Screen Flickering Since 2.9 Update

DAZnBLAST
Go to solution Solved by DAZnBLAST,

Flying along in the 2.9 version, AH64 weapons range miz. I get random flashes, almost as if the pilot I'm flying as is blinking. Tried deleting fxo and metashaders folders, also rolled back to previous nVidia drivers, deleted the same folders.. still weird blinking?

NOTE this is with DLSS and SSS disabled.

Edited by DAZnBLAST
  • Like 1

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Tested this again today. It starts blinking as soon as I start to tell George CPG where to look and my pilot TADS screen moves <-- then I see screen blinks. 

Edited by DAZnBLAST

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

UPDATE - the above TADS testing is correct, BUT the screen is also blinking even in Combined Arms. 

My Hangar:

My Spec:

Running 2 x 27" curved screens, as the mission loads the RH screen displays a cockpit view, then blooms almost white, then darkens and flashes between multiple views. Once in mission all is OK.

Updated to the latest nvidia drivers prior to the beta update and all is ok in the stable - just affecting the beta after yesterdays update.

Edited by Leg2ion

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

Was wondering if anyone else is having a black flash every couple seconds. Like if you were to blink your eyes. It is only happening in the headset and not on my monitor. Was just about to start fiddling with settings to see if I can fix it but thought I'd ask here as well. I'm using valve index and my friends are using Quest 3 and Rift S. But I'm the only one of us having this issue. 

4 hours ago, Trison said:

Was wondering if anyone else is having a black flash every couple seconds. Like if you were to blink your eyes. It is only happening in the headset and not on my monitor. Was just about to start fiddling with settings to see if I can fix it but thought I'd ask here as well. I'm using valve index and my friends are using Quest 3 and Rift S. But I'm the only one of us having this issue. 

I experienced that today when I switched to 60hz on my HP Reverb, turning off DLSS and reprojection with a 4090. Didn't notice it up until then. I wanted to see what it's like with no DLSS/Super sampling, and no reprojection, just DLAA.

I had this issue, too, when the MT version first came out. Random flashes every few seconds. Even more when a menu was open. Happened only when using OpenXR directly. When I set SteamVR as the default for OpenXR the problem went away. (HP Reverb G2, 6800).

I also see flashes, as if there were lightning strikes behind me. In a certain mission in Caucasus, it is reproducable.
All plane modules. Appearing after passing a certain point.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

5 hours ago, rwbishUP said:

I feel like I'm taking some major gamma ray bursts, screen just randomly flashing blinding white! And it's happening on every map now.

That sounds similar to what I am seeing, but it happens while the mission is loading so I cannot take a track. My left hand screen displays the loading splash screen, the RH screen is blinding white then flashes between multiple cockpit views quickly in succession, then all is normal. Happens in any map, any aircraft. In addition the MFD/helios screens start displaying data before the mission is flyable - which I haven't noticed before.

Latest Beta, latest Nvidia drivers. Issue not present in Stable.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

I’m seeing white flashes on Cauc and PG maps. The flashes are as quick as a blink of the eye. In AH64, F18, Harrier and Combined Arms driving vehicles.

Edited by DAZnBLAST
  • Like 1

My Hangar:

My Spec:

1 hour ago, DAZnBLAST said:

I’m seeing white flashes on Cauc and PG maps. The flashes are as quick as a blink of the eye. In AH64, F18, Harrier and Combined Arms driving vehicles.

Exactly what I'm having, it's like lightning, just randomly, and frequently. I hope they can figure it out and push out the patch. Combined with the ghosting and global lighting coming and going. It's unplayable for me right now.

Edited by rwbishUP
  • Like 1

@Flappie See attached track.

TEST Flashing.trk

DxDiag.txt

Edited by DAZnBLAST

My Hangar:

My Spec:

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I was wondering if anyone else has seen what I’m going to try to explain. I flew a night mission with a full moon and scattered clouds. While flying I would get these brilliant flashes of light looked like lightning going off. I don’t think it’s lightning and if it is I don’t remember this in the sim before. One thing I did notice is it happens more when the FLIR is up on the HUD. I can’t remember exactly if it happened with the FLIR off the HUD but I don’t believe it did. I’ll have to look again and see. I did see this in the previous release a few times in multiplayer. Has anyone else seen this? Is it a bug or a glitch with the graphics card or something? Thanks

I have a RTX4090 with the latest drivers installed, 128G RAM on a Intel 24-Core i9-13900KF Processor 

I tried both track but I cannot reproduce the issue you describe. Maybe it is caused by a DCS option. Can you also attach our respective "options.lua" file please? (from Saved Games/DCS.../Config)

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

It’s worth noting, no flashing/blinking pre 2.9 and now I see flashing/blinking in 2.9. None of my settings have changed in maybe years?! See attached...

options.lua

Edited by DAZnBLAST
  • Like 1

My Hangar:

My Spec: