Controls conflict between HUD Brightness and HUD Contrast

Ashayar

Hello there!

I am using an encoder on my throttle to set the HUD Video Brightness +/-10% and another one to set the HUD Contrast +/-10% when using the NAVFLIR POD.

When I am using the HUD Contrast control, it moves the potentiometer I want, but at the same time, it moves the HUD Brightness Control (not the NAVFLIR one, the main HUD brightness potentiometer on the left) erraticaly and/or set it off.

Have a nice day! ❤️ 

Edited by Ashayar
  • Like 1

Just to confirm, I'm having same issue with the HUD Video Contrast -10% and +10% bindings. Activating physical button bound to "HUD Video Contrast -10%"  causes HUD Brightness knob to turn to off position. Activating physical button bound to "HUD Video Contrast +10%" causes HUD Brightness knob to turn to initial on position (presumably 10% position) Effectively this turns the HUD off when u reduce the HUD Contrast. Tried binding controls to different physical buttons but had same results. Works ok when changed in game with mouse.

Thanks

Edited by Romo
spelling
  • Like 1

Yes, noticed the same, looks like a bug.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

11 hours ago, Romo said:

Just to confirm, I'm having same issue with the HUD Video Contrast -10% and +10% bindings. Activating physical button bound to "HUD Video Contrast -10%"  causes HUD Brightness knob to turn to off position. Activating physical button bound to "HUD Video Contrast +10%" causes HUD Brightness knob to turn to initial on position (presumably 10% position) Effectively this turns the HUD off when u reduce the HUD Contrast. Tried binding controls to different physical buttons but had same results. Works ok when changed in game with mouse.

Thanks

That's exactly the same problem, I ma going to edit the OP with the +/-10% information, thank you ❤️

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not fixed yet in DCS Open Beta 2.8.7.42583.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suggest you post this with a track that shows what happens.
ED tends to ignore bug reports missing a track.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

The issue is still present in OB 2.9.2.49629, F-15E Suite 4+ ver 1.8.2.221
Attach there is the .trk file, and below a video of the problem:

F-15E_HUDcontroller.trk

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

This is definitely hosed.
1. When you change the HUD Video Contrast setting via a bound button, it overrides the HUD Brightness setting. 
@Maverick87Shaka states in his post that the "Video Brightness" goes up/down 10%. I do not see that. I see only the "HUD Brightness" affected.

2. The hint when you hover over the contrast button is misleading. The hint displays as "HUD Contrast Control", but the button is in reality the "HUD Video Contrast Control".

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

14 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

@Maverick87Shaka states in his post that the "Video Brightness" goes up/down 10%. I do not see that. I see only the "HUD Brightness" affected.

My bad sorry, I can confirm it's only HUD Brightness affected by the issue.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!