Go to solution Solved by DAZnBLAST,

• ED Team
Just now, Vakarian said:

@BIGNEWY Can you merge this one too? 

It does looke like it's related to this issue

done thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 10/22/2023 at 8:45 PM, edudix said:

RTX 2090

You meant 3090?

Start a game and as soon as the flashes happen stop and save a track, then upoad it here.

Was it like that?:

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hi,

I've also had a problem with random flickering of the image since the 2.9 release,

but upon closer examination it's probably caused by clouds and it doesn't matter if it's night or day.

The flickering in the cockpit is very unpleasant for the eyes.

DCSF1.jpg

DCSF2.jpg

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• ED Team
2 часа назад, petsild сказал:

Hi,

I've also had a problem with random flickering of the image since the 2.9 release,

but upon closer examination it's probably caused by clouds and it doesn't matter if it's night or day.

The flickering in the cockpit is very unpleasant for the eyes.

Please attach tracks. Videos are useless.

Problem is known, we are working on its solution. But additional tracks will be useful.

• Like 4

I don’t think I have a TRK file for the video I posted. I can see if I can recreate it again. Also I noticed the same flash at night in the Apache with the FLIR enabled while flying. I’m not sure if these the Apache uses the same “code” or tech as in the F15ESE but it sure seems they are having the same issue. Also wanted to add that this happened before 2.9 so I don’t think its new to 2.9 sorry if I said so in the title. A friend and I both saw this during a coop mission we flew when the F15SE was released. We both thought it was lightning until now. The graphics card used is a MSI 4090 and the latest released driver. I will try to send a TRK file if I can recreate it tonight if you still need it. Thanks

Edited by Ebphoto

I have a long MP track of when I've turned on the stopwatch since confirming the mission.
The first flashing starts at 8:45 and then it repeats itself irregularly.

The recording is 109Mb, so I can't attach it. 🙁

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

On 10/24/2023 at 4:43 PM, GORNYAK said:

Please attach tracks. Videos are useless.

Problem is known, we are working on its solution. But additional tracks will be useful.

Hi,

I have a short track from a friend that reproduces flashes 101% reliably.

It is interesting that they are never in the exact same place!

20231025-182319.trk2023-10-25_18-38-49.jpg2023-10-25_18-38-50.jpg2023-10-25_18-38-51.jpgimage.png

dcs_f161.trk

Edited by petsild
  • Thanks 1

I am getting an occassional flash, and also having periods of time where the screen gets very dark (purplish) for a short time, then goes back to normal in maybe 30-60 seconds.  Weird.

• Like 1

System: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 5 Ghz, Z-390 Gaming X, 64Gb DDR4-3200, EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3, Dedicated SSD, HP Reverb G2, Winwing Orion & F-16EX

DCS Modules: A-10C II,  A/V-8B NA, Bf-109 K4, P-51D, P-47D, F/A-18C, F-14 A/B, F-16 CM, F-86F, JF-17, KA-50 Black Shark 2, UH-1H, Mosquito, AH-64D Longbow 

Terrains & Tech:  Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, Combined Arms, WWII Assets, Supercarrier

Hi, similar issue for me - track included and settings shown. Also included a video to show what happens incase it doesn't repeat in the track.

So far I have tried:

• Turning off DLSS - seems to be less flashes but still there
  • All AA modes (including none) with DLSS off - flashes still present
  • nullFlashes worst in F-15E with tpod active on both caucs and syria, but also occurs in F/A-18C, and occasionally in external views
  • Shadows off - no improvement
  • LOD from 0.5 - 1.5 - no effect
  • SSAO / SSLR off - no effect
  • Secondary shadows and SSS on/off - no effect
  • Terrain textures low - no effect
  • Cockpit display res 1024 / 1024 every frame - no effect
  • Clearing Fxo/metashaders - no effect
  • Setting a max framerate (nvidia control panel) - no effect

I have also updated graphics drivers, done a full DCS clean and repair (slow) and updated to today's (26th October) patch - this track was produced following the patch.

At my wits end here and want to be able to record videos but this is really frustrating! Appreciate any advice and more stuff I can try.

image.png

Flicker track.trk

• Like 1

Not 2D but VR here.

Flickering for me are black flashes, like when blinking an eye and only occurs with some kind of FLIR or TGP enabled.

For example FLIR or TGP in the Harrier where I have just tested this. Or Maverick stream.
As soon as i switch the mfds to something different, the flickering is gone.

On all the example pictures and videos above i always see some kind of Flir/tgp active.

Edited by Sile
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 12:44 PM, Leg2ion said:

That sounds similar to what I am seeing, but it happens while the mission is loading so I cannot take a track. My left hand screen displays the loading splash screen, the RH screen is blinding white then flashes between multiple cockpit views quickly in succession, then all is normal. Happens in any map, any aircraft. In addition the MFD/helios screens start displaying data before the mission is flyable - which I haven't noticed before.

Latest Beta, latest Nvidia drivers. Issue not present in Stable.

OK - understand the post to say videos are useless, but I cannot record a track as the attached happens while the mission is loading. It happens as the 'preload' counts to 1 on the load screen, pauses then flashes through multiple screens - I am guessing another 59 in time with the count to 60? Happens on beta/MT but not stable - so probably not the latest Nvidia drivers. In addition as this happens the graphics cards fans ramp up - so definitely a draw on the card which doesn't happen as the load screen moves through the preload sequence in stable.

Edited by Leg2ion

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

15 hours ago, Mad Dog 762 said:

I am getting an occassional flash, and also having periods of time where the screen gets very dark (purplish) for a short time, then goes back to normal in maybe 30-60 seconds.  Weird.

Also getting this on odd occasions. Sat on the runway, controls go unresponsive/locked and the tarmac goes purple. Can swap between seats, change MPD screens etc but no reaction to any other inputs. Will try to get a track next time it repeats.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

On 10/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, drz400dude said:

Since the 2.9 update I have gotten a weird screen flickering issue. It almost seems as if the brightness is changing rapidly. It only happens in DCS, no other games. Drivers for the GPU are updated. It is most noticeable in the menus when there are still images. When I launch the game, if I don't click anything it will not do it. As soon as I click any menu button (settings, missions, multiplayer, etc...) it starts. Also, I tried to do a screen recording of it to show, but it does not do it as soon as I start recording. As soon as I stop recording, the flickering starts again. It isn't just a slight flicker either, it is almost seizure inducing. Are there any options new to 2.9 that would cause this? I've tried messing with a bunch of settings and can't get it to stop. 

RTX 3080 (driver version 545.84), i9-13900KF, 32GB RAM, 

I'm seeing the exact same issue.  The flickering is so fast and so severe, I'm grateful I don't have epilepsy.  It's apparent on various 2D screens in the GUI.  In game, it's also noticeable at points of high contrast (i.e., horizon line).  It does not happen in an older stable version that I happened to have installed.  I've also tried experimenting with various settings but nothing has helped so far.

RX 6800XT (23.10.1 drivers)

Quick odd update - though unsure if of any relevance?

My DCS World Open Beta shortcut on the desktop was pointed at "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe", and not "DCS.exe".

Having read the post about checking whether you are in MT or 'normal' DCS (beta), I opened the game from the DCS MT OpenBeta shortcut and verified - yep - in the MT version - said so in the lower right corner. I then launched from the standard beta shortcut, and also ended up in the MT version?

Then navigated to the open beta bin and I launched directly from the DCS.exe in the OpenBeta bin no flashing was experienced (though was a quick check) - but hopefully that may help others that might be getting thrown into the MT version and not set up for it?

Hope the above makes sense?

Edited by Leg2ion

First noticed on Syria, especially at night the light flash seems to interact with the cockpit/aircraft model rather than being a flat white screen. Same observation when in F2 for an external view. 

Tried on Caucasus today and same issue. Seems to occur with or without OpenXR Toolkit activated and at irregular yet frequent intervals

dcs.log DxDiag.txt

Screen_231028_001518.jpg

Edited by Jive

Can confirm this, it looks pretty random

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier