot of possibilities that weren't really available before, and I really enjoyed it.

18 hours ago, TheGhostOfDefi said:

Are you using Multithreading?

thank you very much for offering me this suggestion - after several CTD's within minutes of using the AG radar, this completely solved the issue. I was in the AO at least 20 minutes and it worked flawlessly

• Like 1

. . . . . . .

For me, in MT, it crashes when designating using HRM modes. It's happening in single player as well.

And pardon me for being pedantic, but a workaround is not a solution. In any case, thank you for pointing out that single thread works around the issue.

Edited by Mr. Crow
  • Like 2

Small update on my situation.

I got mine working, no crashes for last two days.

Me and my friend got that desynch problem in multicrew so i did that fix that was suggested on razbam discord.

Seems it fixed crashing on radar for me, for now atleast.

Same here, Crashing at HRM 80 miles range while waiting for the map update after TDC press.

Didn´t erase my DCS users folder to generate another one clean. Will try later.

dcs.log-20230626-183403.zipdcs.log-20230626-183404.zip

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Unfortunately for me, same CTD with a new Config folder after erasing the former on Users. MT user. 

ST is a no go for the obvious perfomance benefits.

Same F-15E_CPT.dll error

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Having the same issue with the A2G radar and CTD: trying to take a HRM map (forget scale) of Kutaisi airfield. i think a2g radar was at like 20 or 40 miles scale. i was within ~20 miles of the airfield, so must have been taking an image like 1-2 mile scale or something.

Here's a screengrab from my error log.

image.png

On 6/24/2023 at 12:45 PM, Luuri3 said:

I have same problem. Game crashes when using hrm map mode. Pilot or WSO.
I'm using Multithread version also i fly in VR.

dcs.log-20230624-163308.zip 274.75 kB · 6 downloads

Yup, Me too, When using AG Radar and Tpod! Well at least Im learning the cockpit setup after I keep trying to play it!!!! My crash log gets corrupt because the CTD cause the PC to immediately reboot!!!!!!

Still having this problem as well, both singleplayer and multiplayer in multithreaded version. Even going to the special options and lowering the allowed background threads to the minimum doesn't have any noticeable change. I just designate to HRM, the game hangs, then crash to desktop no matter what I do. My pc specs are fine, it's certainly no potato (AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core, 2070 Super, 64GB DDR4).

Attached is a crash log from my most recent CTD, just the simple free flight mission on caucasus.

dcs.log-20230628-193829.zip

"Would you say we'd be venturing into a "Zone of Danger?"

This happens to me as well. It crashes in Multi-threading and Single-threading. No mods are installed, tacview isn't installed either.

Modules Owned:

F-15E, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14A/B, AJS-37, AH-64D, A-10C II, A-10A, F-15C, Marianas, MiG-21, P-51, Supercarrier, Su-33, UH-1H, AV-8B, Persian Gulf Map

Computer Specifications:  

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 | Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS Throttle

On 6/29/2023 at 7:52 PM, xxcosmicggxx said:

This happens to me as well. It crashes in Multi-threading and Single-threading. No mods are installed, tacview isn't installed either.

Ah this post scraps Tacview. The way that HRM works as I understood might cause problems with Tacview but if it is not installed even than it's off the hook.

8 hours ago, Willykurtz said:

I was given an advice by Razbam to reduce number of cores in special options until it's going well. 

I don't think this fixes it, at least it hasn't for me. I've tried reducing it to 1 thread, it didn't work. I also tried increasing it to 12 threads and that didn't work either. It is possible that results will vary for other people, however.

Edited by xxcosmicggxx
  • Like 2

Modules Owned:

F-15E, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14A/B, AJS-37, AH-64D, A-10C II, A-10A, F-15C, Marianas, MiG-21, P-51, Supercarrier, Su-33, UH-1H, AV-8B, Persian Gulf Map

Computer Specifications:  

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 | Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS Throttle