VAC (voice commands) - how can I enable this???

Hi Guys and Girls,

watch this:

This guy is using VOICE-COMMANDS to manage his Ka-50. This works also with commands for wingmen...

Amazing! How can I enable this feature and do I have to train my voice-recognition? Pleeeeeze... I wann do this also. It is much faster and easier than to send commands via the F-keys.

btw: I love DCS Black Shark. Still trying to manage proper flying. Maybe I will manage the startup-procedure one day :-D

Greetings from Myself

[edit]Sorry guys. My first search did not reveal this threat:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37722

There, the VAC is described... You need a small application installed and Microsoft Speech recognition enabled[/edit]

Edited by MeMyselfAndDie

whole thing is silly if you ask me - thats that a HOTAS is for.

Also this would cause problems with voice chat in multiplayer i am guessing.

Mithandra

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Why? In MP you should be commanding your wingmen by voice anyway ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I only use it for radio commands, not for controlling the aircraft. Works great after some training.

AMD Phenom 2 X4 955BE @ 3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

ATI Radeon 4890 1024MB, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM

TrackIR 4, Windows 7 x64

whole thing is silly if you ask me - thats that a HOTAS is for.

Mithandra

I disagree.

It is very cool using VAC for voice commands to control AI wingies and ground crew. It adds a realy nice extra layer of immersion to your simming.

I even use VAC to type MP in game chat pre-configured statements like GK S!, GF S! and RAYGUN, BUDDYSPIKE etc. It is soooo HOTAS as you do not take your hands off to do it.

You push one button hold it say RAYGUN, mp chat opens types RAYGUN ,sends it, and then closes the chat window. What could be easier or more immersive than that?

VAC is an excellent program for this, although Shoot is free and Vac is not VAC is far better in terms of interface (it has one).

Out

Edited by PoleCat

I disagree.

You push one button hold it say RAYGUN, mp chat opens types RAYGUN ,sends it, and then closes the chat window. What could be easier or more immersive than that?

Wow, seems it is really useful app. I have to check it!

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hi, just came across your post.

You can also use "shoot1.6.4". So you will be able to play other games with voice recognition. I did use it for F4 AF and it comes with different profiles.

Shoot 1.6.4

regards

THX for this hint Giant. I did not recognize (yet) that VAC is a non-non-fee app :-D

I'll give Shoot a try. THX again for the link.

cheerio!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest racegig

I just installed VAC 2.1.9 on my system and everything is working fine in the keyboard tester but in BS nothing happens. I'm using the mouse button 3 redirected to my joystick for PTA.

Wondows XP.

Is there something I have to setup in BS?

Can't wait to make this work.

Make sure that your joystick is programmed to hold the keystroke down for as long as you are pushing the button. Maybe it is not programmed to hold the key down till you release the button? Also I find vac works much better when you push the PTT for a second then begin to speak and then do not release for a moment after speaking. (I use middle mouse button in Flaming cliffs and DCS Black Shark for PTT).

Good luck!

Out

I can't believe this hasn't been brought up before. I've been using shoot since I got the game and with Falcon 4, and I can truely say that it is a must have. As for using with Multiplayer, It works no problem. You have to push a button (Slaved to HOTAS of course) in order to say your command. It won't work otherwise. It is the same with using teamspeak, you have to push a button for that as well, (Slaved to HOTAS on a different button of course) for your friends to hear you. And like it was mentioned before, you can say a command, and it will open dialog box, then type out command, and then close dialog box all automatically. Works REALLY REALLY well, and recognizes commands perfectly everytime. Just spend the time to train the voice software, and then play. Trust me, you will be thinking why it took so long for you to get it in the first place. You WON'T be sorry

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

I had better luck with VAC when I use the toggle feature instead of PTT. using Scroll lock lets you use the scroll lock light on the keyboard to see if it is enabled. The engine noise can sometimes cause problems in VAC.

You HAVE to use a headset with microphone. That is why you are having trouble. The background noise will interfere with your commands then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just installed VAC 2.1.9 on my system and everything is working fine in the keyboard tester but in BS nothing happens. I'm using the mouse button 3 redirected to my joystick for PTA.

Wondows XP.

Is there something I have to setup in BS?

Can't wait to make this work.

Why are you using VAC, when Shoot is free and works just as well. Plus there are already templates on the forum for using with Blackshark for Shoot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You HAVE to use a headset with microphone. That is why you are having trouble. The background noise will interfere with your commands then.

It sure will, I sneezed one time and it ejected me.

I crap you not.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Disagree. I use a headset mic with no phones. I have a 7.1 speaker system surrounding me and I have no problems using VAC with speakers.

The trick to this is simply to use a mic that is close to your mouth. A desktop mic will not work well with or without speakers.

Out

Because Vac is simply a much better program then shoot IMHO.Only advantage to shoot is it is free. VAC wins on all other counts, including recognition.

Out

How is VAC better? I use shoot and I have NEVER had a problem with recognition. It recognizes my commands 100% of the time. What advantages are there over shoot? I'm just curious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Disagree. I use a headset mic with no phones. I have a 7.1 speaker system surrounding me and I have no problems using VAC with speakers.

The trick to this is simply to use a mic that is close to your mouth. A desktop mic will not work well with or without speakers.

Out

You are right, I often have a lot of background noise and have never had an issue. I usually have the TV going at the same time and the wife and kid hollering in the background and have still no problem with recognition. The software just suggests doing that if you do have an issue. That is why I mentioned that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just tried VAC 2.1.9 just to see if it was a better program than Shoot just out of curiosity. They have a 30 day free trial (the program should be free IMHO). I Strongly disagree that VAC is a better program. For starters, you can't map a joystick button to VAC which is a must. In shoot you can. Other than that the user interface is almost identical. The Recognition was identical. Shoot is also free. I would rather use Shoot any day IMHO. ;)

Edited by Sharkster64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]