Multicrew Bugs in Huey

Jantar
Go to solution Solved by admiki,

I was flying the Huey multicrew the other day when we noticed a few things that seemed to be bugs. I have attached a track file with them, I think most of what we noticed happened towards the end of the flight.

1. I was in the pilot's seat and the DG and Compass lined up. To my co-pilot, the compass and DG were about 100degrees different. When he changed to DG to line up with the compass, I saw them to be about 100degrees out.

2. We then went and did some sling loading. He was flying as copilot and I was monitoring. While moving barrels, to me I could see the hook doing orbits around the helo, and I could not see the rope. To him, everything looked fine.

3. We also did some mountain flying. We were up around 18,000' with no loss of consciousness, I don't know if this was an MP server setting or not.

4. At the end of the flight, after sling loading, the helicopter seemed to shut down for me in the pilot seat. I was pilot monitoring. For my co-pilot the helo seemed to be working without issue. For me it was completely stopped, rotor stopped, and I was flying around in god mode.

This is my first bug report and post so please let me know if I have gone wrong anywhere, or left any info out.

My track file is also 87Meg. Any idea how to get it below 50 so I can attach it?

• Like 1

I was flying the Huey multicrew the other day when we noticed a few things that seemed to be bugs. I have attached a track file with them, I think most of what we noticed happened towards the end of the flight.
1. I was in the pilot's seat and the DG and Compass lined up. To my co-pilot, the compass and DG were about 100degrees different. When he changed to DG to line up with the compass, I saw them to be about 100degrees out.
2. We then went and did some sling loading. He was flying as copilot and I was monitoring. While moving barrels, to me I could see the hook doing orbits around the helo, and I could not see the rope. To him, everything looked fine.
3. We also did some mountain flying. We were up around 18,000' with no loss of consciousness, I don't know if this was an MP server setting or not.
4. At the end of the flight, after sling loading, the helicopter seemed to shut down for me in the pilot seat. I was pilot monitoring. For my co-pilot the helo seemed to be working without issue. For me it was completely stopped, rotor stopped, and I was flying around in god mode.

This is my first bug report and post so please let me know if I have gone wrong anywhere, or left any info out.

My track file is also 87Meg. Any idea how to get it below 50 so I can attach it?
MP sync probably needs tuning.
You can't change the trackfile size. You need to upload and share it via a file sharing service or similar.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Solution
17 minutes ago, Jantar said:

Thanks for the reply. So is this more likely a MP server issue than a problem with the Huey?

If it is should I delete this post?

All of your points, except 3, are de-sync issues.

As for your point 3, 18000 ft is not a hard line with on-off state. People can pass out from hypoxia at a lot lower altittudes and they can stay awake a lot higher. 

• Like 1

Hypoxia came in for the Huey in the 2nd Aug update. 

I just took the Huey up again and hypoxia does start to take effect from about 25,000' and progressivly gets worse the higher you go. It starts with peripheral blurring that closes in, like tunnel vision, until you can't see much of anything. As you start to descent it starts to wear off around 17,000'. 

• Like 1

Hypoxia came in for the Huey in the 2nd Aug update. 

I just took the Huey up again and hypoxia does start to take effect from about 25,000' and progressivly gets worse the higher you go. It starts with peripheral blurring that closes in, like tunnel vision, until you can't see much of anything. As you start to descent it starts to wear off around 17,000'. 
Yup. That sounds exactly like it is in the modules I mentioned above. It was kind of scary the first time, because I could swear I hadn't been drinking.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/15/2023 at 5:00 AM, Ignition said:

-Doors, continuously open and close.

I'm not sure if this is still a thing, but the next OB update has a fix coming for door desync in multicrew.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:00 AM, Ignition said:

-If you load airtroops and then another player enters the helicopter, the troops disappear from the disembark menu.

-When embarking troops, the copilot sees the soldiers standing on the ground.

Is this still happening in current OB?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 8/28/2023 at 6:09 PM, Jantar said:

1/ was reported in 2021. I'll bump the report.

2/ was reported earlier.

3/ Hypoxia was added to the Huey in May 2023. 18,000 feet seems to be the minimum altitude to experience hypoxia according to this very interesting article. Have you tried above 18,000 feet?

4/ Was this fixed?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 months later...

Today I flew the Huey as multicrew (on ECW, with VR) for the first time. Many problems.

• As the right gunner, when I pressed the trigger my left gunner would fire. After reseating the slot I could not fire at all. As the left gunner (with no right gunner) I had no such problems.
  • After above-mentioned reseating as gunner, my eye-level would be unusually high.
  • Rotor low-RPM alarm inconsistencies between players.
  • Electronic compass for co-pilot not working, making it difficult to navigate.

Still had a blast as a 2-person crew, taking down a Frogfoot and two Hinds.

Edited by tribbin
  • Like 1

RiftS • RX5950XT • 5800X3D • 64GB
F-86 • F-5E • F-16C • F/A-18C • P-51D • UH-1H • L-39 • MiG-15 • MiG-21
Supercarrier • Syria
 • PG • Sinai • Nevada

Screw the Christian Eagle II

On 4/22/2024 at 1:36 AM, tribbin said:

Today I flew the Huey as multicrew (on ECW, with VR) for the first time. Many problems.

• As the right gunner, when I pressed the trigger my left gunner would fire. After reseating the slot I could not fire at all. As the left gunner (with no right gunner) I had no such problems.
  • After above-mentioned reseating as gunner, my eye-level would be unusually high.
  • Rotor low-RPM alarm inconsistencies between players.
  • Electronic compass for co-pilot not working, making it difficult to navigate.

Still had a blast as a 2-person crew, taking down a Frogfoot and two Hinds.

This is not unknown. Honestly DCS' commitment to the update and QoL improvements of the Huey is absolutely nil.
Whats happening is they continue to release new modules, old ones get depricated and "not profitable to maintain".

Thus bugs we may find and experience in the Huey have no bugfixes in future updates(unless a dev decides to fix them when they got freetime).

And thus this is the Achilles heel of old modules in DCS.

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

• ED Team

we revisit our older modules from time to time, but bugs are something we are constantly reproducing and reporting as needed. Then we have to wait for free dev time for a particular issue. 

If you are seeing issues that are not already reported we will need to see a track replay example if possible and please post in its own thread, one bug per thread and we will take a look. 

I have also asked the MP testing team to take a look. 

Desync issues can happen with very high pings or packet loss on connections from time to time, and we have no control over peoples connections. But genuine desync issues should be repeatable and need to be addressed. 

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

22 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

we revisit our older modules from time to time, but bugs are something we are constantly reproducing and reporting as needed. Then we have to wait for free dev time for a particular issue. 

If you are seeing issues that are not already reported we will need to see a track replay example if possible and please post in its own thread, one bug per thread and we will take a look. 

I have also asked the MP testing team to take a look. 

Desync issues can happen with very high pings or packet loss on connections from time to time, and we have no control over peoples connections. But genuine desync issues should be repeatable and need to be addressed. 

thank you 

Thank you.

FYI We all have great internet connections and the pilot (British), left-gunner (German) and I (Dutch) connected to a close-by server (ECW) in Germany.

For the electronic compass, it was the British guy as pilot and I was co-pilot. The electric compass-problem was consistent for any co-pilot.

I'm pretty sure that if the MP testers use a busy server like ECW, they will have no trouble replicating these issues.

(we have not tried our own dedicated server yet)

Edited by tribbin

RiftS • RX5950XT • 5800X3D • 64GB
F-86 • F-5E • F-16C • F/A-18C • P-51D • UH-1H • L-39 • MiG-15 • MiG-21
Supercarrier • Syria
 • PG • Sinai • Nevada

Screw the Christian Eagle II

• ED Team

I have checked and there is a HSI desync issue reported to the team already. 

I have bumped the report

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2