NO PLACE

ElvisDaKang

What would be the difference with a Nazi skin? … you really ought to be more tolerant, maybe editing a mission where you fight one of these on your blue aircraft would help you feel better 🙂

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

What would be the difference with a Nazi skin? … you really ought to be more tolerant, maybe editing a mission where you fight one of these on your blue aircraft would help you feel better 🙂

Agreed. It’s a game about fighting and killing an enemy, so by definition you have to have enemies. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Aquorys said:

Since it's been removed, just out of curiosity, what was it?

It was a Mig-21 skin depicting an ISIS aircraft ... as I said, no more offensive than a german skin of the Nazi era.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

It was a Mig-21 skin depicting an ISIS aircraft ... as I said, no more offensive than a german skin of the Nazi era.

Impressive whining though. He's only posted ninety times in four-years yet managed to get something killed off faster than I've ever seen. 

I still think we new a new forum section where we can all cry about being offended and demand that things be removed. 

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, cordite said:

Really the only thing inappropriate was the comment section. The skin was no big deal.

I guess we should all whine about skins from WWII German planes now too, and the planes themselves, and any campaigns that have the pilot flying for Germany. I'm guessing there is tons of stuff to whine about.

After all... I'm offended! 😭

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yup! I was too slow. It was gone before I could get it. We have missions made by ED where we bomb Daesh, so this doesn't make sense. It should be reinstated.

Agreed. Please reinstate the Daesh skin that was deleted. 

Or...

Please delete all skins with swastikas. 

Please delete all skins from WWII Axis powers.

Please delete all cluster munitions from the game as they are problematic from a humanitarian standpoint.

Please remove damage models from all religious buildings on all maps.

Please delete damage models from any vehicle or building displaying a Red Cross or Red Crescent. 

Please delete all skins with artwork of women being displayed in a sexualized manner.

And of course - please remove the damage/death model from the cows, as it has both humanitarian and religious/cultural implications.

There is much more, but this is a start. Thank you.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

@Beirut Add the Wilhelm Scream in the Gazelle, and the grunts when you and your buddy get hit.

Agreed.

And please delete the damage models from all civilian buildings on all maps. All 42,793,031 of them. Thank you.

30 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Come to think of it, why are you allowed that username? 😉

Because it's beautiful. 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beirut said:

I  still think we new a new forum section where we can all cry about being offended and demand that things be removed. 

Please remove this post. 

Also, please refrain from using the word ‘cry’. This word reminds one of sadness and quite frankly, we would all be better off without having to see this type of thing. Thank you. :yay:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slippa said:

Please remove this post. 

Also, please refrain from using the word ‘cry’. This word reminds one of sadness and quite frankly, we would all be better off without having to see this type of thing. Thank you. :yay:

May I offer, sir, my deepest apologies for any hurt/offence/sadness I may have caused you. It was unintentional and I beg your forgiveness. 

It is my sincere wish that you be happy once more, therefore I will drop seven tons of MK84s on the nearest building that does not sport festive artwork.

The honour is to serve. :smoke:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slippa said:

An officer and a gentleman. Many thanks indeed for your understanding kind fellow.

Unfortunately, I fear I may already have succumbed to the gloom and may need chocolates, beers, whisky and money just to cheer my soul a little.

I can assist you, sir, with the whiskey. For I have little chocolate and less money. But I have the very best of bourbons. 🥃

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I can assist you, sir, with the whiskey. For I have little chocolate and less money. But I have the very best of bourbons. 🥃

Wonderful news, I already feel a tad brightened. 

I’m looking into starting a ‘go fund my happiness’ page. I won’t hold back in coming forward with details asap, weather permitting. 🥃

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 4:16 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Oh, okay. Yeah, I would not consider that offensive given that the context is a game that simulates combat.

Yes, the symbols by themselves, as well as their associated meaning, are of course offensive, and there will always be some idiots who will misuse those symbols in the game to express their support for extremists, fanatics, fascists, terrorists, etc. - but just as much can be said about the symbolic act of destroying the forces displaying those symbols in the game, and I think that there are way more people who enjoy the latter of those two activities.

• Like 2