Black Frames

Topper81
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

17 hours ago, Topper81 said:

Hello, I sometimes have "black frames", in the attached video @ ~ 20sec.

I tested to change some settings without success.

Settings are as

follows:

image.png

Very rarely but the same.

• Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi sure I added a trackfile

I noticed that it seems to be depend on where you looking at.

I also recorded this as a video, and when I look frame by frame, it seems not to be complete black,

to me it looks more like flying in the dusk for one frame:

"Black" frame (dusk):

image.png

Next frame (normal):

image.png

you can see this also in the attached video:

image.png

I also sometimes observed some "flickering" caused by lighning changes on the displays (Maybe related to this issue in general):

image.png

But it's not related to the Hornet, I have the same issue with the Apache...

blackframes.trk

options.lua

Edited by Topper81
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thank you. I'm not able to reproduce this issue, which makes me think it might be the issue seen here, often described as a "white flash":

Devs are investigating.

Thx. When I notice it again, I will record a track and check if the problem repeats itself. Generally, its very rare for me (5% chance for me to encounter it), it probably depends on the settings and the appropriate time of day (I think).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just one more possible hint: I only have noticed this issue when TGP or MAV picture was displayed, or video image in the Apache.

When I turn off those stuff, I don't see any dark frames so far.

Maybe it has something to do with the rendering of those picture... But for sure it could also be performance related.

Interesting. I also have the black frames.

Running a i13900KS, RTX 4090, Varjo Aero.

What I also had was long blackouts of the image while refueling. Really unpredictable, not able to reproduce with any logic. Just close to the tanker and the image went black.

One solution was to uninstall Tacview. It was gone afterwards. Then I reinstalled it and it came back. But after some updates. Not instantly.

I have Tacview installed currently. Maybe I will uninstall.

Do you have Tacview installed too?

EDIT: Reading what Flappie says: It seems like the Tacview deinstallation was a placebo.

Edited by darkman222
  • Thanks 1

The black frame issue has been reported internally. 👍

It is different from the white flash issue, for the black frame occludes the whole screen, while the white flash appears exactly like the result of a lightning (land and cockpit react to a very strong, distant light).

• Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...

The issue is not forgotten but devs haven't found the cause yet. Don't hesitate to attach short tracks demonstrating the issue, because black flickers can be caused by various sources (that's what happened in the past - sometimes caused by mirrors, or ships, or other things). I'll add your tracks to the internal report.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

As mentioned, I have the feeling that it has to do fith the FLIR rendering.

If I don't have any FLIR rendering device selected, I never noticed this issue. Does this happent to someone without FLIR image rendering?

Even the TV mode for the TGP seems to make no trouble, but as soon as I swicht to FLIR, I always got "black frames"...

I know I'm speculating with this, but as we saw, it's not really a black frame. What we saw it that it's a different "time of the day" for one frame or so...
The question is why? And my next question is, how do you avoid shadows in the FLIR image? Or in other words: Is it possible that the time is change for rendering the FLIR image, and it's not changed back for the "Main Frame" in time? I know it's a very specualtive Idea 😉

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
  • Solution

you should see improvement, please test and give us feedback

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2