ASL Line & CCIP A/G mode

fabio22raptor

Bug report: A/G 
ASL line in "auto" mode not aligned with the target, impossible to use auto mode. CCIP line too sensitive to aircraft movements. 

Brightness: Too bright when i watch straight ahead, if I turn the visual on the sides brightness return normal. If I decrease gamma I can't see the cockpit, if I increase gamma outside is too bright. 

Edited by fabio22raptor

Just noticed that your tracks failed to attach.  Try to upload them again. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks @Sarge55 for your answer. I send the screenScreenshoot: CCIP to sensitive

DCS 2023-08-02 14-11-48-28.bmp

ASL line not match the designated target. 
DCS 2023-08-02 14-13-59-81.bmp

When i try to match the asl line, the line goes away and i never be able to match it
DCS 2023-08-02 14-15-42-04.bmp

Brightness (please note that i'm playing at 1.6 gamma instead 2.2 default value cause at 2.2 is unplayable
: Front
DCS 2023-08-02 14-16-49-66.bmp 

Lateral:

DCS 2023-08-02 14-17-09-16.bmp

I've tryed some mods to reduce haze (3Dmigoto), nothing work.

Thanks for any answer

On 7/30/2023 at 4:26 AM, fabio22raptor said:

ASL line in "auto" mode not aligned with the target, impossible to use auto mode. CCIP line too sensitive to aircraft movements. 

Brightness: Too bright when i watch straight ahead, if I turn the visual on the sides brightness return normal. If I decrease gamma I can't see the cockpit, if I increase gamma outside is too bright. 

The reason your ASL line is not matching up is because you are using MK82SE, drop them below 750 MSL and you will see that your line is where it needs to be. I believe i read that this is not intended but for now it only happens when using a re-tarted bomb with chutes or the durandals

On 7/30/2023 at 6:26 AM, fabio22raptor said:

It is a common problem with other bombs too, specially GBU-10's. Not working at all.

But the ASL designation works fine with GBU-12's and GBU-24's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SloppyDog said:

It is a common problem with other bombs too, specially GBU-10's. Not working at all.

They work as good (or bad) as any other.

If your ASL is off just re-designate, maybe more than once, until it´s in the right spot.

48th_Sig_Pic.png

Re-designate doesn´t do anything at all. Tried around for hours with gbu10´s, sometimes they are just not working. ASL is off to the far left or right from the designated target and there is nothing to center it. In 50% of the cases I tried, gbu 10 2000lbs bombs don´t even hit big stationary targets like airport hangars.

• Like 1

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

21 hours ago, WizzRD said:

They work as good (or bad) as any other.

If your ASL is off just re-designate, maybe more than once, until it´s in the right spot.

Could not replicate. Only works with GBU-12s.

Also, redesignating didn't work also, unfortunately. 

And I couldnt find the GBU-10 Training version as shown on your video.

I tested the GBU-16 with the Harrier and it works and the GBU-10 with the A-10 and it also works, both in Auto Mode, no problem with the ASL.

Apparently the ASL problem remains with the F-15 only. 

• Like 1

Ok, I tested a bit, and I can confirm, with GBU12´s & 24´s everything works fine. For some reason this seems to occur only with GBU 10, but also not always, sometimes it works, still can´t pinpoint what triggers or causes it, seems to appear quite randomly.

• Like 1

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

• 3 months later...

What weapons did you have selected? Was the jet moved at all during the Alignment?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

On 11/24/2023 at 10:42 PM, nuNce said:

I tried airstart in the ME and whenever GBU-10s are onboard nothing works. 12 and 24 are fine.

Worked fine for me just now (both pre-planned TGTs and TPOD designated).

Picture is using the included loadout with a mix of GBU-10/12. Using a custom one with 4 GBU-10s I had to add the 10s manually, but they did work the same then.

48th_105555.jpg

Edited by WizzRD

48th_Sig_Pic.png

Seems like deleting my Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder has worked. Steps I took:

1. Backed up the whole folder by renaming it DCS.openbeta_old
  2. Launched a full DCS repair
  3. Launched DCS and exited
  4. Copied back the following folders from the backed up folder
    1. Config\Input
    2. Config\MonitorSetup
    3. Config\options.lua
    4. Config\SRSConfig.lua (since I use SRS)
  5. Launched DCS, my settings were back and the ASL was behaving correctly

Edited by nuNce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 3:45 PM, nuNce said:

Seems like deleting my Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder has worked. Steps I took:

1. Backed up the whole folder by renaming it DCS.openbeta_old
  2. Launched a full DCS repair
  3. Launched DCS and exited
  4. Copied back the following folders from the backed up folder
    1. Config\Input
    2. Config\MonitorSetup
    3. Config\options.lua
    4. Config\SRSConfig.lua (since I use SRS)
  5. Launched DCS, my settings were back and the ASL was behaving correctly

folder dcs.openbeta does not exist. i am on steam i saw my folder in saved games wich folder do you mean?

On 11/26/2023 at 12:38 AM, Kercheiz said:

ASL was fixed for upcoming update with a lot of A/G bombing improvements.

Deleting Saved Games will not fix it now, it's most likely a luck effect or different conditions.

i just tried with blu107 asl line was far on the left and desgination was ok like said before here the asl line does not work i also checked integrati via steam

1 hour ago, beacon said:

i just tried with blu107 asl line was far on the left and desgination was ok like said before here the asl line does not work i also checked integrati via steam

In my message, "upcoming update" meant "the version you don't have yet"

Please try again with the next openbeta release.

Edited by Kercheiz

On 12/17/2023 at 5:25 PM, beacon said:

folder dcs.openbeta does not exist. i am on steam i saw my folder in saved games wich folder do you mean?

Stable branch folder will, of course, be named just DCS or DCS World. Renaming it forces the game to make a new one with all the new option and config files which sometimes fixed the user problems due to their installed mods or other modded files there. Always make sure to back up its content - esp. \config\input (your control profiles) folder and \MissionEditor\logbook.lua (your logbook and history) file.

Edit: for Steam the folder is in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\ afaik.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!

I'm not experienced in DCS so may be it's a stupid question but: is this bug has not been fixed or i doing something wrong?

Now i'm flying a Serpent's Head 1 campaing (only Caucasus map version) and on mission #4 when i should use a bombs i see same problem like in this topic: my target box at the right side of HUD and ASL line at the left side and completely off the target.

Tried to delete DCS.OpenBeta folder in Saved Games then restore DCS and copy configs from backup. Also tried to disable all mods in JSGME (Barthek's, Custom countermeasures and shadows rediced impact).

Also tried to change weather to "still" in this mission but all these steps didn't help at all.Screen_240523_120652.jpg

AMD Ryzen 3600X / 32G RAM / 4070Ti / Oculus Quest 3 / Logi X-56

25 minutes ago, Xyu3a6eu said:

Now i'm flying a Serpent's Head 1 campaing (only Caucasus map version) and on mission #4 when i should use a bombs i see same problem like in this topic: my target box at the right side of HUD and ASL line at the left side and completely off the target.

Either contact the author:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/275-badger-633/

or ask here with tracks/videos:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/130-dcs-fa-18c/

This is F-15E sub.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

45 минут назад, BigBorner сказал:

Thats a weird F-15E youre flying there 🙂

Customized by xzibit-)))

sorry, my fault, didn't saw what it's a F-15E thread-/

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 3600X / 32G RAM / 4070Ti / Oculus Quest 3 / Logi X-56