Screen Flickering Since 2.9 Update

DAZnBLAST
Go to solution Solved by DAZnBLAST,

Am 1.11.2023 um 06:40 schrieb KeyserSoze62:

I was getting this same flash in the Apache on all maps. Much worse on night missions and more frequent with the PNVS up then without.  I wasn't sure if it was 2.9 because I had recently updated Nvidia drivers. 

When 2.9 dropped I was on Nvidia driver 537.42 with no issues or flashing. I updated to 545.92 and it started flashing.  I rolled back to 537.42 drivers and its working fine again.

Track attached from the initial flashing if it helps.

screen flash.trk 4.73 MB · 1 Download

Im also on the Apache. I was going back to 537.42 with DDU. But this not solve the Problem for me. Only switch the Tads from Flir to tv mode is working for me. I strongly believe there is a Problem with the Flir image. And it happens also with other modules as soon as you turn on any device that use a FLIR picture.

System

64gb Ram

I've just had another play around with the Apache Live Fire Range. Did not load any Hellfires, just took off and flew around for like 4mins, no issues. As soon as I bought up the TADS screen using VID > TADS > ZOOM in Pilot cockpit and asked George to look over the range, within seconds, BOOM white flashes.

But then I don't understand how I can get white flashes in MP in Combined Arms, unless it's because other users in the server are using TADS, TGPs etc??

• Like 1

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Flashes.trkDxDiag.txtdcs.log

Disabled full screen without any result. It changed nothing, because mirror was windowed before. I can not make it go fullscreen.
Anyway, here's a track where I allways get flashes. (F-15E)

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

I do remember seeing this before the 2.9 patch and it was right around the time the F15E SE dropped for early access because I remember my friend and I were online in the SE and we Both saw this issue happen. We both thought it was lightning and we were trying to remember if that was a new thing. But I clearly remember seeing this before 2.9!! It seems to happen when the FLIR pod is displayed in the MFD or the HUD and I’ve seen it in the Apache as well as the F15E. Turn off the FLIR or stop iy displaying on the HUD and it goes away.

Could someone tell me where those other two files that are being asked for are located? I’ll share them if I can find them. I can recreate this pretty easily now. Does this happen with any of the other modules? I haven’t been able to fly much so haven’t messed around to see if it does. Thanks…

• Like 1

I retract my previous comment that this issue had been corrected by rolling back Nvidia drivers. It truly seemed to be the case as I have flown several Apache missions with absolutely no white flashes but today after flying several more flash free missions the white flashing returned on the last mission of the day in the Sinai map. It was a daytime mission with no FLIR or PNVS up. It was very frequent as well.  I've made no changes at all to my system since I rolled back the drivers so no clue why it suddenly started again.

I also experienced a couple of other bugs playing today so it was a real winner.

16 hours ago, Ebphoto said:

I do remember seeing this before the 2.9 patch and it was right around the time the F15E SE dropped for early access because I remember my friend and I were online in the SE and we Both saw this issue happen. We both thought it was lightning and we were trying to remember if that was a new thing. But I clearly remember seeing this before 2.9!! It seems to happen when the FLIR pod is displayed in the MFD or the HUD and I’ve seen it in the Apache as well as the F15E. Turn off the FLIR or stop iy displaying on the HUD and it goes away.

Could someone tell me where those other two files that are being asked for are located? I’ll share them if I can find them. I can recreate this pretty easily now. Does this happen with any of the other modules? I haven’t been able to fly much so haven’t messed around to see if it does. Thanks…

You are right. It was there before 2.9 and appeared around the time the F15E was released - ish.

DCS.log in
"saved games/DCS.openbeta/logs"
Run dxdiag from start, and you save that file where you want. I think default path is desktop.

I'd love to see a fix very soon, because now that everything is so smooth, these menigitis-inducing flashes ruins all the would-be joyous missions.

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Also having the same issues, black flicker / flash in the F16 and white in the F18 and only when using the TPOD, its fine otherwise. Particularly jarring at night though.

Never been so glad to see other people having the same issue...was terrified my GPU was failing!

Hopefully can be addressed in the next OB update.

• Hardware: MSI B550 Tomahawk, Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz, Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity, WinWing Orion 2 throttle and base, F16 EX stick, WinWing PTO take off panel, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pico 4, TrackIR5 / Delanclip, Tobii Eyetracker 5, Alienware AW3423DWF

4 hours ago, Jamie_G said:

Also having the same issues, black flicker / flash in the F16 and white in the F18 and only when using the TPOD, its fine otherwise. Particularly jarring at night though.

Never been so glad to see other people having the same issue...was terrified my GPU was failing!

Hopefully can be addressed in the next OB update.

Yeah there are definitely a number of us.  I'm also having an issue where when using the TGP set to White Hot mode I can barely make out vehicles at all.  Most of a tank, for example, practically blends in with the grass and only the engine compartment lights up.  So when you're flying to a target trying to find tune or locate your mission target you pretty much have to enable Active Pause to have enough time to find anything.  Very frustrating

Hello,

I also have a problem with random flickering of the image since version 2.9,

but on closer inspection, it's probably caused by activating the TADS video and it doesn't matter whether it's night or day.

Flicker in the cockpit is very unpleasant.

I'm attaching the track with my tests without TADS and with TADS.
Before the 2.9, i didn't have this problem with the AH-64D. 

- - - 
Computer setting for DCS : 
Windows 11
ASUS ROG STRIX B660-F GAMING WIFI
Intel Core i5-13600KF
DDR5 32Go G.Skill DDR5 32GB 6000Mhz
AMD Radeon 7900XT
SSD Crucial P3 1To M.2 PCIe Gen3 NVMe

PB_TADS-Apache.trk

Edited by Abybos

• ED Team

Best to wait for a future change log. At the moment a fix is being worked on. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

34 minutes ago, Flappie said:

A fix to the white flashes is being made. However, the fix was not ready to be put into today's OB update.

Thanks for the update. I was going to post just now, the white flashes are still in this latest build.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha