Ships funnel smoke system changed

crazyeddie

I second this report.

No smoke appears on any mod ships.

Or volcano's!😂

This is unacceptable!😁

Volcano's NEED smoke!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Well to be honest, some of the affected ships shouldn't be producing smoke anyway, especially stuff that's powered by gas turbines.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Well to be honest, some of the affected ships shouldn't be producing smoke anyway, especially stuff that's powered by gas turbines.

Yes, we have had that discussion and its appreciated many of the modern types produce very little if any smoke.  Strangely enough I have served on a Brit type with gas turbines and when they flashed that thing up the sh*t coming out of the funnel had to be seen to be believed, but once it was up and running it was smokeless. 

Good point though. 👍

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Yes, we have had that discussion and its appreciated many of the modern types produce very little if any smoke.  Strangely enough I have served on a Brit type with gas turbines and when they flashed that thing up the sh*t coming out of the funnel had to be seen to be believed, but once it was up and running it was smokeless. 

Good point though. 👍

Oh yes and don't get me wrong - you can find images (although sometimes not many) of gas turbine ships producing smoke (usually whispy, cloud-like stuff)but presumably this depends on throttle setting, ambient conditions and as you described, when starting.

Of course none of that is accounted for in DCS - I just wanted to point out that probably 99% of the time a decent amount of ships in DCS should either be producing 0 or only a very small amount of smoke (even for oil fired ships).

Edited by Northstar98
Making more sense
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.