2.9 Peterovich AI cannot correctly identify the target

MsKatze

vor 1 Stunde schrieb AeriaGloria:

I suspected as much. I usually keep the Petro reticle on a lot, it’s annoying to need to turn to avoid AAA after a ATGM hits but then realize you’re short down is by closing the periscope

Petro worked well untill latest patch. now in my opinion he is broken.

• Like 1

I am unsure if this is the intended change or a bug, but even if it is intended - please reverse it.

Petro's eye surgery seems to have gone bad and he turned completely blind. Even in fields with no clutter he is unable to identify target in a reasonable amount of time, even if pointed directly on it. This, in turn, turns ATGMs in a much less usable weapon - you are forced to either hover, exposing yourself, or just drop ATGMs in general, as Petro can rarely identigy a target in the given time frame between enter spotting distance and getting too close. Hind deserve this fate 😞

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• ED Team

threads merged, 

we are very busy currently so if you think we are missing something important chuck us a pm in the future. 

Edit: I have raised the issue with the team and we will check

thanks 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Seems I am behind the curve the team already have this reported and are tweaking currently. 

thank you

• Like 4

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I agree too. 

It was supposed to be more realistic, but first of all - currently, the identification of targets takes a very long time compared to the last version 2.8, I can even identify the target myself (with zoom) but Petrovich still thinks and he doesn't know what it is 😁. The second option is that the marked area, direction 0 deg (on the front) to the target, does not always find the target even though it is not covered by anything (e.g. the terrain is uneven) or if they are few, see only 1, 2 targets, but the target can be seen without any problems. Sometimes I also noticed that I was dangerously close to the target and Petro still couldn't see it (2-3 kilometers from the target, no trees, no buildings, the target was clearly visible). 

Overall, in my opinion, it is unrealistic and worse than it was in 2.8, before the update. Petro's behavior should be improved according me too.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

vor 4 Stunden schrieb YoYo:

I agree too. 

It was supposed to be more realistic, but first of all - currently, the identification of targets takes a very long time compared to the last version 2.8, I can even identify the target myself (with zoom) but Petrovich still thinks and he doesn't know what it is 😁. The second option is that the marked area, direction 0 deg (on the front) to the target, does not always find the target even though it is not covered by anything (e.g. the terrain is uneven) or if they are few, see only 1, 2 targets, but the target can be seen without any problems. Sometimes I also noticed that I was dangerously close to the target and Petro still couldn't see it (2-3 kilometers from the target, no trees, no buildings, the target was clearly visible). 

Overall, in my opinion, it is unrealistic and worse than it was in 2.8, before the update. Petro's behavior should be improved according me too.

Petro before also recognized targets and when he was not sure to identify the list of optinal target was in grey and says "ground target".

I found out, that Petro works fine for a smal ammount of time and afterwards he dont was able to find any targets, even when hovering f.e. 700 meters of them and no obsticles are there.

All in all, there is no reason to blame ED. Game gets better and better and sometimes something goes wrong, but i am sure also there will be a solution for this problem later

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JG11Preusse said:

All in all, there is no reason to blame ED. 

I don't think anyone is blaming ED here. We talk about constructive criticism and share our observations. This is not to blame ED, but to suggest ideas and draw attention to quite significant changes.

The example from yesterday was quite funny. I was on a mission (SP) with my wingman, we had several tground targets next to each other (AAA). When I was a few kilometers from the target (4-5) in front of my nose, I gave Patrovich the order to look for the target. At this time, I also gave by radio order for my AI to attack the ground units. I kept my distance, AI too (less or more). Petrovich searched, searched, searched, searched, finally he found only one target (without the name). At that time, my AI, from a similar distance, destroyed all the targets and there was nothing left for me finally. During this time, Petro found 1, although I saw all of them quite well, and with the zoom I could even recognize these targets... It's a bit hard for me to explain.

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Btw. Todays patch!

DCS: Mi-24P Hind by Eagle Dynamics

• Improved: Petrovich AI targets detection tuning. Now Petrovich will take into account more factors like:
    • If target moving then detection is faster
    • If target is on road then detection is faster
    • If Petrovich already detected this target before and scanning same area again same target will take much less time to detect
  • Added: Petrovich AI now scan for targets routinely from his cockpit when he is not using ATGM aiming sight. Petrovich will report contacts clock wise if he will detect anything. Contacts report if remembered and not spammed constantly, he only warns commander ones then some time should pass before he warns commander about same contacts again. Only subtitles for now.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I think that after today's patch (DCS 2.9.0.47168 Open Beta), Petrovich's target acquisition is better I suppose but I also need to test it longer, I tested the same mission as yesterday and today it was better.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• ED Team

thanks for confirming, I will close this thread. 
Any new issues please make a new thread. 

thank you

• Thanks 1