DCS F-4E PhantomII Pre-order Now Live!

IronMike

15 hours ago, IronMike said:

• the pre order will come to Steam soon, yes.

What about the ED E-Shop?

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Ah, thanks.  Think this was firmly in the RTFM catagory🤣

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

The video presentation is amazing...
You (Heatblur) set a new level of quality when it comes to DCS modules. If the F14 was already unrivaled in terms of experience, the in cockpit manual and the pilot customization together with the Jester 2.0 are something on another level. These features should be a "standard"
Also looking forward to use the Shrike missiles on an official module (only tried them on the A4E)

Obviously I already pre-ordered the Phantom.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Snap said:

Preorder done, email arrived, can't wait to fly this beast ! 👍

Thank you for your purchase and support!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

3 minutes ago, Omega1-1 said:

Can this one land on carrier? As i know the F-4 can do that, but not sure if this module can do it. 

You can land on a carrier once, but you won't be able to take back off and will probably damage the landing gear. 

All F-4's retained the tailhook, but this is the USAF version not the USN version which is coming later as a completely separate module purchase.

• Thanks 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Stackup:

You can land on a carrier once, but you won't be able to take back off and will probably damage the landing gear. 

All F-4's retained the tailhook, but this is the USAF version not the USN version which is coming later as a completely separate module purchase.

Good to know. 👍

17 hours ago, Omega1-1 said:

Good to know. 👍

15E can get the gear repaired on the carrier, so I suspect even if you prang this one it can be repaired.  Take off?  Well...maybe.  Put enough horsepower on a rock it will fly, and maybe this will take off in 1000 feet.  I'm am curious how they're going to handle bridles when they get to that point.  Easy answer is to ignore them, but when was the first time HB did anything the easy way?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 11:10 PM, maikchaos said:

How is the pilot supposed to get to the handle on the RIO seat?

If both is set and you un-arm your seat...

Edit: it might not work in the F-4.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

The seat of the Phantom is “armed” by pulling out the “remove before flight” bolt. So if you "unarm" your seat, you can pull the handle as you like, nothing will happen.

According to the manual of the USAF for  the F-4 Phantom you have these options:

image.png

https://www.f4phantom.com/docs/F4Manual-1979-T-O-1F-4E-1-Flight-Manual-USAF-Series-F-4E-Aircraft.pdf

And how did the RIO in the video get shot out? Quite simply, he shot himself out because he was no longer in the mood for his driver.

As far as I know, there is no plane where the Pilot/RIO can shoot the other one out. Always just yourself or both.
With the F-14, F-15, F-16 (twinseat), Eurofighter and Tornado, it is always the case that the RIO is ALWAYS shot out first and then the pilot. The reason for this is very simple: if the pilot were to be shot out first, his seat would float above the rear cockpit with the rocket fired (even if the seats were shot out to the left/right). The RIO certainly wouldn't find that so funny to sit in the front seat exhaust fumes from the rockets. It would also extend the bail out sequence because you have to wait until the front seat is safely far enough away before shoot out the back seater.

Edited by maikchaos
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, maikchaos said:

I don't know exactly what function you mean, but according to the natops flight manual, the following ejection sequences are possible for the F-14.

I know. I mean when I, as pilot, unarm my seat and pull the curtain handles. In DCS, I can eject RIO that way. It probably works vice versa. Just don't know if it would work IRL.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I didn't see an answer to this so I just thought I was ask. My 76 year old father who has been around and loved aviation his entire life has taken over my DCS, which is fine as I haven't really had time to mess with it in a VERY long time (not long after the P-51 was released). We also got him FS2020 with a few pay planes... However, he caught wind of your F4 that is coming and has been asking about it almost every other day. I was going to pre-order it for him as he told my daughter he would really like it for Christmas, even though I told him after looking I had no idea when it would release. All I was able to find is the pre-order on this site and not for steam then a search lead me here.

I assume there hasn't been anything said since the last post before this is asking about a steam pre-order but I just thought I would throw out a line as well. I know this, my father looked like an excited kid walking into a toy store for the very first time when he saw the video introducing your F4 on youtube! He watched that video at least 10 times and had to show me, and my daughter as well, so you have my gratitude for that!

Edited by Catalinasgrace
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 4:33 AM, Catalinasgrace said:

Hello, I didn't see an answer to this so I just thought I was ask. My 76 year old father who has been around and loved aviation his entire life has taken over my DCS, which is fine as I haven't really had time to mess with it in a VERY long time (not long after the P-51 was released). We also got him FS2020 with a few pay planes... However, he caught wind of your F4 that is coming and has been asking about it almost every other day. I was going to pre-order it for him as he told my daughter he would really like it for Christmas, even though I told him after looking I had no idea when it would release. All I was able to find is the pre-order on this site and not for steam then a search lead me here.

I assume there hasn't been anything said since the last post before this is asking about a steam pre-order but I just thought I would throw out a line as well. I know this, my father looked like an excited kid walking into a toy store for the very first time when he saw the video introducing your F4 on youtube! He watched that video at least 10 times and had to show me, and my daughter as well, so you have my gratitude for that!

Hey, a steam pre-order will come, but closer to release. This is because steam has a few requirements like setting a release date, which we cannot do just yet. But it will come.

Please give our very best regards to your father, we're looking very much forward for him to experience the F-4 in DCS. If you want PM me, and you could give your father if you like some kind of gift voucher, for which I would be happy to write you a personal message from us if you like. 🙂

• Like 9

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/