TeTeT's Vietnam War Vessels

TeTeT

23 hours ago, Beldin said:

So about the Tracker. Good news and bad.

The good news is I was able to code the plane as a functional AWACS aircraft. I was also able to do the same with the UK Fairey Gannet. and things were good.

Then... the 2.9 broke them😡. They will no longer take off from the deck. They do the control surface check but then just sit on the catapult and never take off. I do believe they will still take off from land. That fact that both mods are stuck on the ship leads me to think there is something wrong after the update with the way I made them AWACS mission capable.

I'll try and get them sorted this weekend

Very interesting, been trying to find the S-2 since I first noticed it in Bungo's HMAS Melbourne in the downloads library, would be happy to have it even as a deck static had no idea it was actually functional. For the Gannet I only became aware of this mods existence last week, would make for great eye candy on both the Melbourne and Hermes. 

5 hours ago, Valkyrie1-1 said:

Very interesting, been trying to find the S-2 since I first noticed it in Bungo's HMAS Melbourne in the downloads library, would be happy to have it even as a deck static had no idea it was actually functional. For the Gannet I only became aware of this mods existence last week, would make for great eye candy on both the Melbourne and Hermes.

So about the Tracker...... Good news and bad

Hawkeye confirmed that the 2.9 update has broken some prop planes taking off from carriers.

That pretty much sums up the bad. The good news is the S-2 seems to work in all other respects and can use the AWACS mission type and update other units with target data.

I've done two versions of the Gannet. Both AEW and ASW. AEW also functions as AWACS and the ASW can attack ships/subs with torpedoes.There are two models for the Gannet. The standard ASW and one that Hawkeye added the radar "bulge" to for the AEW variant.

Even with the take off bug the units can still be used, you just have to start in the air or on land. Strangely they will still land on the carrier🤔

Can also be used as static "uncontrolled" but I need to sort out the Gannet wings not folding when parked uncontrolled.

I'll post my lua files shortly. I also need to dumb down the sensor range as they both have "modern" radar ranges currently. I believe both of the original mods are from Hawkeye60 so I'll leave it up to him if he wants the original mods posted.

And yes Valkyrie, Cold War Naval assets are looking up. Here's Cv-31  flanked by period NATO carriers. I had to bend the time line a few years and the F-4 never deployed on the Hermes but...... it looks cool🤷‍♂️

Screen_240323_151303.jpg

Screen_240323_151333.jpg

Screen_240323_151417.jpg

Screen_240323_151537.jpg

Screen_240323_151638.jpg

Screen_240323_151715.jpg

Screen_240323_151740.jpg

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, Tengah said:

Where's yer "Bucc-an-eers"?  🙂

being made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

15 minutes ago, joey45 said:

being made.

(Sarkey mode enabled) Wait... An actual British Cold War Jet is coming to DCS, especially as an AI (I assume)... Hell must have half frozen over!   

Joey, thank you ever so much for this wonderful news!  Will it be the B or the C?  Dare I be greedy and wish for both?  

I am sure there are more than a few members who will welcome this news, my gratitude goes to all those involved in bringing "Grandma" to DCS. 

The DCS modders are the backbone of this simulator, you all make it worthwhile.  In my humble opinion. 

Edited by Tengah
  • Like 2

So I’ve made some good progress on the ai version of the F-8 Crusader, I think🤷‍♂️. Files have been sent for review and Hopefully they work for others as well as they are on my system

And yes, a proper British Fixed Wing Jet for the Hermes will be great. 👍

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 8:43 PM, Beldin said:

I've done two versions of the Gannet. Both AEW and ASW. AEW also functions as AWACS and the ASW can attack ships/subs with torpedoes.There are two models for the Gannet. The standard ASW and one that Hawkeye added the radar "bulge" to for the AEW variant.

Are these available to download anywhere? Was looking at doing my own Gannet, but won't need to now hopefully!

High speed, smooth brain

Currently we're putting together the release 0.4.0 of Vietnam War Vessels. We're adding two more assets at least, a MiG-17F and a PBR MkII Patrol Boat. Kudos to @Hawkeye60 and @Eight Ball for the donations! We're hoping to add distance lods and rough met secondary textures to these before release.

Cheers,
TeTeT

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Saguanay said:

If unable to be flown off carriers, Canadians will still accept it

He he, I remember rigging the C-1 Trader for Unsung in Arma 3 years ago. Quite a nice plane and would be a good fit for Vietnam War Vessels as well. 

On my wishlist would be also a RF-101 Voodoo. I've got a plastic model kit sitting around, but I have little clue how to turn that into a 3d model that's not totally rubbish 😄

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 2

We're pleased to share some significant updates to the Vietnam War Vessels pack, version 0.4.0.

Acknowledgments to @Eight Ballfor their contribution to the pack with the addition of the PBR MkII Patrol Boat. Alongside this, the MiG-17F "Fresco-C" joins the lineup, albeit in an early stage of development.

@Beldin has made noteworthy adjustments to the F-8 Crusader config, incorporated into this release. You'll also notice a renaming of the Liveries folder to vwv_crusader and vwv_crusader_np for organizational purposes.

Furthermore, with Beldin's assistance, improvements have been made to the taxi and runway routes of CVA-31.

Notably, the Vietnam War Vessels mod is now licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. Details can be found in LICENSE.md, https://github.com/tspindler-cms/tetet-vwv/blob/VWV_0.4.0/LICENSE.md 

Please download from

https://github.com/tspindler-cms/tetet-vwv/releases

We also have a discord channel dedicated to the Vietnam War Vessels mod at https://discord.gg/P2B63VEZVk

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Loving these👍 and the PBR will travel the rivers, Oh mama.😀

20240404171014_1.jpg

• Like 3

GE Wings2.jpg           AMD Ryzen 5, 16 GB DDR4, AMD XFX Radeon RX590 8GB, 27" curved Samsung monitor.

1 hour ago, Mike145 said:

Loving these👍 and the PBR will travel the rivers, Oh mama.😀

And blasting Rock'n'Roll out of those speakers 😄 Those monitors with the PBR make a nice combo indeed! Just need some VC/NVA and Gis running around then!

• Like 4

On 3/31/2024 at 12:40 PM, SlimJimIV said:

Are these available to download anywhere? Was looking at doing my own Gannet, but won't need to now hopefully!

You can ask Hawkeye60 if he can post the models. But I think the current mod is not working with 2.9. The last update broke some prop planes doing carrier take offs. Also I'm having trouble getting the bomb bay doors to open. I had them working but then broke them 🤦‍♂️. But once I get that sorted I'll post the lua files.

Thanks to @seabat we have now some testing versions of liveries for a generic Essex SCB-125 upgrade carrier available.

We hope for an update to 0.4.1 later this week, stay tuned.

@Stratos a MiG-21F-13 would make a lot of sense, wonder if we can source a nice model for one.

Cheers,
TeTeT

image.png

image.png

• Like 7

15 hours ago, fixedit said:

Could the F-8 be scaled up like 40%? She seems a lil small on deck.

Not sure this is a good idea. The new collision shell I just created comes pretty close to the size: 17.2048 meter roughly in length, Wikipedia states 17.059 m. In width 11.46 meter on the collision shell, 10.87 meter stated on Wikipedia. 

Given that it is more of a model for AI enjoyment rather than a hi-fi model for player usage, will leave it as is.

In other news, the cockpit for player use of the F-8 just got fixed. The A-10A FC3 cockpit will be  back in 0.4.1.

Cheers,
TeTeT

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 2