F-5 Tacan and course needles freeze after a while

T-Pickle

The problem described in the linked topic is still happening in the latest open beta of DCS. The F-5s Tacan just seems to freeze randomly after a while and needs to be reset by turning the Tacan off and back on, otherwise the needles just won't move anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

we will need fresh track replay examples showing the issue please. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

@BIGNEWY It's a fairly large track file, but I also experienced the freezing needle and distance in the F-5's TACAN in Nevada in single player multithreading (DCS/2.9.2.49940).

On the second part in the track I was taking off a second time. Tuned a tanker TACAN. At first, heading and distance were correct, than didn't change. Tuned a different TACAN and it worked again.

After this I set Nellis 12X TACAN. Headed to the northeast away from it to run back in. Again, closing in distance froze at 31 nm and needle didn't move. Changed TACAN frequency to a non existent and back to 12X. Now distance und needle updated and worked all the way in. Don't know if it's a altitude or masking issue, but as soon as there is enough altitude and signal, it should work again.

Track file in dropbox, cause it's 8 MB large: 20240107_F-5_Nevada_TACAN.trk

Thanks and hope this helps finding the issue.

Edited by gulredrel
fixed typos
  • Like 1