Need SSAA!

gonchangye

1小时前,NineLine说:

I dont know what you are saying here. I cannot tell anything by these screenshots. Please give a more detailed report with in-game screenshots, tracks etc. 

2.9 Antialiasing Poor effect,Because 32" 1080P,But 2.8 SSAA very good,I need SSAA.

Screen_231021_074112.jpg

• Like 1

I think I'm going crazy, but all the MFD/LED/Lamp light text in the cockpits looks terrible, and I think it's related to this.  Changing AA settings in-game and in Nvidia Control Panel doesn't effect it.  Nor does sharpness.  I have a 1080ti so no DLSS for me.  Sad Panda.  But something is wrong with the text.

I have a attached several screen shots.  You can see than when I zoom in, it gets better, but at my regular zoom level, it looks awful.  Illegible, actually.  I was driving myself crazy changing settings, but I don't think it's that. 

Important detail:  I am running 1440p.  I am aware I have the GUI scale set to 1.5.  Setting it back to 1 didn't help, but it did make everything look tiny so I set it back to 1.5.  If anything, forcing more AA on in the Nvidia control panel actually may have helped, so I think the OP may be on to something when he says it's the type of AA that matters, but I really have no idea.  I suppose I could try DSR and see if that works, but I'm already not getting the performance boost I hoped for.  In fact, it might be slightly worse right now.  That may be a Syria map problem, though.

3rd screenshot is the zoomed one.

Attached:

for some reason check seat looks ok.jpg

blurry text f-16.jpg

zoomed in looks better f-16.jpg

gfx settings.  no DLSS for me.jpg

not great on the fa-18 either.jpg

Edited by SickSidewinder9
clarity
  • Like 1

I have an older GPU too (a gtx 1070TI) and also my display is at 1440p .. I tried all AA options available for my card, and this one was the one that gave the best results on my hardware:

prBbRBe.jpg

Here is a screen of a mission at the Nevada map, where the performance is totally acceptable for me and the detail level is enough to properly read the displays:

Y0AlDPr.jpg

You can try my settings to see how they perform with your rigs.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

20分钟前,SickSidewinder9说:

I think I'm going crazy, but all the MFD/LED/Lamp light text in the cockpits looks terrible, and I think it's related to this.  Changing AA settings in-game and in Nvidia Control Panel doesn't effect it.  Nor does sharpness.  I have a 1080ti so no DLSS for me.  Sad Panda.  But something is wrong with the text.

I have a attached several screen shots.  You can see than when I zoom in, it gets better, but at my regular zoom level, it looks awful.  Illegible, actually.  I was driving myself crazy changing settings, but I don't think it's that. 

Important detail:  I am running 1440p.  I am aware I have the GUI scale set to 1.5.  Setting it back to 1 didn't help, but it did make everything look tiny so I set it back to 1.5.  If anything, forcing more AA on in the Nvidia control panel actually may have helped, so I think the OP may be on to something when he says it's the type of AA that matters, but I really have no idea.  I suppose I could try DSR and see if that works, but I'm already not getting the performance boost I hoped for.  In fact, it might be slightly worse right now.  That may be a Syria map problem, though.

Attached:

blurry text f-16.jpg

Not only UI,Everyting AA is broken,Even Ultra,I need SSAA.

I can't get past the ghosting issue, it's terrible, when I move or move a control, it looks like I've ate an entire bag of shrooms!

Edited by rwbishUP

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• ED Team
7 hours ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Attached:

blurry text f-16.jpg

As suggested, I would try FSR if you cant use other options. 

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I do not have that available.  Which is odd, since a previous poster said they had it with a 1070ti, and I have a 1080ti.  I'll have to check again.

Between this and a new ticking on my mountain bike, I think I might be losing my mind.  Then again, other people have this same problem, so maybe I'm not crazy?  Well, not for this reason.

17 hours ago, NineLine said:

As suggested, I would try FSR if you cant use other options. 

Just double checked, and I cannot select FSR.  I can use DSR in the Nvidia control panel, but no FSR in-game.  1080ti.  Need any other info?  Only MSAA available for AA.

23 minutes ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Just double checked, and I cannot select FSR.  I can use DSR in the Nvidia control panel, but no FSR in-game. 

select TAA as antialiasing first, then you can select FSR.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

It is also grayed out for me.  Can't select it.

In order to get DLSS (ingame, "DLAA") to work in DCS:

1. Your GPU must be a NVIDIA RTX card (2000, 3000 or 4000 series).
  2. Your GPU driver version must be recent (say, above 500).
  3. You must run DCS Multithreaded ("MT") version.
  4. If all of the above is OK and you still see greyed out "DLAA" in DCS graphic options, try this:
  • Run regedit.
  • Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers".
  • See if it contains a "TDRLevel" key: if it does, delete this key then reboot your PC.
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

11 hours ago, NineLine said:

Are you using the Multithreading version? You need to be running Multithreaded for those options. 

I should be.  It MT beta is selected in Steam.  Is there another way I can verify while in-game?

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

In order to get DLSS (ingame, "DLAA") to work in DCS:

1. Your GPU must be a NVIDIA RTX card (2000, 3000 or 4000 series).
  2. Your GPU driver version must be recent (say, above 500).
  3. You must run DCS Multithreaded ("MT") version.
  4. If all of the above is OK and you still see greyed out "DLAA" in DCS graphic options, try this:
  • Run regedit.
  • Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers".
  • See if it contains a "TDRLevel" key: if it does, delete this key then reboot your PC.

I will verify MT then see about that regedit.

Edit to add:  Ok, that's weird.  If I launch the game from the exe in the bin-MT folder I now have those options.  Have I not been using MT all this time?  I may have messed it up once recently running it from bin, did that change it?  Like I said, I am losing my mind over small details.

Just now, SickSidewinder9 said:

I should be.  It MT beta is selected in Steam.  Is there another way I can verify while in-game?

I don't use Steam so I can't explain this perfectly, but apparently with 2.9 you may need to launch it slightly differently to get MT (do a search for details).

To see if you're on MT, look at the bottom right of the menu screen and it should say MT PREVIEW before the version #.  If it doesn't, you're on ST.

1 minute ago, rob10 said:

I don't use Steam so I can't explain this perfectly, but apparently with 2.9 you may need to launch it slightly differently to get MT (do a search for details).

To see if you're on MT, look at the bottom right of the menu screen and it should say MT PREVIEW before the version #.  If it doesn't, you're on ST.

see edit above

Ok, got it on.  Now things look blurrier, but the lettering still kinda sucks

null

image.png

10 minutes ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

Edit to add:  Ok, that's weird.  If I launch the game from the exe in the bin-MT folder I now have those options.  Have I not been using MT all this time?  I may have messed it up once recently running it from bin, did that change it?  Like I said, I am losing my mind over small details.

I don't use Steam so I can't answer definitively, but from what I've read this was a change in 2.9 so where you would previously have gotten MT on launch you now get ST.  My wild ass guess would be it somehow relates to the fact that the standalone desktop shortcut now points to MT rather than ST.

Even with additional AA from Nvidia Control panel and messing with the scaling and sharpening, there's nothing I can do to not make the cockpit lamp or mfd text not look like garbage.  I can make everything else blurry or too sharp, and maybe FSR helps a bit, but that's it.  Something is wrong with the graphics engine.

null

image.png

You can even see it if you look closely at the parking brake handle in the Hornet.  It looks jagged:

null

image.png

1 hour ago, gonchangye said:

Try 2K(2560X1440)

That's what I'm running, I think.  I have a 1440p G-sync gaming monitor with some of its own sharpening and it's 16:9.  144Hz, allegedly.  Or would be if I got anywhere near that FPS, lol.

I changed the shortcut on my desktop to make sure I'm always launching the MT version.